Singlepower's Colorado Summer Meet - 7.26.08
Jul 1, 2008 at 8:19 AM Post #91 of 165
Hey guys, I totally forgot, but my 10.5 year old son is an audiophile with his own Stax SR-Lambda/SRD-X and Alessandro MS-1/Headstage Lyrix Pro amp, and we've been planning on his attending with me from the start.

So, I just needed to mention that there will be TWO of us in my party, plus whomever is carpooling with me (Blutarsky). That night I'll be leaving my son with his Grandma for a few days extended visit, and have the option of heading back to Colorado Springs with extra passengers. I have a 7 passenger Subaru, but expect to have the third row filled with equipment. There may be room for Sherwood and fderry to ride up with us (makes 5 people max) which would make splitting the gas even cheaper. Just let me know.

Jul 1, 2008 at 12:08 PM Post #92 of 165
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, you have to stop using it for the next month, otherwise it will just be starting to sound good by the meet
tongue.gif

It seems like you have gotten you wish....my company sent me out of town yesterday and I won't be back until Friday so that's 80-95 hrs less burn-in!
biggrin.gif

Jul 1, 2008 at 1:26 PM Post #93 of 165
Quote:

I have a Holland Amperex Bugle Boy GZ34 in my WA6 right now
smily_headphones1.gif

I was gonna bring a power strip and 50 foot outdoor extension cord.

I can tell that you're a man of refined taste.
biggrin.gif

I'll bring a power strip and more, if requested and needed.

Dave

Jul 1, 2008 at 4:11 PM Post #94 of 165
Quote:

Originally Posted by fderry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,

I'm interested in joining the get together in Denver. I live in Colorado Springs and this sounds like fun. I am new to Head-Fi but have been playing with audio for over 40 years. Until I joined Head-Fi in April my head phone inventory consisted of a pair of Koss Pro4AAs (35 years old!) and the ear buds that came with my iPod (4G). I now have AGK701s, Denon 2000s, Grado 225s and Sennheiser PX-100s. Not bad or not good (depends on how you look at it) for only 2 months of being a member of Head-FI. By the way I'm broke now!

Thanks,
Frank

Well I guess you won't need the standard Head-Fi welcome then if you're broke already. Good to see we've already broken you in.
wink.gif

If you're planning to bring any of your stuff, just let me know and I'll add to the list.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcstep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm still planning to come and I did a major upgrade to my digital source, recently adding a Playback Designs MPS-5 CD/SACD player. It's amazingly organic and easy to listen to. I've recabled the 701s with Cardas and found a Holland GZ34 rectifier for the Woo WA6. It was a good rig before but it's launched into the stratosphere lately.

Will we need long extension cords and tables, or will some of that be provided? I rent tables for the Rocky Mountain Trumpet Fest and pass the cost to the exhibitors (10-bucks or so per table, delivered).
cool.gif

Dave

Never heard of that CDP before, looks cool and similar to dCS! Will you be bringing it? Would love to hear it.

Bring more power stuff (the more the better) but tables we won't need.

Jul 1, 2008 at 5:09 PM Post #96 of 165
Alright, few changes.

Won't be bringing the Ultrasone Proline 2500s or 650s anymore.

Will be bringing a pair of Edition 9s, a pair of GS-1000s, and, courtesy of StevenKelby, his own markl mod'd and 22g jena recabled D5000s. Tyson, now you have to bring your D5000s
wink.gif
Eager to compare

What's the food and drink situation, Asr? Looks like we'll have a long run. Are there any/many places around there?

Jul 1, 2008 at 5:21 PM Post #97 of 165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luminette /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's the food and drink situation, Asr? Looks like we'll have a long run. Are there any/many places around there?

See the updated first post. Both will be on-site so there will be no need for anyone to make a lunch rush.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 1, 2008 at 6:09 PM Post #98 of 165
I'm excited to run those R10s up against the markl-modded d5k's -- The very headphone he sold his r10s over.

