Smyth Research Realiser A16
Apr 23, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #11,521 of 16,011
I have the A16 for sale
Will come with a SD card with atmos movie theatre 24 channel "cinema" captures, it also comes with studio captures made with Litlgi in a wonderful New Jersey Studio, and they are Incredible prirs. Pm for details. I'm currently the only person who currently has these captures... especially the small - med Format Dolby Atmos Movie Theatre captures.

The captures are in a 70, or 75ft by 80ft 39 channel movie theatre! Each speaker was captured individually. About a 45 or 50ft high ceiling

I spent 450$ for the Atmos cinema 24 channel captures plus $ with airfare for the New Jersey Studio captures with reference speakers.

I will come back to the Realiser in the future, but for right now I must focus on other things... and enjoying the Realiser So Much has been a genuine Time Sink!

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2021 at 8:29 AM Post #11,525 of 16,011
I'm preorder 89. Does anyone know where we are in the list? What was recently released?

Apr 25, 2021 at 12:56 PM Post #11,527 of 16,011
I captured the apeakers in series of 4 to 8 speakers at a time.. I meant that each speaker was individually captured by measuring each and creating individual prirs in series of 4 to 8 per series of PRIR sweeps, and 30 degree look angles
So how does that PRIR of that huge theater sound over headphones when you are watching a much smaller video image in a much smaller room? Is it convincing or disorienting?

Apr 25, 2021 at 11:52 PM Post #11,529 of 16,011
It is awesome, and it is just like the theater 7 feet away from the 55" through the Stax 009S
And the reference speakers for the smaller room were LS 50 Metas?

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2021 at 3:55 AM Post #11,530 of 16,011
And the reference speakers for the smaller room were LS 50 Metas?
The speakers used in the recording studio during Andrew's visit were a combination by Paradigm.

Apr 29, 2021 at 11:12 AM Post #11,531 of 16,011
A few words from James following my umpteenth reminder :
..."We are going through a restocking, and because there are hardware changes (due to AKM factory burning down) the timeline to start restocking has been extended,
Once we have restocked we will start shipping KickStarter and Pre-orders right away. We have every intention in fulfilling the remaining backlog of orders and we'll make sure everyone including yourself will get their A16 unit.
Thanks again for your patience and support"...

Waiting is our motto:L3000:

PS : I already got mine but never mind

Apr 29, 2021 at 12:11 PM Post #11,532 of 16,011
..."We are going through a restocking, and because there are hardware changes (due to AKM factory burning down) the timeline to start restocking has been extended,
Once we have restocked we will start shipping KickStarter and Pre-orders right away. We have every intention in fulfilling the remaining backlog of orders and we'll make sure everyone including yourself will get their A16 unit.

The saga continues...

Apr 29, 2021 at 12:28 PM Post #11,534 of 16,011

Not to make any excuses for the delays but we can't hang the AKM fire on Smyth Research. In the worlds of electric guitar and overall pro audio, the AKM fire has been a major setback.

In the meantime, I would absolutely love to hear some good news on the Realiser Exchange and the release/availability of the many PRIRs made at various shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back