1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Smyth Research Realiser A16

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by jgazal, May 7, 2016.
First

Back
361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370
372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381
Next

Last
  1. SierraMadre
    That’s why I said a “degree of personalised HRTF”. Obviously that procedure would be limited to the transfer fuctioms between your ears and the headphones in question but that processing is then applied on top of the Atmos room or whatever you play.
    Hi, if I may ask, with respect to your out-of-the-box experience of the A8 (i.e. just using the default generic PRIR rather than one of your own) how well does it virtualise front / center channel depth out-of-your-head? How much farther out in front of you did they feel in comparison to pre-existing headphone virtual surround solutions you have tried?
    Thanks

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  2. Richter Di
    This is weird. Okay what is the sequence Smyth is using?

3. CaptainFunk
    Maybe they go alphabetically? :) I am not even sure they are aware of the backer numbers.

4. CanMad
  5. CaptainFunk
    I actually think it is fair to treat all Kickstarter purchases equally, just because someone backed early doesn't mean they are more important than someone who backed later in my opinion.

6. valleynomad
    In A16 this procedure is only for HPEQ, period. It has nothing to do with HRTF which requires a separate procedure without using the headphones.

7. CanMad
    I don't agree. It should be first in first served.

I set my alarm clock and got up in the middle of the night to get in as soon as it started. I knew the deal was so good I wanted to make sure I didn't miss out.

A backer is effectively a purchaser (I know there are differences) but the same principles should apply.

So by your reasoning, even though I was one of the first ten backers it will be fair if I have to wait 30 weeks to get my realiser?

Maestroso likes this.
  8. CaptainFunk
    But we all paid at the same time, when the project was funded. That's why I think everyone should be treated equally.

No need to discuss this further, I can understand your argument too, I was just looking for a reason why they are seemingly processing the Kickstarter orders randomly and this makes the most sense to me :)

9. Maestroso
    If I may ask what backer no are you? :wink:

CanMad likes this.
  10. CaptainFunk
    #25 :)

11. CanMad
    Given they are only shipping 10 - 20 a week it is impossible to treat every backer equally. Therefore there should be a system.

LajostheHun and Maestroso like this.
  12. Takeanidea
    Doing it in order number seems to me to be the only fair and logical way of doing the distribution. Kickstarter backers should be first - although they paid more - the risk was higher for them than using the pre order method. That being said, whether the order numbers have gone in order of when they were purchased and are a mix and match of KS and preorder, that would be fine for me, because that means I'd wait less time. But if I had to wait longer for the KS to be done first, I'd have no problem with that. Nothing else makes sense to me in terms of the order in which the product is sent out, particularly the speculation that selling cancelled orders for $4K will speed up delivery. The only thing that can be proven to do at this juncture is SLOWING DOWN delivery!

Maestroso likes this.
  13. Maestroso
    Ahhh ... You will be fine.
    No panic ... on the Titanic :).

Evshrug and Takeanidea like this.
  14. CanMad
    Get behind me then :dt880smile:

Takeanidea and Maestroso like this.
  15. Maestroso
    :beerchug:

First

Back