So i received my DT 770 Pro 80Ω today..
Sep 14, 2010 at 10:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

tensoon

New Head-Fier
Yes, well, until now i owned a DT 880 Pro 250Ω that i used with a Corda3 DAC/amp but it got old, yes the soundstage is nice and some songs sound really good but most of the time it started to feel lifeless, even my old HD 555 sounded better to me. So i sold it, wrapped my head around buying a "lesser" Beyer and bought the 770 after hesitating between them and the Ultrasone 780 (which i will get eventually since i have discovered that i much prefer closed headphones...)
So, i unboxed the package, hooked them to the Corda, put on some Diamond District and got seriously bitch slapped by the bass, in fact i was so bass  deprived after inflicting the DT880 on my undeserving unsophisticated self during so long that it almost felt painful, my body had to relearn that bass is good and makes my music fun to listen to. Another upside to them is that music sounds good at low volume whereas the 880 seems to only sound good at higher volumes.
So yes, the DT770 Pro 80ohms do deserve their rep as bass monsters, i love them already even if i am still a bit afraid of them, they are like a street pimp while my 880 were a nice sweet old lady smelling of lavander.

Sep 14, 2010 at 1:46 PM Post #2 of 3

Love the comparison!  lol.

Does anyone here own the DT770 Pro 80ohm AND the HFI780?  I have been long deliberating between the 2. 

There are lots of posts on both, but I couldn't find any direct comparisons.  I would not be using them for movies or games, just mainly music.  Rock music for the most part.  Run either out of a home receiver or a portable. 

Quote:
 they are like a street pimp while my 880 were a nice sweet old lady smelling of lavander.

Sep 14, 2010 at 2:46 PM Post #3 of 3
Great first post! Welcome to Head-Fi...

I love the 'bitch-slapped' statement. That pretty much says it all.
wink_face.gif

I'll be curious to hear if they change much over time and if you still feel so abused after 100 hours or so.

Keep us posted.

Congrats on your purchase. Enjoy.

shane

Users who are viewing this thread

Back