Skullcandy Aviator
Aug 15, 2010 at 2:52 PM Post #17 of 20

Quote:
Quote:

The specs that manufacturers give you don't really matter. In fact, I believe that some of them lie/exaggerate on the FR of their  headphones.

The head direct RE0 has the same FR specs as this headphone, but that does not mean that they are on the same level
(oh heavens, no).

If you want to know how a headphone sounds, measure them to get a proper FR graph.

Remember though, specs on paper don't tell the whole story.

Just curious, did you read the original post?  There is no such thing as a set that responds well to the lower bass frequency and doesnt sound bloated with a nice run off, but has a very narrow hz range. 99.999% of all sets that have a small range like that are not meant to have a responsive, and most importantly a clear bass experience.  

Sorry, but im 100% positive the graph chart for this set will prove me right.  I don't really even have to look at it or know the frequency response numbers, its skullcandy, its going to sound bloated and it will be a terrible bass experience.  If you say some companies lie about it, then odds are strong they are even worse than listed and they are heavily exaggerating...ohh...just like they did with the hesh series!

Aug 15, 2010 at 3:27 PM Post #18 of 20

Quote:
As I figured, there is a lot of trashing of the aviators, but I'm still not hearing from anyone whom has actually tested them out...  Should I give up?

It seems like you really want them (why, I don't know).  Then why don't you purchase a pair and put up a review for the rest of us to read. 
If you don't like them you could put them up for sale on eBay (they wouldn't sell here). 
Or....you could put your money towards a decent pair of phones as recommended here.

Aug 15, 2010 at 8:13 PM Post #19 of 20

Quote:

Just curious, did you read the original post?  There is no such thing as a set that responds well to the lower bass frequency and doesnt sound bloated with a nice run off, but has a very narrow hz range. 99.999% of all sets that have a small range like that are not meant to have a responsive, and most importantly a clear bass experience.  

Sorry, but im 100% positive the graph chart for this set will prove me right.  I don't really even have to look at it or know the frequency response numbers, its skullcandy, its going to sound bloated and it will be a terrible bass experience.  If you say some companies lie about it, then odds are strong they are even worse than listed and they are heavily exaggerating...ohh...just like they did with the hesh series!

I'm not supporting skullcandy in any way. I'm saying that whatever frequency response range a company gives you, does not mean that particular headphone has good sound quality, and I'm saying that a graph would be better at showing the sound characteristics of a certain headphone. I just wanted to be clear on that, it's nothing complicated. Either way, skullcandy is a company that makes general-consumer grade products, nobody will ever expect them to be good.

And yes, I did read op's post. I think that it is impossible to tell whether a headphone has "clear bass," just by looking at the FR range at the back of the product's box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back