Singlepower's Colorado Summer Meet - 7.26.08
Feb 22, 2008 at 8:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 165

Asr

Headphoneus Supremus
Meet impressions thread here: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f45/im...6-08-a-347629/

[size=small]LOCATION[/size]: Magenta Room in Doubletree Hotel Denver Tech @ 7801 East Orchard Road in Greenwood Village (sorry, won't be on a Singlepower site as previously mentioned)
[size=small]DATE[/size]: Saturday, July 26, 2008
[size=small]TIME[/size]: starts @ 10 AM, to run as long as there are attendees
wink.gif

[size=small]COST[/size]: free, Singlepower Audio would probably appreciate donations though
[size=small]POWER[/size]: main-line power strips and cords will be supplied, please bring enough power equipment for your own system though.
[size=small]FOOD/DRINKS[/size]: lunch will be catered in, I will supply extra drinks if necessary

Also: I can provide a car ride to/from DIA depending on flight time(s) for anyone flying in from out-of-state.

[size=small]ATTENDEES[/size]:
Sign up by leaving a post in this thread or via PM. I'd like to encourage all Colorado Head-Fiers to sign up, whether or not you have equipment to bring. The more the better!
  • Blutarsky
  • boehler
  • craiglester
  • dcstep
  • donovansmith
  • ericj
  • fderry
  • Gil Schwartzman (maybe)
  • Golden Ears
  • greenman9
  • HeadphoneAddict
  • jagathon (maybe)
  • lime
  • loddie
  • Luminette
  • mlarn
  • ncmando
  • nine
  • NoiseGUI
  • raffy
  • Sherwood
  • tako_tsubo (maybe)
  • ujiko
  • Vladco (maybe)
  • wiatrob
  • Wmcmanus (maybe)

[size=small]EQUIPMENT LIST[/size]:

Headphones
- AKG K240 Sextett middle-production
- AKG K240-DF
- AKG K271 Studio w/ custom cable
- AKG K340
- AKG K701
- AKG K701 w/ ALO re-cable
- AKG K701 w/ Moon Audio Black Dragon
- AKG K701 w/ SAA Equinox
- Alessandro MS-1
- Audio-Technica ATH-AD900 w/ W1000 pads
- Audio-Technica ATH-AD2000 w/ APS V3
- Audio-Technica ATH-W2002
- Audio-Technica ATH-W5000 w/ APS V3
- Beyerdynamic 2005 DT880
- Beyerdynamic DT880-S
- DarthBeyer V3 w/ BlackGold
- Denon AH-D2000 APS V2-recabled
- Denon AH-D5000 w/ markl mods & 22G Jena Labs re-cable
- Fostex T20 (version 2)
- Fostex T40
- Grado HF-1 ALO modded
- Grado HP1
- Grado HP2
- Grado iGrado
- Grado PS-1
- Grado SR225
- KOSS A250
- Sennheiser HD580
- Sennheiser HD650
- Sennheiser HE60/HEV70
- Stax Lambda Pro Headphile-modded
- Stax Omega II MKII
- Stax SR-X Mk3
- Stax SR-30
- Stax SR-80
- Ultrasone Edition 9 (2)
- Ultrasone Edition 9 w/ APureSound V3
- Ultrasone HFI780 ALO-recabled (2)
- Yamaha YH-1, YH-2, YH-3, YH-100

Amplifiers
- CIAudio VHP2/VAC1
- DIY Bijou Streamlined Futterman All-Tube OTL
- DIY Cavalli-Kan Kumisa III
- DIY SOHA v1 (perfboard DIY w/ GE gray-plate 5963 + LM4562)
- DIY SOHA w/ extra tubes
- Eddie Current Laconic EC-01 & EC/DC
- Eddie Current Zana Deux
- FUBAR III
- HeadAmp Pico (2)
- HeadRoom Balanced Desktop
- HeadStage Lyrix
- Heed Audio CanAmp
- iBasso D2
- RSA Predator (2)
- Meier Audio Corda Aria
- Meier Audio Corda HeadSix
- Melos SHA1 Gold
- Singlepower PPX3
- Stax SRD-7 + Rotel RA-820BX
- Triad Audio LISA III XP w/ LLP
- TTVJ Millett Hybrid Portable
- Woo Audio 6

Sources
- 5.5G iMod
- 5.5G iMod 80GB
- AlienDAC
- HeadRoom Micro DAC
- iAudio X5
- iBasso D1/MacBook
- iPod Touch 8GB
- MOTU UltraLite/MacBook
- Music Hall CD25.2
- Oppo DV-981HD
- Pioneer DV-58AV (Ric Schultz modded)
- Playback Designs MPS-5
- Plinius CD-101
- Stello DA100/MacBook Pro
- Tivoli Audio Model CD

Misc Stuff

Feb 22, 2008 at 9:17 PM Post #2 of 165
I am in

Huge thanks to ASR for turning this out and getting Singlepower to host! You are the man. I'm gonna bring $5 to donate, if anyone else is up for it, we could do a donation pooling for them.

As for equipment I'll be bringing-

v3(Closed) DarthBeyers w/ BlackGold cabling
TTVJ Millet Hybrid Portable
5.5g 80gb iMod

that list will be added on to a lot in the time between now and then

Feb 22, 2008 at 9:57 PM Post #3 of 165
I'm in too..

Not sure on the gear yet. Probably my MS-1s K340s and A/250s. Possibly my Squeezebox and a laptop server, and my Number cruncher and Headfive.

