Smyth Research Realiser A16
Jan 11, 2017 at 12:23 AM Post #481 of 16,011
The opportunity to do nothing is a great treat :)
Definitely something I've begun to treasure among all the daily demands of life... keeps a body sane, lets off the stress.
Btw, forgive my surprise that chat can be a dealbreaker... I like hanging out with my long distance friends too, hopefully the various options put you more at ease. Hopefully the next console systems don't make chat even more difficult/proprietary again than this generation! Anyway, good luck have fun, fellow gamer!
:beerchug:

Jan 16, 2017 at 9:13 PM Post #482 of 16,011
The opportunity to do nothing is a great treat :)
Definitely something I've begun to treasure among all the daily demands of life... keeps a body sane, lets off the stress.
Btw, forgive my surprise that chat can be a dealbreaker... I like hanging out with my long distance friends too, hopefully the various options put you more at ease. Hopefully the next console systems don't make chat even more difficult/proprietary again than this generation! Anyway, good luck have fun, fellow gamer!

Jan 17, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #483 of 16,011
Funny story about Chat... last night I was streaming gameplay and headset testing on Twitch, and I got a crazy idea because I had a lot of gear lying around the headset I was using was terminated with separate mic and headphone plugs.

I was using a Creative X7 for game audio and Surround processing, but I plugged the microphone into a separate Creative G5. There were analog, optical, and USB cables everywhere! I had to connect the headphone-output to the back of my X7 so I could hear my party chat. I COULD have gone even more crazy and used the X7's Optical Out to connect my Mojo, even connect my Liquid Carbon after that... it would've sounded amazing :wink:, but I'm certain a rat would have nested behind my 4 boxes in my absurd setup!

Ended up just using the G5 and X7, still a bit absurd BUT my stream sounded GREAT!

If I had the Realiser, I would've just used a USB to 3.5mm headphone and 3.5mm mic dongle (which was what the G5 was serving as), and connect the headphone output to the Realiser and the Playstation's Optical to the Realiser too.

Jan 19, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #484 of 16,011
  I paid the $700 deposit and got a receipt from PayPal, but not heard anything from Smyth-Research. Anyone had different experience to mine?

I plunked down my own deposit on the last day of the early-adopter discount window (Dec 31st)--I received a thank-you note acknowledging the pre-order deposit on the 3rd of January and then some traffic about an appearance at NY CanJam sometime last week. Have you ever received any follow-up?

Jan 19, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #485 of 16,011
Did you guys submit your surveys yet?

I was glad to see they listened and are offering a black color as well.

I selected a black 2U :) Can't wait.

Jan 19, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #487 of 16,011
Did you guys submit your surveys yet?

I was glad to see they listened and are offering a black color as well.

I selected a black 2U :) Can't wait.

Ditto on the excitement though I've received no survey at all. Did you preorder through Kickstarter or direct on the Smyth site?

Jan 19, 2017 at 7:13 PM Post #489 of 16,011
Ditto on the excitement though I've received no survey at all. Did you preorder through Kickstarter or direct on the Smyth site?

I backed it on Kickstarter.

I did also receive the survey being a backer on kickstarter.

Yes, Kickstarter backers should have gotten the survey to select their options.

Jan 19, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #491 of 16,011

I'm also really excited. I also did not receive a survey. I did the preorder. I'm glad to know that I wasn't the only one that didn't get a survey. I'm assuming the preorder group will get them later. 

Jan 20, 2017 at 4:16 PM Post #492 of 16,011
I got my survey,ordered black 2u I was in the Kickstarter bunch.
Made a appointment at Canjam NYC in 2 weeks for a demo & backer measurements.

Jan 20, 2017 at 9:48 PM Post #494 of 16,011
Silver 2U for me.

Jan 20, 2017 at 10:36 PM Post #495 of 16,011
My heart wanted the unique headstand, but my brain won out and I chickened out and ordered a silver-plate U2 enclosure. I do think the headstand would be more cool, both figuratively and literally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back