Smyth Research Realiser A16
Oct 25, 2018 at 12:49 AM Post #3,946 of 16,108
I do not how many people still believe it, but I think the answer to the question of "when" is already implicit in the question, especially given that it is already October 24th, and there is total radio silence from SR regarding any consideration of shipping. I am not saying this with any sense of despondency, since I have long accepted and resigned myself to this eventuality, in a matter of fact kind of way...

Of course YMMV

Same here, I’m not even hoping for 2018 anymore but if it does still come this year all the better of course.
And if it doesn’t then it’ll come when the time is ripe and I’m sure it will have been worth the wait for what it offers me and the price I paid for it.

Oct 25, 2018 at 6:37 AM Post #3,947 of 16,108
mañana
noun

ma·ña·na | \mən-ˈyä-nə

\
Definition of mañana
(Entry 1 of 2)

: an indefinite time in the future

mañana

adverb
Definition of mañana (Entry 2 of 2)

: at an indefinite time in the future

First Known Use of mañana
Noun

1845, in the meaning defined above

Adverb

1918, in the meaning defined above

History and Etymology for mañana
Noun

Spanish, literally, tomorrow, from Vulgar Latin *maneana, from feminine of *maneanus early, from Latin mane early in the morning

giphy.gif

Oct 25, 2018 at 2:47 PM Post #3,948 of 16,108
Kewl to know. Always thought manana (as in mun-ya-na) meant 'tomorrow'. As that's how it was always used by those older than me when I was young.

Oct 25, 2018 at 6:45 PM Post #3,949 of 16,108
Kewl to know. Always thought manana (as in mun-ya-na) meant 'tomorrow'. As that's how it was always used by those older than me when I was young.[/QUOTE

]

Oct 25, 2018 at 6:52 PM Post #3,950 of 16,108
Hmmm, Soooo, is it mañana yet?

tenor.gif

tumblr_o3lwqswzGX1s1nxbto1_500.gif
ezgif.com-optimize%20%2854%29_0.gif

Oct 29, 2018 at 3:47 PM Post #3,952 of 16,108
If you are tired of waiting Mlkri or anyone else, I am interested in buying. I just found out about this project and really want in on it and I'm used to waiting. So message me if you want to sell me your spot.
Thank you, Fredstales, for your query, but we are not allowed to talk about selling and buying here.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2018 at 7:39 PM Post #3,955 of 16,108
A pair of excellent loudspeakers and a sequence of different body positions.
If you're good at Twister, you ought to be a natural for the HRTF game.

Oct 30, 2018 at 8:08 PM Post #3,956 of 16,108
I will be doing one measurement of my own 5.3.4 system. Good for Dolby ATMOS and DTS:X. Not too bothered about the other formats. I can actually run 7.3.4 but dont bother with the extra surrounds. The three subs are one standalone M&K plus the subs in my goldenear Triton one's are fed the same .1 signal so this only really counts as one channel.

I'm looking forward to hearing the rooms that the A16 ships with too.

Oct 30, 2018 at 9:21 PM Post #3,957 of 16,108
Ops. Maybe should have read the rules. I've sent you an email.

How are you all people planning on capturing your personal settings for each different setup, such as Atmos etc?
Thank God for CanJam NY 2017 and my PRIR of Smyth’s 7.1.4 setup. Of course, with one exception (R.E.M.’s AFTP), all of surround recordings are quad or 5.1.

Oct 31, 2018 at 6:06 AM Post #3,958 of 16,108
I will do with the 7.1.4 PRIR I made in Paris two years ago. The room acoustic was not extraordinary since it was a simple hotel room but the surround effects were good and the virtual replica was excellent (since I couldn’t tell headphones from the real setup). I may also customize a BRIR from a high-end with my own HTRF (if it’s not expensive to do) and see which sounds better, a real PRIR from a basic room or a customized BRIR from a high-end room.
Then I’ll try to search in my city a place where I could make a good capture (and advertise at the same time about the A16)
I may also try to add extra channels to my 7.1.4 PRIR to turn it into a 9.1.6...
There is gonna be a lot to play with !
Please, Smyth Research, make it happen as fast as possible ! :fingers_crossed::slight_smile:

Oct 31, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #3,959 of 16,108
How are you all people planning on capturing your personal settings for each different setup, such as Atmos etc?

He he, i don't worry about that, first to get my A16 in my hands.
Plus there are my measurements made by Smyth at CanJam London 2017, and few other already installed by default.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2018 at 9:24 PM Post #3,960 of 16,108

He he, i don't worry about that, first to get my A16 in my hands.
Plus there are my measurements made by Smyth at CanJam London 2017, and few other already installed by default.

LOL, no doubt. Personally though, I'll be using the moderately mid-range ($5000 in '97) Klipsch setup that I ended up having to give to my best friend (he only lives six blocks away, so not a super huge deal!) due to living in a place that doesn't allow me to really get much use out of it. His setup is by no means optimal though. It's in his ~20 x 25 basement, where we have it arranged around the left half, and the right half goes back slightly more to accomodate the washer and dryer and a few more shelves. It's only 5.1, but that pretty much takes care of the main layout, and doing 7.1 and Atmos won't really be much of an issue. This will just be the preliminary capture though, and unless I get a really good one, I'll probably find a room to rent for a better one not long after.

(I think I've asked similar questions before, but you know...the passage of years...)
The only thing I'm curious of is how the A16 handles Atmos if you've only recorded a 7.1 setup. Does it add its own virtual speakers to fill the gaps? And similarly, instead of having to record all of the speakers again for Atmos, will I be able to copy my original 7.1 capture and then just start recording the extra surrounds? I'm assuming the answer is "yes" to both, but who knows now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back