Sleek Audio SA7 and SA6R (update: SlashGear Prototype Preview)
Nov 11, 2010 at 12:43 PM Post #92 of 157

Quote:
Drool....

Man I liked the SA6. The 7 looks amazing. Dual armature...mmm. I may need to buy demo (buy then sell, lol) these in the near future.

...now if only Phonak Audio followed suit.

Phonak is coming out with a Multi Armature Earphone in the spring of 2011.

Nov 26, 2010 at 1:46 PM Post #93 of 157
Been waiting for these since I first saw them, design is lush and as long as it can have about the same bass as the SF5 Pros with better quality bass and better overall, i'll definitely be picking these up..

Nov 26, 2010 at 2:53 PM Post #94 of 157
SA7 looks beautiful! What a unique and classy design.
biggrin.gif
I thought the SA6 was already close to top tier universals in sound quality, so I am pretty sure that the SA7 will be right up there with the best.

Dec 15, 2010 at 11:21 PM Post #97 of 157
Any release date on these yet, or should I wait for my pre-order of Duke Nukem Forever to arrive first?

I talk to a guy @ SA a while ago. They are still working on the SA7 and SA6R, moving the whole production line from China back to U.S. in order to manufacture all the critical parts closer to home. It is not the easiest job on setting up a new factory, so it is not going to get done overnight. In the meantime, they have decided not to release any more update until they can have a firm release date.

Dec 16, 2010 at 9:24 AM Post #98 of 157
I wasn't aware of the production line move.  That certainly is a big undertaking for any business regardless of the size of the facility or the product.

At the risk of sound xenophobic, I am glad to hear that an American company has made a production move back to the US. 

Thanks for the insight ClieOS.

Dec 16, 2010 at 3:56 PM Post #99 of 157
Last I heard, mention of the working with the carbon fiber being a bit of a challenge. So, it seemed the CT7 could be had first. A decent discount and the potential of having them for Christmas(provided you had your impressions in by Dec. 10th the latest). Still waiting for the SA7 but it is close. I would say keep it on the list of things to spend the Christmas $$$ money on.

Dec 16, 2010 at 4:14 PM Post #100 of 157
I think the SA7 is on my Post-Christmas list.  I had been looking into the Westone 3's for a while and I was trying to convince myself that the permanent cables were OK with me.  After a great deal of thought I've come to the conclusion that if I'm going to spend $400 on headphones, I really want detachable cables.  I'm hoping that with the customizable bass+ ports and dual drivers the SA7s will offer a natural (non-linear) sound at least somewhat similar to the W3's - which is what attracted me to them the most.

Dec 17, 2010 at 9:01 PM Post #101 of 157

Quote:
I think the SA7 is on my Post-Christmas list.  I had been looking into the Westone 3's for a while and I was trying to convince myself that the permanent cables were OK with me.  After a great deal of thought I've come to the conclusion that if I'm going to spend $400 on headphones, I really want detachable cables.  I'm hoping that with the customizable bass+ ports and dual drivers the SA7s will offer a natural (non-linear) sound at least somewhat similar to the W3's - which is what attracted me to them the most.

If it is as good as UE's TF 10, I'll get it.

I just hope it's more durable.. The TF 10's are not.

Dec 18, 2010 at 5:02 AM Post #105 of 157

Users who are viewing this thread

Back