SM3 Universal or.....?
Jan 20, 2012 at 5:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Ethereal Sound

500+ Head-Fier
So I was planning on upgrading from my RE-Zeros and I was considering the SM3 Earsonics because of what I've heard about them but the thing is, I live in a place where there's no dedicated headphone stores or anything of the sort so I have not heard any of the headphones I am considering. I am also considering the CK10s, UM3x, Westone 4's and the MDR-EX1000. If it matters, I am running on a cowon J3 with no amp and mostly listen to rock. All help and advice is appreciated!

Jan 21, 2012 at 2:18 AM Post #3 of 4
The SM3 have a very different sound sig than the Zero.  The CK10, W4, and EX1000 are the three best fits from your list with the EX1000 probably being the closest in sound.  Check out |joker|s review thread.

Jan 21, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #4 of 4
Well, the headphones I'm looking for are ones that have very good mids and highs as I don't care too much about the bass as long as it doesn't bleed into the higher ranges. The RE-Zeros are quite bass sufficient for me and I feel like if it was just a bit higher, that'd be fine. I'm just looking for a headphone that can get me very good voice and guitar reproduction. Of the headphones other than the sm3, which would say can do that as I've heard that the SM3's have "veiled" highs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back