Skullcandy Aviator
Aug 14, 2010 at 5:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

bassballboy

New Head-Fier
I know I'm going to get flamed for this but oh well.

Anyone listened to these yet?  I'm curious how they are, I listen to mostly rap and want something bassy and clear.

Aug 14, 2010 at 5:32 PM Post #2 of 20
popcorn.gif
I'm ready for this show!

Aug 14, 2010 at 7:11 PM Post #6 of 20
They may be Skullcandy's, but I'm still interested in seeing how good they are. I'm not big on assuming something is crap just because of the brand, and anyone who is a fan of headphones should have the same thought.

Aug 14, 2010 at 7:33 PM Post #8 of 20
Quote:
they have a 20-22 frequency range meaning they will have some pretty bloated and awful bass that isnt at all responsive.  Avoid them at all costs.

The specs that manufacturers give you don't really matter. In fact, I believe that some of them lie/exaggerate on the FR of their  headphones.

The head direct RE0 has the same FR specs as this headphone, but that does not mean that they are on the same level
(oh heavens, no).

If you want to know how a headphone sounds, measure them to get a proper FR graph.

Remember though, specs on paper don't tell the whole story.

Aug 14, 2010 at 7:39 PM Post #9 of 20

Quote:
if looks were the only thing i was concerned with, i'd probably get a pair of these. 
wink.gif

Why did they put the cups on upside down?  Or do you listen to them upside down?

Aug 14, 2010 at 7:40 PM Post #10 of 20
inb4 "just buy portapros"

popcorn.gif

Aug 14, 2010 at 7:44 PM Post #11 of 20
Aug 14, 2010 at 9:19 PM Post #12 of 20

Quote:
They may be Skullcandy's, but I'm still interested in seeing how good they are. I'm not big on assuming something is crap just because of the brand, and anyone who is a fan of headphones should have the same thought.

Bingo.  They may be decent, never know.  Also skullcandy tends to  run huge sales too, might be able to grab a pair on the cheap..

This all depends on them being a decent set of cans.

Aug 15, 2010 at 1:59 AM Post #13 of 20
I must admit.. those look absolutely stunning. Might pick some up next time I'm in an airport. 
tongue.gif

Aug 15, 2010 at 2:56 AM Post #15 of 20

Quote:
Yeah, even if they sound like crap, those look like some good material for fosterphone enclusore (though the price is a little high...)

Don't think I hadn't thought about that.  Foscandy/Skulltex.  I wonder if you can flip the cups upside down w/o too much trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back