Sleek Audio SA7 Impressions, and Discussion Thread!
Jul 19, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #181 of 185
This is probably the slowest moving thread ever for a new-ish IEM. Lol

Sleek's team has really been asleep for a few years

I have seen one sa7 listed in the FS forums. Very interesting. Seeing as I've just lost my sm64....

I just might... But... Sleek...

Jul 20, 2014 at 1:49 AM Post #182 of 185
After winning my free pair, I haven't touched them since trying them out once. I guess I'm too occupied with my CIEMs to bother with the SA7. Also, I think the sound signature is the complete polar opposite of my preference. I'll still keep them for comparison, but I find it hard to grab the SA7 over my CIEMs haha.

Jul 20, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #183 of 185
Sleek have moved their production to the U.S. and have gotten a new improved cable made. The time it took was during a very rapid time of change improvement in the market. Dual armature as a flagship doesn't seem to fly anymore. If it did Phonak would still be making earphones and we would hear more about the SA7.

Also, my issue was the tuning. Tuning ability should allow more tastes to be covered but the SA7 was too warm that it was always warm regardless of the configuration. The best scenario would be to closer neutral for  =, = configuration. Slightly warm and you can go warmer or closer to reference. The SA7 was colored and allowed more or less of the coloration which made me sell mine and Planx not listen to them anymore etc. Most people being able to tune to their liking wasn't going to happen. You had to like the signature and you could tweak to source a bit.

Jul 22, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #185 of 185
Wonder how good will they perform vs Phonak 232

Had the PFE232 for an extensive time, but sold it long before getting the SA7. From memories, I prefer the PFE232 by a country mile. The bass was deeper, cleaner, and surprisingly sounded very dynamic rather than BA. Can't comment on the mids too much as my memory is fuzzy, but I remember the upper-mids having heaps of energy so many female vocals sounded phenomenal on the PFE232. Treble was much more tamed with the PFE232, but both had bright characteristics, just a matter of the PFE232 having more bearable treble. Nevertheless, I found the treble with the PFE232 to be one of the strong suits as it sounded so damn crisp.

Both cables are rubbish, with the PFE232 being slightly better in terms of durability, feel, and function (iphone mic/controller). Also, you got 2 cables for free with the PFE. PFE cables were way too short for my tastes, luckily the stock cable on the SA7 is long enough.

For fit and comfort, the two are in different realms. The PFE232 is one of the most comfortable IEMs i've used to date, especially with the hard-to-fit-but-rewarding earguide on the PFE232.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back