Sleek Audio SA7 and SA6R (update: SlashGear Prototype Preview)
Jan 7, 2011 at 7:18 PM Post #107 of 157
I haven't heard anything more on them yet. I blame fiddy
mad.gif
!

Jan 28, 2011 at 9:57 PM Post #109 of 157
I got a chance to thumb these at CES or NAMM (can't remember which) and they are nice. The SA6 has had horrible workmaship now, to the point that I didn't even want to review it. The new one is strong and thought out well - really well. I think Sleek Audio have finally nailed a near-perfect earphone in the SA6R and the SA7.

Sound is great, too!

Finally is all I can thiink!

Mar 9, 2011 at 8:41 AM Post #113 of 157
Sorry for getting this late. I can say for sure that if you like the Westone 4, you'll love the SA7. It is clean, especially in the higher midrange (but we expected that from Sleek, anyway), and has a very nice low end. The SA6 always sounded a bit stressed in the low end when using + adapters. The SA7 is very natural, very detailed. 

I don't want to say that it is the runaway best dual I've heard as that would hurt my CK10's feeling, but it is excellently engineered to be neutral, tight, and fast. I'm sure I'll listen to one at greater length, but the five or so minutes I spent with it were very very pleasing. I think my favourite part is that no matter the music, the housing (quite sturdy), exhibits next to NO influence on the sound, a feat that is nigh impossible for most earphones.

The SA6R is... what I hoped the SA6 would be. Solid, well-fastened, and still the same great sound. I think + bass isn't the best choice, but overall, the new SA6R is built beyond its price category and sounds very nice. 

Killer combo IMO.

SA7 is a real win for Sleek.

Quote:
shigzeo, could you describe the sound sig of the SA 7?

Mar 9, 2011 at 8:57 AM Post #114 of 157
Mar 9, 2011 at 2:06 PM Post #117 of 157
Hope the build is up to par now. I am very interested in these, very, but I also get turned-off by the price-tag considering it's only a dual-driver. I like the materials used though and it's acoustic properties will probably come into-play, not to mention I can also interchange these with the HJE900s as they use the same detachable cables. 

Mar 22, 2011 at 8:13 AM Post #119 of 157
Mar 22, 2011 at 9:15 AM Post #120 of 157

Quote:
SA7 is a real win for Sleek.

Now that customs haven't worked out for me I'll be tempted to try these as I was always a fan of the SA6 and Jason/Sleek were always a pleasure to deal with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back