Singlepower's Colorado Summer Meet - 7.26.08
Jul 15, 2008 at 10:19 PM Post #139 of 165
More location info has been updated to post #1.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sisenor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I might be able to make it...but we have a camping trip planned which was a long time in the making, so....????

Looks like you have a choice to make. I can tell you one thing, it may be a while until another Head-Fi meet comes 'round these parts...
wink.gif

Jul 16, 2008 at 4:42 AM Post #140 of 165
Well, unless I can get a last-minute schedule trade in (doubtful), I'm scheduled to work that day so I won't be able to make it
frown.gif

Jul 16, 2008 at 10:14 AM Post #141 of 165
Elphas, I am sorry you are not coming I was really excited about meeting you and the prospects of this meet going "international'!

Thanks for being so generous and sending your phones for the meet.

Perhaps if you do get to CO during a subsequent trip you could contact a few of us and get together...keep us in mind.

Jul 16, 2008 at 7:32 PM Post #142 of 165
It's unfortunate that I was compelled to do it but given some recent posts about Singlepower, I went and double-checked the reservation for the hotel conference room and the group rate info.

Fortunately the conference room is booked. However, the group rate is not in effect, the hotel found no record of a group rate for the weekend. Sorry and disappointed to have to report this but that's what I discovered from the hotel. So the group rate info has been removed from post #1. The hotel will only offer their regular $99 rate for the weekend which can be either 1 king bed or 2 queen beds.

I did verify some other information by the hotel too so we should be good to go on the 26th, no need to worry about anything else. Though I do now think that I'll put both hands into organizing future meets rather than deflecting anything to other parties...

Quote:

Originally Posted by donovansmith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, unless I can get a last-minute schedule trade in (doubtful), I'm scheduled to work that day so I won't be able to make it
frown.gif

Too bad you won't be able to make it, I guess we'll have to square away another meet sometime soon.
wink.gif

Jul 18, 2008 at 5:02 PM Post #144 of 165
I'm not sure I'm going to be able to make this one, I have a lot of stuff to do, but I'll try and get it all done prior to the meet. (Lots of digging involved.. bleh)

I think you guys can manage without my meagre system, but I might pop along later in the day if I can't get everything done this weekend.

Of course, i know I'll kick myself if I don't make it.. lol.

We'll see
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 18, 2008 at 5:05 PM Post #145 of 165
Things are working out for me to come, thanks to Asr for all your time and work on this! So many headphones are going to be there that I have that I hate to repeat, but looking through the list I thought I'd bring my wooden Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9s with my Sony A818, they make a great combo.

Jul 18, 2008 at 7:11 PM Post #146 of 165
Well I hope you make it craiglester, it should be a great meet!

I've received word that Elephas' Headphile Stax Lambda Pro and Audio-Technica W2002 are in transit so those will be attending the meet.

As for the equipment that I'm personally bringing, I'll be adding that to the list soon, which will include:

- Source: Plinius CD-101 CDP
- Amp: CIAudio VHP2/VAC1 (I've been holding out hope for a long-standing order instead but from all accounts it's still in progress)
- Dynamic Headphones: Audio-Technica W5000 w/ APS V3, AD2000 w/ APS V3, & ES7; AKG K701 w/ SAA Equinox
- Electrostatic Headphone: Stax Omega II MKII (just got it earlier today, whooooooo!)

Jul 23, 2008 at 6:08 PM Post #147 of 165
Finally looks brighter so I think I’m able to attend the meeting. Mine stuff generally DIY so mine amps are:
PIMETA, PPAV2, M3, original PM and Dynalo. I could finish SOHA –case it- if any body interested to listen to this amp. Headphones are DT990, HD650 with cardas cable, HD265 and HD25(??) concorde.
My player is dead so I’ve got so far only pioneer dv563a and squeexbox3. I may be able to make shigaclone workable by meeting but it wouldn’t be in optimal configuration and uncased.
Please let me know what should I bring to meeting or what nobody interested to listen to.
Vlad

Jul 23, 2008 at 11:07 PM Post #148 of 165
Bring whatever you'd like but not too much - the more gear there is, the less chance that everyone who comes will actually listen to what they wanted to going in. I speak from experience on this subject.
tongue.gif
I for one think your PPAv2 and M3 would be interesting.

I've received the Stax Lambda Pro and W2002 btw, glad they got here on time. Man if I only had my BHSE right now, I could be listening to OII MKII, SR-X MKIII, and Lambda Pro all at the same time!
frown.gif

Jul 24, 2008 at 4:12 AM Post #149 of 165
We are down to the wire and my Melos SHA Gold and HP1000/HP1 have still not arrived in sunny COS yet - they are literally two weeks overdue from Canada Post and we getting down to the wire...fingers are crossed.

Anyone out there have an icon that would depict a poor soul pulling his few remaining hairs out?

Despite the possible gear hiccup, I'll be looking forward to seeing everyone very soon!

Jul 24, 2008 at 7:14 AM Post #150 of 165
Mikhail has promised to bring my Supra-XLR and ES-1 that are in his possession to the meet.

Both amps should be operational and I hope all of you get to listen to them with a variety of headphones.

Please take photos of the amps, including the interiors if possible.

Looks like it will be a fun meet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back