Skullcandy goes high end?
Apr 23, 2007 at 5:27 PM Post #17 of 79
whew... good thing i didnt go for those denons. FINALLY, skullcandy comes out with REAL style and the studio quality sound I need.

Apr 23, 2007 at 5:52 PM Post #18 of 79
Oh boy oh boy I better trade in my RS-1s for these suckers!

Apr 23, 2007 at 6:00 PM Post #19 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by werdwerdus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
longest... cable... ever

3.92m !

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try RP-HT970: 5m cable.

Anyway, the so called SkullCandy's high-end is still likely to sound as bad as everything they made so far...

Eh, but the RP-HT970 is meant for "home theater," usage. The Skullcandy is meant for "pro DJs," who evidently like to lay down phat beats up to 12.8 feet away from their output. That's talent, right there. Mixing via telekinesis.

DJs who use Skullcandy can do supernatural things.

Apr 23, 2007 at 6:05 PM Post #20 of 79
I was going to save up for MS1's, but I better get these instead!

Apr 23, 2007 at 6:10 PM Post #22 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deiz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Eh, but the RP-HT970 is meant for "home theater," usage. The Skullcandy is meant for "pro DJs," who evidently like to lay down phat beats up to 12.8 feet away from their output. That's talent, right there. Mixing via telekinesis.

DJs who use Skullcandy can do supernatural things.

No, its just that the DJs who use Skullcandy have to stand 12 feet away from all the expensive equipment and let the pros do the work.
wink.gif

Apr 23, 2007 at 6:13 PM Post #23 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deiz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Skullcandy is meant for "pro DJs," who evidently like to lay down phat beats up to 12.8 feet away from their output. That's talent, right there.

Funniest thing I've seen written on the internet in a long while.

Apr 23, 2007 at 6:53 PM Post #24 of 79
this is for ppl who wants more style rather than better sonically..i guess..

Apr 23, 2007 at 6:59 PM Post #25 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by kamal007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this is for ppl who wants more style rather than better sonically..i guess..

But... they look like ****.

Apr 23, 2007 at 7:39 PM Post #29 of 79
What's really amazing is they've somehow managed to crack the "Tri-axial earcup rotation" barrier. Astounding.

Apr 23, 2007 at 9:25 PM Post #30 of 79
Have anyone actually listened to this particular model yet??
cool.gif

I don't know how they sound, but are we all sure it will sound worse than the $150 Boss Triport?
eek.gif

Say if they actually sound slightly better than the $150 triports, then at least the SkullCandys look better, well, than the Triport that is......

SkullCandies are overpriced yes, but they do have distinctive styles which appeal to some buyers, hence the price.....
blink.gif
Plus $150 is the MSRP, normally nobody sells at the MSRP price....So the store is actually the one that is jacking the prices up.

Once upon a time, the Senn brand meant nothing highend. Then they got better. Still, some Senn's are not that good sounding these days. Give the Candies some time and see if they will actually get better
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back