Smyth Research Realiser A16
Apr 6, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #2,386 of 16,107
Allow me just to ask one question in the name of everyone

No

You DON'T get to ask that.

Couple of months or more ago you jumped in all hyped about the product coming out.

I said/asked - it's been coming out for almost a year and wondered what you had heard that indicated it was coming out soon.

YOU called me out as a.... dunno what... sook? whinger? troll?

Dude - suck it up princess

My attitude has been the same since I heard about the A8 - you don't get to change yours

Apr 6, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #2,387 of 16,107
I am not complaining at all. I actually like the Realiser A16 more then anything else i have ever heard together with my Tera Player.
Allow me just to ask one question in the name of everyone: is it coming for sure this year or next? That's all i need to know, and i am grateful that Smyth Research are actually making this future proof !

Whether it’s coming this year or not is obviously the million dollar question. I would think that it would be coming this year since they have all the boards and whatnot. I guess the wildcard is the software development and certification. I actually am still holding out hope that we receive our orders sometime this summer. If I remember correctly they are offering 15% off an order at CanJam this weekend, surely they would have to give someone who is pondering an order this weekend some sort of at least vague shipping estimate I would think. I don’t know, maybe I’m wrong or still too over optimistic given the delays we’ve seen so far. Hopefully we get a bit of a clearer sense of a roadmap from CanJam though.

Apr 6, 2018 at 3:40 PM Post #2,388 of 16,107
If I remember correctly they are offering 15% off an order at CanJam this weekend, surely they would have to give someone who is pondering an order this weekend some sort of at least vague shipping estimate I would think.

A hell of a lot of us "pre"ordered off the website over a year ago with an "expected" shipping date.

NONE of the ones who ordered from the website (as far as I know) have received anything more than a "Pay Balance of Money" email - with the expected delivery date still being almost a year ago.

Instead of a 15% discount - maybe you should offer to pay full price, as long as he slings you 15% in cash now?

Apr 6, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #2,389 of 16,107
A hell of a lot of us "pre"ordered off the website over a year ago with an "expected" shipping date.

NONE of the ones who ordered from the website (as far as I know) have received anything more than a "Pay Balance of Money" email - with the expected delivery date still being almost a year ago.

Instead of a 15% discount - maybe you should offer to pay full price, as long as he slings you 15% in cash now?

Yes I know as I’m one of those people who preordered like a year ago with an expected ship date of July or August of 2017 and paid the remaining balance off two days after my preorder and filled out the survey with the version I want. The only things I’ve received since then are the emails once a month from James Smyth telling me there’s been an update posted to Kickstarter.

My point was just that if they are opening up sales again this weekend, something which to the best of my knowledge hasn’t been available through their website for months, then they surely can’t stay silent about at least a vague ship date. Trying something for $2000+ that has already been delayed a year without being willing to give a new estimated ship date (which of course they could totally miss again) would be madness.

Apr 6, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #2,390 of 16,107
My point was just that if they are opening up sales again this weekend, something which to the best of my knowledge hasn’t been available through their website for months, then they surely can’t stay silent about at least a vague ship date.

My point is....

They took FIXED [expletive deleted by Mod] EXPECTED DELIVERY DATE PREORDERS for 2017

You were one of them. As was I.

Neither of us have heard a single word from them why the product wasn't delivered as indicated in 2017.

Sales were closed - as they should be if the product hasn't eventuated.

KK - product will eventually make it to me... still haven't heard a single word from the supplier but yeah, I'll believe that.

(you and me actually "pre-ordered" through the official website - we do actually have a reason to expect results vs kick starter)

[Paragraph deleted by Mod]

Next thing I know sales are open again at the upcoming CanJam.

Still haven't heard why we (as in you and me) haven't received our units that were set for delivery in 2017....

Am soooooooo glad they will be accepting cash next week for orders.

For product that we (you and me) have ZERO idea why we haven't got.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 6, 2018 at 4:49 PM Post #2,391 of 16,107
I'll just stay tuned this week-end to read comments and informations from those who will attend CanJam and cross fingers that we'll get some real news (and good ones i hope !)
I emailed James Smyth three days ago, haven't received an answer yet, though with CanJam to prepare i was not really expecting one this week (if at all)

Apr 6, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #2,392 of 16,107
So yes, I'm looking forward to saying hello to all the Smyth brothers once again as well as Lorr Kramer (who I assume will also be there). And I'm especially looking forward to hearing what 16-channel 3D-sound through the A16 and headphones actually sounds like.
If you get a chance to stop by the Audeze Mobius demo, I'd be interested in your thoughts on it and how it compares to the Realiser.

Apr 7, 2018 at 8:01 AM Post #2,399 of 16,107
« This year »?! I sure hope it will come before summer. The whole hardware is already in their possession, the only thing left is software part, so there is no valid reason to delay it for 6 or 9 more months !! Software can be improved via updates...
What about the whole certificates such as Dolby Atmos? Are they done? That may delay things a bit, but i believe it will be coming. We sre hours away from CanJam LA so hopefully someone will post some good news.

Apr 7, 2018 at 9:06 AM Post #2,400 of 16,107
Whether it’s coming this year or not is obviously the million dollar question. I would think that it would be coming this year since they have all the boards and whatnot. I guess the wildcard is the software development and certification. I actually am still holding out hope that we receive our orders sometime this summer. If I remember correctly they are offering 15% off an order at CanJam this weekend, surely they would have to give someone who is pondering an order this weekend some sort of at least vague shipping estimate I would think. I don’t know, maybe I’m wrong or still too over optimistic given the delays we’ve seen so far. Hopefully we get a bit of a clearer sense of a roadmap from CanJam though.
lf they didn't even have circuit boards last year, why were they sending out "balance due" notifications, when they knew damned well they were nowhere near a ship date. A definite and egregious violation of their own preorder agreement. And if they didn't have the boards, what were they running their programs on during all the demos they conducted at audio shows worldwide over the last two years? I think it would be hiarious to find out the "demo machine" is nothing more than an i5 windows box running their Linux software

Users who are viewing this thread

Back