Skullcandy goes high end?
Apr 25, 2007 at 4:24 AM Post #62 of 79
Highs: LIQUID LIKE WATER
Mids: AURAL BUTTER
Lows: CAN WAKE THE DEAD. Also handy in a pinch for vibration-based massages and can substitute as an automated external defibrillator in short bursts of bass-heavy music. Speedcore is suggested.

Hmm. Water + butter + dead things = only HALF of the Skullcandy name. I DEMAND REFUNDS AND MASS SMASHINGS.

Apr 25, 2007 at 4:28 AM Post #63 of 79
I swear, I see at least 4-7 skullcandies every day when I'm going around campus, I can't believe they are doing that well. I think its probably because our main campus bookstore's headphone section is nearly all skullcandies, ugg.

Apr 25, 2007 at 4:31 AM Post #64 of 79
Skullcandy probably sells their phones to resellers for very cheap, advertises the hell out of them to increase profit margins for resellers and continues to gain more and more marketshare.

Apr 25, 2007 at 5:37 AM Post #65 of 79
http://cgi.ebay.com/Skullcandy-Heads...QQcmdZViewItem

The price here is quite a bit cheaper, at $75 before ship. The store is in Orem UT, if anyone lives nearby maybe he/she can test a pair and write a review?

comparing to the Senn eh-250, HD-212 (both closed design, $60), or AKG k81DJ (closed, $70), how do these pieces of cr*p SkullCandy sound? I want to know......
blink.gif

Apr 25, 2007 at 5:59 AM Post #66 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by ichiboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I swear, I see at least 4-7 skullcandies every day when I'm going around campus, I can't believe they are doing that well. I think its probably because our main campus bookstore's headphone section is nearly all skullcandies, ugg.

Ehh...can't squash fire marketing.
plainface.gif

I mean if you are really going to put cheap headphones on stock, at least get some from Sennheiser, Koss, or Philips that actually sound halfway decent.
rolleyes.gif

Apr 25, 2007 at 6:07 AM Post #67 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by ichiboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Same at my university's bookstore... oddly enough, however, a Skullcandy sighting on campus is pretty rare.

Apr 25, 2007 at 6:34 AM Post #68 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Debaser86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Same at my university's bookstore... oddly enough, however, a Skullcandy sighting on campus is pretty rare.

I guess people here in davis aren't as smart :p.

Apr 25, 2007 at 7:07 AM Post #69 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Debaser86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

x3, but I see alot of them, and this is in Boulder. They sell a few other 'phones, but nothing of note, other than V-Modas.

Jan 24, 2011 at 10:08 PM Post #71 of 79
i will listen to theese for atleast 100 hours and write a full review if someone volunteers to buy them and ship them to me. and that is my word.

Jan 24, 2011 at 10:12 PM Post #72 of 79

Quote:
i will listen to theese for atleast 100 hours and write a full review if someone volunteers to buy them and ship them to me. and that is my word.

and here comes bestbuy's 30 day return policy...

Jan 24, 2011 at 11:11 PM Post #74 of 79

Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deiz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Skullcandy," sounds like some kind of chocolate bar for the goth crowd.

LOL! Thanks, I needed a good laugh today. That might be going in my sig now.

If Skullcandy headphones are so popular, why have I never seen them outside of the internet? Heck, I never heard of them before I found head-fi.

they're mainly targeted towards the huge teenager market...possibly preteen, but mainly teenagers

Jan 25, 2011 at 12:21 AM Post #75 of 79

Quote:
"... offer unmatched perfection in music reproduction." Can't argue with that, it's right there in the description! Plus, you can display your love for the number 14, which (as we all know) holds a special meaning to audiophiles. Or perhaps it's the 14th worst-sounding headphone in existence. The world may never know...

It's the age of the target audience.
I think the fact that the logo is inside the headphones says a lot about the people who will wear them, and how they will be worn...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back