Sleek Audio SA7 and SA6R (update: SlashGear Prototype Preview)
Dec 29, 2011 at 1:21 AM Post #137 of 157
This will be my first quarter (hopefully) New Year purchase.  $399, Made in USA, and dual drivers.  Don't mean to derail, but this is the price that the Phonak PF232 should have been set at and if it was, I would've owned it.  

Dec 29, 2011 at 4:35 AM Post #140 of 157

Quote:
Hmmm. The website says it will be ready in early 2012

Yeah, except it used to say 'available soon' at the beginning, then it became 'early 2011' a year ago, followed by 'summer 2011', and  'To be release soon'. At this point, it could either be early 2012 or doomsday, which ever comes first.

Dec 29, 2011 at 6:52 AM Post #141 of 157

Quote:
Yeah, except it used to say 'available soon' at the beginning, then it became 'early 2011' a year ago, followed by 'summer 2011', and  'To be release soon'. At this point, it could either be early 2012 or doomsday, which ever comes first.

Now this really says something about the company's trustworthiness. Frankly this makes me think twice before even considering any of their other products

Quote:
(a little off topic, but) I laughed hard at your avatar, Leynar

It's a success then!

Dec 29, 2011 at 8:03 AM Post #142 of 157

Quote:
Now this really says something about the company's trustworthiness. Frankly this makes me think twice before even considering any of their other products

I won't go as far as saying they are no trustworthy, but obviously their R&D ability is dragging the company behind. With IEM market practically advances a step forward (new product release, lowering in general price line) every 6 months - SA7, which supposed to be a step ahead of the competition, now looks like it is a step behind. By the time of it released (if on time), it would have been 2 steps behind already. It will be a lot harder to proof itself before customer will buy one. Time is going against Sleek Audio on this.

Dec 29, 2011 at 9:18 AM Post #143 of 157

Quote:
I won't go as far as saying they are no trustworthy, but obviously their R&D ability is dragging the company behind. With IEM market practically advances a step forward (new product release, lowering in general price line) every 6 months - SA7, which supposed to be a step ahead of the competition, now looks like it is a step behind. By the time of it released (if on time), it would have been 2 steps behind already. It will be a lot harder to proof itself before customer will buy one. Time is going against Sleek Audio on this.

Yeah, especially when the previously mentioned price point is at or exceeding the price of the current top of the line 3 and 4 driver universals.

Jan 2, 2012 at 11:28 AM Post #144 of 157
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to take a moment to reassure everyone that we are definitely going to be releasing the SA6-Rs and the SA7s soon. Bringing manufacturing back to the United States had a few unforeseen set backs. But we are still working very hard to get a release date announced and hopefully will be announcing one within the next couple months.

We still have our SA7 email list in place that everyone can sign up for by sending an email to info@sleek-audio.com with the subject of "SA7 Interest". Customers on the email list will be receiving special discount codes, promotional deals, and the chance to preorder the SA6 and SA7 once we are ready to.

Jan 2, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #145 of 157

Quote:
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to take a moment to reassure everyone that we are definitely going to be releasing the SA6-Rs and the SA7s soon. Bringing manufacturing back to the United States had a few unforeseen set backs. But we are still working very hard to get a release date announced and hopefully will be announcing one within the next couple months.

We still have our SA7 email list in place that everyone can sign up for by sending an email to info@sleek-audio.com with the subject of "SA7 Interest". Customers on the email list will be receiving special discount codes, promotional deals, and the chance to preorder the SA6 and SA7 once we are ready to.

That's great to hear. Kinda like the carbon fiber design alot

Jan 2, 2012 at 12:20 PM Post #146 of 157
Jan 2, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #147 of 157
Quote:
Glad to know SA is still fully committed to the SA6R and SA7 projects.

Agreed, but I also think you were right on the money in your previous post:

Quote:
With IEM market practically advances a step forward (new product release, lowering in general price line) every 6 months - SA7, which supposed to be a step ahead of the competition, now looks like it is a step behind. By the time of it released (if on time), it would have been 2 steps behind already. It will be a lot harder to proof itself before customer will buy one. Time is going against Sleek Audio on this.

Jan 2, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #148 of 157
Although I do see ClieOS opinion on Sleek being 2 steps behind, I guess I fail to see the correlation with IEM advancement.  I mean BA technology is just reworked old hearing aid technology and dynamics are what they are.  Sure, you can tweak the sound to make the sound specific, but I don't see that as advancement.  Sure, you can add exotic materials like carbon fiber, titanium .etc, but in the end, it just an IEM that will sound like the way it's manufactured to be.  Other than Phonak, I believe Sleek is the only one with changeable filters, but Sleek also has the wireless technology at a fairly consume level price.  If anything, when Sleek came out, they were ahead of the game.  Fast forward now, sure you have more drivers, but like Phonak with the PFE232, it chose two, but very unlike Phonak, it appears that Sleek wisely priced it within respectable range.  From what I read about the PFE232, with its dual driver it appears to be proof that you don't need more drivers for really good sound.  Also, like other IEM names in the playing field, Sleek does have its own line of custom IEM. 

Jan 2, 2012 at 8:14 PM Post #149 of 157
I agree, there really hasn't been that big of an advancement in tech, there's just more flavors to chose from now. Sleek just seems to take so long because of so many changes in their approach for these.

Jan 2, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #150 of 157
@alphaphoenix: The AKG K3k3s (Fancy way of saying K3003s) have a filter system as well. 

As for being behind the game, we won't know until we actually hear the IEMs.  Who knows, they can be working on turning while they were on their little break, updating innards, even design. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back