Epic!

Also, Larry, it's great to hear about your son who has better gear than me, and younger ears. I'd love to roll with you still, but if space becomes an issue I'd be more than happy to drive as well, and I'll bring anyone who wants to come with me. I haven't driven a car in a year, and I'm rather anxious to get back at it
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 1, 2008 at 11:57 PM Post #99 of 165
Quote:

Hey guys, I totally forgot, but my 10.5 year old son is an audiophile with his own Stax SR-Lambda/SRD-X and Alessandro MS-1/Headstage Lyrix Pro amp, and we've been planning on his attending with me from the start.

So, I just needed to mention that there will be TWO of us in my party, plus whomever is carpooling with me (Blutarsky). That night I'll be leaving my son with his Grandma for a few days extended visit, and have the option of heading back to Colorado Springs with extra passengers. I have a 7 passenger Subaru, but expect to have the third row filled with equipment. There may be room for Sherwood and fderry to ride up with us (makes 5 people max) which would make splitting the gas even cheaper. Just let me know.

HeadphoneAddict - Thanks for the ride offer but I will probably have to drive separtely (may have to leave in the early afternoon)

Jul 2, 2008 at 2:14 AM Post #101 of 165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Craig, you still have those UM3s from last year's meet?

Heh, not yet...I don't mind waiting though, good things come to those who wait
smily_headphones1.gif

I'll bring them to the 2009 meet, for sure
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 2, 2008 at 8:12 AM Post #103 of 165
Sherwood, so far it looks like just 4 - me, my son, Blutarsky and you - so we should be fine, unless someone needs to cut out early (which could interfere with me dropping my son off at his Grandma's in Thornton I-25 and Huron) before we head back.

The lucky guys in the back seats can watch two different DVD's at the same time (one player/screen inside each headrest).
tongue.gif

Jul 4, 2008 at 7:08 AM Post #105 of 165
I am Almost Certainly coming.

If someone else from Utah wants to attend, and wants to split the cost of gas with me, I can take one passenger. If you live far from Orem, if you can come to me, i live in a good neighborhood where you can park your car well off the street with no fear of anyone messing with your stuff. Or i can pick you up if you live somewhere geographically convenient to the trip.

But you're probably on your own for lodging. I'll be staying with friends in Longmont and can't really promise their hospitality for someone i barely know that they've never met.

My car gets about 30mpg on the freeway (probably less fully-laden) so this could be a cheap way to get there with a fair amount of gear. I can only take one passenger because the back seats are reserved on the drive back for some Ohm Walsh 3 speakers.

Anyway. Preliminary list of cans I'd like to bring:

Yamaha YH-1
Yamaha YH-2 (Potentially - so i have the whole trinity with me)
Yamaha YH-3
Yamaha YH-100

Fostex T20 (version 2)
Fostex T40
Maior RPT-50 (aka Fostex T50v2 - potentially. right now it's at Wualta's lab.)

AKG K240 Sextett middle-production
AKG K240-DF
AKG K260 Pro (maybe)
AKG K340 bass-lite (maybe)

Beyerdynamic DT880-S - so people can hear how far beyer hasn't come since 1980.

The power amp that meshes best with my Sony ECR-500 has developed a fault that i may or may not be able to fix before the meet, so i might not bring an ECR-500. Which would be a shame, because it's one of the best electret headphones ever.

Stax SR-X Mk3
Stax SR-30
Stax SR-80

Stax SRD-7 + Rotel RA-820BX for driving staxen.

Bijou Streamlined Futterman All-Tube OTL
Cavalli-Kan Kumisa III
SOHA v1 (perfboard DIY, with GE gray-plate 5963 + lm4562, to demonstrate synergy with 600-ohm AKGs)

And if i finish building it before the meet, and it's ok with runeight, a prototype Stacker II hybrid headphone amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back