Sleek Audio SA7 and SA6R (update: SlashGear Prototype Preview)
Apr 10, 2010 at 11:21 AM Post #31 of 157
Quote:

Originally Posted by semisight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Carbon fiber is light, as is aluminum. They shouldn't be too weighty. ...

Thank you for the clarification, although I’m very familiar with both materials growing up around the marine and surfing industry. My comment was pure speculation in relation to their existing sa5 plastic housing which also appears to be smaller. As one who has used iem’s on the go for years, I believe the slightest amount of weight can be a negative impact during active use. Sure it helps to wear the cable over the ears, but if you skate, bike or other active sports the slightest added weight might be enough to keep them in secure, no matter how great the seal. Although I would assume that Jason Krywko would have thought of this in their new design, which I’ve seen overlooked by other manufactures.

Apr 10, 2010 at 4:00 PM Post #32 of 157
Wow these look very nice. Seems to be somewhat convenient that I'm selling my Triple.Fi 10s and Archos 5 to make some money. When do these come out? And if they're good I'd definitely think about picking some up.

Apr 10, 2010 at 4:32 PM Post #33 of 157
Erm, did anyone forgot the $2,100 usd universal iem ??
kekeke

Apr 12, 2010 at 11:58 AM Post #36 of 157
Phew! Another tastefully used carbon fiber design (borderline, but still good in my book). Let's see how those drivers are, I'm looking for detail and intimacy (even if the sound can be tuned, swapping parts can't give details the driver can't produce).

Apr 12, 2010 at 12:40 PM Post #37 of 157
the sa6 is known for their clarity and balanced sound, my only grudge is it would be better if there is more bass =X

wonder if this is fix with the usage of 2 drivers.. 1 for lows 1 for mids/highs ?
biggrin.gif

Apr 13, 2010 at 3:13 AM Post #40 of 157
The SA6 were not too good in terms of build quality and sound. The SA7 looks like at least fixes the former but the latter is also needed if Sleek wants a future.

Apr 13, 2010 at 3:14 AM Post #41 of 157
Quote:

Originally Posted by schneller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The SA6 were not too good in terms of build quality and sound. The SA7 looks like at least fixes the former but the latter is also needed if Sleek wants a future.

can i ask what you didn't like about the sound? I find them to be delightful! different strokes for different folks i guess

Apr 13, 2010 at 4:16 AM Post #43 of 157
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The SA6 are very good indeed. But their build quality was lacking surely.

Agree on both accounts. In fact if Sleek Audio ever made SA6 using SA7 basic design and a simple metal housing for a future reversion, I won't mind picking it up again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back