Skullcandy goes high end?
Apr 23, 2007 at 9:27 PM Post #31 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioCats /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Still, some Senn's are not that good sounding these days.

Huhu, I hope you have your flame suit on.

smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 23, 2007 at 9:36 PM Post #32 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioCats /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have anyone actually listened to this particular model yet??
cool.gif

I don't know how they sound, but are we all sure it will sound worse than the $150 Boss Triport?
eek.gif

Say if they actually sound slightly better than the $150 triports, then at least the SkullCandys look better, well, than the Triport that is......

SkullCandies are overpriced yes, but they do have distinctive styles which appeal to some buyers, hence the price.....
blink.gif
Plus $150 is the MSRP, normally nobody sells at the MSRP price....So the store is actually the one that is jacking the prices up.

Once upon a time, the Senn brand meant nothing highend. Then they got better. Still, some Senn's are not that good sounding these days. Give the Candies some time and see if they will actually get better
wink.gif

What's in a name? Sennheiser, much like "Porsche" or "Ferrari" is a family name. It has dignity.

"Skullcandy," sounds like some kind of chocolate bar for the goth crowd.

Apr 23, 2007 at 9:52 PM Post #34 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deiz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Skullcandy," sounds like some kind of chocolate bar for the goth crowd.

LOL! Thanks, I needed a good laugh today. That might be going in my sig now.

If Skullcandy headphones are so popular, why have I never seen them outside of the internet? Heck, I never heard of them before I found head-fi.

Apr 23, 2007 at 9:57 PM Post #35 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deiz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Eh, but the RP-HT970 is meant for "home theater," usage. The Skullcandy is meant for "pro DJs," who evidently like to lay down phat beats up to 12.8 feet away from their output. That's talent, right there. Mixing via telekinesis.

DJs who use Skullcandy can do supernatural things.

Funniest thing I have read all day!
tongue.gif

Apr 23, 2007 at 10:03 PM Post #37 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by mwallace573 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If Skullcandy headphones are so popular, why have I never seen them outside of the internet? Heck, I never heard of them before I found head-fi.

They are still fairly new. However I have seen one person so far with them on. Also, I went to staples looking for a Sony MDR V150 and I asked one of the guys there where they put all their headphones. I went over to the shelf and the only brand they had was, you guessed it, SkullCandy. They had Bose on the other side of the store
rolleyes.gif

Apr 24, 2007 at 1:30 AM Post #40 of 79
Since we are on this topic:

[size=large]Anyone want to sky dive with a pair of SkullCandy's SkullCrusher?[/size]

[size=xx-small]
*Skull-Crushing Guarantee when used w/o a parachute.
[/size]

Apr 24, 2007 at 1:55 AM Post #41 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by mwallace573 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Unfortunately they are all the rage at my school, and even a few industrial design majors sport them, the ultimate tell tale of a designer that considers form more important than function...
makes me sick.

Apr 24, 2007 at 1:58 AM Post #42 of 79
Well, its pretty easy to see why people like them so much. They combined the two things americans like most in a single product, dead things and candy.

Apr 24, 2007 at 2:02 AM Post #43 of 79
There's two kids at my school who have skullcandys. I should let them hear my ms-1 some day so they can get their head on straight.

also one of them is one of those people that think it's cool to wear their headphones around the neck and turn the music up real loud so they can listen to it w/o wearing their headphones over the head.

also there's a new trend at my school with the ibuds. most everyone now has the slider thing up to the top so both buds are together, and then they just wear them like that (with only one in their ear). looks almost cult like with so many people doing it.

Apr 24, 2007 at 2:10 AM Post #44 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
also one of them is one of those people that think it's cool to wear their headphones around the neck and turn the music up real loud so they can listen to it w/o wearing their headphones over the head.

also there's a new trend at my school with the ibuds. most everyone now has the slider thing up to the top so both buds are together, and then they just wear them like that (with only one in their ear). looks almost cult like with so many people doing it.

Wow, people are dumb...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back