Sleek Custom IEM arrives - with pics :)
Oct 22, 2008 at 1:21 PM Post #33 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by scytheavatar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am more interested in a comparison between this and the universal SA6s. Is there any improvements in sound quality?

I like my SA6 with bass+, treble++ ports. When ordering the customs, I asked why they didn't include an option for treble++ tuning and Jason told me the treble+ option on the customs was closer to the SA6's ++ port, so that's what I went with. I can confirm the difference, if there is any, between the custom and the SA6 is negligible at best. They sound the same to me. The added comfort of a custom fit and the difference in build quality makes the custom the better option. For anyone who doesn't find themselves swapping ports on their SA6 and has settled on an "audio fingerprint", the custom would be the next logical step.

Oct 22, 2008 at 5:22 PM Post #34 of 37
i dont get whats the biggie with a custom from sleek when all they have done is made a single driver custom IEM that has none of what makes the sa6 so good.

its just a single driver custom, and not only that but its by a company thats only just started developing in ear monitors, i mean i dont wanna offend those sa6 fans but if it was a choice between these and the universal id pick universal hands down because it looks like sleek is rushing into the custom game, and that game has some serious competition. not even shure has jumped into the custom boat yet

Oct 22, 2008 at 6:43 PM Post #35 of 37
Because it is a great single driver and competes very well with the SE530. With some music I easily prefer my Sa6 over the Sure's.

Also now you can have wireless customs, how many of the other custom makers have that to offer? To me Sleek is a little ahead of the game in some respects. And the wireless is said to have more bass without messing with the highs and mids, which to me sounds better then the Sure's. Im stoked about the possibilities.

To be fair there isnt much info on the wireless yet, just a couple accounts so far.

Oct 22, 2008 at 6:43 PM Post #36 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i dont get whats the biggie with a custom from sleek when all they have done is made a single driver custom IEM that has none of what makes the sa6 so good.

its just a single driver custom, and not only that but its by a company thats only just started developing in ear monitors, i mean i dont wanna offend those sa6 fans but if it was a choice between these and the universal id pick universal hands down because it looks like sleek is rushing into the custom game, and that game has some serious competition. not even shure has jumped into the custom boat yet

So the only thing that makes the SA6 good is the ability to swap ports? I would assume most people would eventually find what works best and leave it be, which would then make sense to go with the custom.

Seems you fallen for the # of drivers gimmick. The Sleeks rival all the 3 driver universals out there.

Nov 13, 2008 at 5:38 AM Post #37 of 37
For the past two weeks I've been debating spending over $100 on earphones - I've always been the type to get the cheap $20 sets.

Now I have an appointment with an Audiologist tomorrow to get some silicon ear impressions for these Sleek Customs!

I was looking at the Westone ES-1's last week (ES-2's are just way too much $$) and stumbled upon the Sleek Audio website. Then I found this thread along with another review of these customs here.

From what I've read it sounds like the SA6 is a better single driver earphone than the Westone UM-1; similarly, the Sleek Custom should be better than the Westone ES-1.

I'm still kind of worried about the Sleek Customs though (even though I made my decision). Couldn't the rotating cable cause problems with the port on the earpieces? Will I like the Bass and Treble I choose (thinking of + & + respectively).

Wish me luck.
confused_face.gif

P.S. If Jason looks in here again - Any plans on releasing a more durable cable in the future?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back