SMSL SP200 THX AAA 888 Balanced AMP!
Nov 24, 2019 at 3:01 AM Post #91 of 1,170
I like Pangaea, I've not explored anything nicer.

Here's my "cable" talk, if your have power issues in your home like mains noise, then yea cables may help. I had a problem in my apartment, PC keep crashing. I swapped out an old unknown power cable to Pangaea and bam problem solved. I had a few other unknown power cables from like amps and stuff with the same input but no avail.

So YMMV but try Pangaea, as listed in my review I did find that outside of my REF system and with only [stock cables and wall outlets] there was a lack of low end resolve and a sense of "blur" overall from what is likely mains hum or a 60Hz Hum. Again swapping into my REF System with all it's power conditioners, self powered USB Devices, and Pangaea cables I noticed better low frequency resolve and slam without the "blur"
Jesus how did you diagnose that PC issue to a power cable? Was it just dumb luck?

Nov 24, 2019 at 3:01 AM Post #92 of 1,170
I like Pangaea, I've not explored anything nicer.

Here's my "cable" talk, if your have power issues in your home like mains noise, then yea cables may help. I had a problem in my apartment, PC keep crashing. I swapped out an old unknown power cable to Pangaea and bam problem solved. I had a few other unknown power cables from like amps and stuff with the same input but no avail.

So YMMV but try Pangaea, as listed in my review I did find that outside of my REF system and with only [stock cables and wall outlets] there was a lack of low end resolve and a sense of "blur" overall from what is likely mains hum or a 60Hz Hum. Again swapping into my REF System with all it's power conditioners, self powered USB Devices, and Pangaea cables I noticed better low frequency resolve and slam without the "blur"

I'm also looking at Pangea Cables:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00V74T68A

For now I'm using a 1m 15A Monoprice cable going into a Monster HTS1600 power center. The Monoprice cable is very thick but I doubt it has much shielding. Not sure if I'd gain anything with the Pangea or if better to get the cheaper, standard AC-14 cable.

Nov 24, 2019 at 3:15 AM Post #93 of 1,170
Jesus how did you diagnose that PC issue to a power cable? Was it just dumb luck?

Kinda, I'd already disassembled the entire build. Cleaned everything, updated drivers, dug thru admin reports 2 see what else could b causing crashes, tested RAM, HDD GPU, checked 4 viruses mal ware ect...

everything checked out...

my next step was to start testing the PSU but b4 that I thought why not a new cable? It's cheaper than a new psu

All the cheaper OEMish ones didn't make a difference but Pangaea did so tada

I get their base model, usually on sale on Amazon. Like $30 per 6'

An again, I've found power issues are a case by case thing. There are some folks who don't have them some that do!

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #94 of 1,170

I was thinking the same thing. Was it a continuity test?

Shane D

Nov 24, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #95 of 1,170
I was thinking the same thing. Was it a continuity test?

Shane D

Kinda, I'd already disassembled the entire build. Cleaned everything, updated drivers, dug thru admin reports 2 see what else could b causing crashes, tested RAM, HDD GPU, checked 4 viruses mal ware ect...

my next step was to start testing the PSU but b4 that I thought why not a new cable? It's cheaper than a new psu

An again, I've found power issues are a case by case thing. There are some folks who don't have them some that do!

Nov 24, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #96 of 1,170

Have you done a continuity test, just for giggles, on the old one?

I used to sell fitness equipment and that always my last resort. If the cable harnesses checked out and motors checked out, maybe throw on a new power cord. It didn't often work, but sometimes...

Shane D

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #97 of 1,170
Have you done a continuity test, just for giggles?

I used to sell fitness equipment and that always my last resort. If the cable harnesses checked out and motors checked out, maybe throw on a new power cord. It didn't often work, but sometimes...

Shane D

On the PSU or old Cables no, if buying a cable didn't work that would have been my next step regarding the PSU

Nov 24, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #98 of 1,170
On the PSU or old Cables no, if buying a cable didn't work that would have been my next step regarding the PSU

I was thinking about the power cord. Since you know it is defective, how would a continuity test go?

No biggie, I was just curious.

Shane D

Nov 24, 2019 at 10:15 AM Post #99 of 1,170
I was thinking about the power cord. Since you know it is defective, how would a continuity test go?

No biggie, I was just curious.

Shane D

Couldn't say, old cables were recycled. Some one asked about power cables so I shared my experience about a more or less very accidental discovery.

Nov 24, 2019 at 2:18 PM Post #101 of 1,170
i’m also waiting for mine. What’s wrong with the power cord included with the amp??

Nothing! I noticed some mains noise in one of my satellite systems BUT every one's home is different, really an truly a new power cable is not needed

I'll say this, cables are the LAST thing to worry about with any product of even if your wanting to upgrade!

The amp is quite good, get it and enjoy it man! What headphones do you have?

Nov 24, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #102 of 1,170
Nothing! I noticed some mains noise in one of my satellite systems BUT every one's home is different, really an truly a new power cable is not needed

I'll say this, cables are the LAST thing to worry about with any product of even if your wanting to upgrade!

The amp is quite good, get it and enjoy it man! What headphones do you have?

I have HD800 , HD6xx and Elears.
HD800 and Elears I used through Sonarworks True fi .
Also LCD i3.

Nov 24, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #105 of 1,170
Current DAC is Modi3 , but Bifrost Multibit is arriving 24 hours after the amp so my plan is set them both together.
IFI Micro BL for moving around and actual amp ( other than the IFI) is Vali2 with an upgrade tube.

That sounds like an awesome system! Yea I wouldn't worry about the power cable. Just let us know what you think of it when ya get it! I also like Modi 3 as a Dac my self, did you get Bifrost 2 or the original BiFrost Multibit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back