Sleek Custom IEM arrives - with pics :)
Jul 8, 2008 at 6:58 PM Post #16 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sasaki /img/forum/go_quote.gif

* Canal length can be selectable (short,middle,long):
I just took middle here.

Turn around time for me was very quick, they have manufactured it only in two or three days from they've got my impressions.

Hello Sasaki, I am a little confused by the two statements above. Do you have to send an earmold (impressions) to Sleek (like UE) and if so, it would seem the canal length would be specified by the mold? Could you please explain? Thanks.:.

Jul 8, 2008 at 7:04 PM Post #17 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rastek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello Sasaki, I am a little confused by the two statements above. Do you have to send an earmold (impressions) to Sleek (like UE) and if so, it would seem the canal length would be specified by the mold? Could you please explain? Thanks.:.

The length of the mold doesn't equate to the IEM canal length. The FreQShow, for instance, has a shorter canal length than the Ultimate Ears. Sleek gives you the option. I chose middle as well.

Jul 8, 2008 at 7:18 PM Post #19 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeAmEye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The length of the mold doesn't equate to the IEM canal length. The FreQShow, for instance, has a shorter canal length than the Ultimate Ears. Sleek gives you the option. I chose middle as well.

Thank you, EyeAmEye. I appreciate the fast response. Having never owned any custom IEM and never having earmolds done, this is a new area for me but now I understand. It sounds like Sleek has thought about everything once again as they did with the SA6 which I just received and love. Aloha.:.

Jul 8, 2008 at 7:21 PM Post #20 of 37
Not to hijack (just treat as a passing comment
wink.gif
), It'd be interesting if sleek move on now to develop a multi-driver IEM!

Jul 8, 2008 at 8:55 PM Post #21 of 37
We need a comparison to the livewires! Also what combination of ports would be the most balanced/transparent?

Jul 9, 2008 at 1:10 AM Post #22 of 37
Just for clarification, EyeAmEye does not really have a "FreQ Show" because he has the ML crossover with it. In terms of sound, it is exactly the same as the SuperFreQ.

I think the MM crossover is much better than the ML crossover. However, EyeAmEye has said that the Sleek custom sounds better than his ML FreQ Show in every way. It's possible that this may be better than the MM FreQ Show. We don't know yet.

What is clear is that the Sleek custom is most likely better than the SuperFreQs or ML FreQ Shows.

Jul 9, 2008 at 1:33 AM Post #25 of 37
hello all, thank you for the comments.
Sorry the response being delay, here is a time difference..

Anyway, seems like EyeAmEye has already answered but I confirm.

Rastek> Do you have to send an earmold (impressions) to Sleek (like UE)

Yes, I used the same direction to UE when I took the impression. Jason confirmed this.
The procedure for sending the impression was almost same to UE.

Rastek> if so, it would seem the canal length would be specified by the mold?

Sorry it was not clear. The canal length means the bulge length of the sound port. It's not my own canal length.

Jul 9, 2008 at 1:52 AM Post #26 of 37
If you feel the UE11 bass bloated even after the custom molds, and feel the Sleeks good, it seems that I was not so far from the reality while I stated my impressions of the universal fit UE11's I tried at CanJam. It seems that the customization do very little to remove what is wrong on the universal fits, and overall with them: the overwhelming bass...good to know...

Now I have both the Sleeks (universal fit) and the FREQ with ML xover, I do not feel they Sleeks are any better, just a different taste and sound, brighter yes, but they are not as full sounding...so each IMO has its stenghs and flaws...

Time to give Jason a shout to see how much will charge me for customize mine...LOL...

Jul 9, 2008 at 4:40 AM Post #27 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sasaki /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hello all, thank you for the comments.
Sorry the response being delay, here is a time difference..

Anyway, seems like EyeAmEye has already answered but I confirm.

Rastek> Do you have to send an earmold (impressions) to Sleek (like UE)

Yes, I used the same direction to UE when I took the impression. Jason confirmed this.
The procedure for sending the impression was almost same to UE.

Rastek> if so, it would seem the canal length would be specified by the mold?

Sorry it was not clear. The canal length means the bulge length of the sound port. It's not my own canal length.

Thanks Sasaki and again thanks to EyeAmEye. Sasaki, I see Tokyo weather is very warm these days. Enjoy.:.

Jul 9, 2008 at 8:00 AM Post #28 of 37
Sovkiller, are you saying you didn't get the typical cross-over for Freq Show (Music Maker) but instead got the cross-over from the SuperFreq (Music Lovers)? I did not know that.

Oct 8, 2008 at 5:23 PM Post #29 of 37
Sorry if this sounded like I interrupted the thread.

Can someone do a comparison between this and the cheap triple driver alien custom from hearyourself.com . Your comparisons are very much appreiciated.

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back