Feb 24, 2008 at 9:56 AM Post #5 of 165
I am in.

Equipment: Ultrasone Edition 9 and ALO re-cabled HFI780, Grado HP-2, Denon D2000 APS v2 cable, RSA Predator, iMod 5.5G, iBasso D1 with optical out Macbook/iRiver and Sony PCDP.

My arms will be full, so not sure about these - possibly a stock portable STAX SR-001 Mk2 and a SuperFatCat modded SR-001 Mk1 as comparison. Possibly some APS re-cabled woodied HF-1 and ALO SR-60 with the same mods, and maybe re-cabled RS-2 also.

Feb 24, 2008 at 5:08 PM Post #6 of 165

Feb 24, 2008 at 5:39 PM Post #7 of 165
Hello folks,

I'm in too!

I will be bringing: (updated 7/16)
Phones - DB V3, Grado PS-1, HP1000/HP2, HP1000/HP-1 and ALO mod'd HF-1
Amps -Zana Deux and Melos SHA-Gold (if the Melos and HP1000/HP-1 arrive in time)
Source: MacBook Pro with Apogee Duet DAC (maybe Stello DA100 if folks are interested)

Looking forward to the meet!

Feb 25, 2008 at 2:30 AM Post #8 of 165
I may come in too. It’s depends on time and location.
I could bring in dynalo, M3, PPA2V2 and original PM. SOHA and pimeta are options also. All amps are desktops. I've got DT990.
Vlad

Feb 25, 2008 at 3:28 AM Post #9 of 165
Hmm. Since a salt lake city head-fi meet would probably be me and two other guys, maybe I'll try to make it to this one.

And by 'make it' i mean drive my GTI up there with a trunkload of orthos and vintage AKG.

Edit: my friend in denver is now holding onto an absurdly cheap pair of ohm walsh 3 speakers for me, so i'm going to try Really Hard to make it out there. It's only about an 8 hour drive, right?

so, a list of stuff i would almost certainly bring:

Amps:

Bijou (for sure)
CK2III (if there's interest)
SOHA (Perhaps. Synergizes well with 600-ohm AKG)
Mini3v2 (why would i leave home without it?)

Headphones:

Yamaha YH-100 (for sure)
Yamaha YH-3 (Very probably)
Yamaha YH-1 (if i figure out what's gone wrong with the right-side driver)
Realistic Pro 30 (dead serious. You won't believe what you could have bought at radioshack in 1982.)
AKG K145 (certainly)
AKG K240 Sextett MP (probably, unless a lot of sextetts are going to be there)
AKG K240-DF (not enough people know this can)
AKG K340 (that's right, the K340 i don't like so much. I'd like to A/B it with K340's that people say they love)
Fostex T20v2
Fostex T40v1 (perhaps)
Maior RPT-50 (if i get it back from wualta, and if i can fix it's slight crackle)
MB-Quart QP85 floats (Might be pointless at a noisy meet)
Beyerdynamic DT880-S Edition 1980 (for the historical curiosity, and maybe only if i can score some DT550 pads for it)

If we're getting close to the day, and you're going to be there, and you see a headphone in my profile that you would like to hear, feel free to ask me to bring it. But don't bug me about it until about a week before the meet, or i'll just forget.

Sources:

I'm not much of a source collector. iRiver H120 will be in tow, and i can bring a reasonably decent denon cd player - the model number escapes me at the moment. Perhaps a laptop and an outboard DAC as well.

Electrostatics:

Wishywashy about this. If there is interest i can drag along some 'stats. Perhaps just my Sony ECR-500, and my Akai UC-W5 stereo power mini-amp to drive it's transformer box.

I could bring my Stax SR-X III but it doesn't pair well with the Akai, and the ECR-500 doesn't pair well with my Rotel integrated mini-amp. And i don't want to bring two power amps to drive two 'stats. if you really need to hear the SR-X III, and nobody else is bringing one (I'm looking at you, headphone addict), bug me about it in july.

Feb 25, 2008 at 6:48 AM Post #10 of 165
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm. Since a salt lake city head-fi meet would probably be me and two other guys, maybe I'll try to make it to this one.

And by 'make it' i mean drive my GTI up there with a trunkload of orthos and vintage AKG.

It is only an 8 hour drive
wink.gif

Feb 25, 2008 at 7:50 AM Post #11 of 165
I'll try to make it but I may not yet be back from Alaska by then. I need to be in Reno on June 12th and will head North after that. It's just that I've never been up that way and want to take my sweet time!

Feb 25, 2008 at 3:31 PM Post #12 of 165
Ok, it's on my calendar. I'll probably bring:
  1. Woo Audio WA6
  2. Pioneer Elite 58AV modded by Ric Schultz
  3. Oppo 981 stock
  4. AKG 701s
  5. Audio Technica W5000

If I can find some good disposable ear pieces, I'll bring the Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pros. Well, I'll bring them no matter so I can hear other amps (I think they're my best cans overall), but no one can listen unless I find a solution for tips.

I debating about bringing the Pro-ject RM10 turntable. That's a source that'll blow you away, but it's a pain to move and I'd have to watch over it like crazy. (A bent stylus is a $800 loss). Still, you guys might talk me into it if enough want to hear a very good vinyl rig.

Dave

Feb 26, 2008 at 7:46 PM Post #13 of 165
Ok so anyone have any interest in hearing a product from Ayre Acoustics, Grace Design, and/or PS Audio at this meet? I just found out Grace Design is based in Boulder! The more you know...

Feb 27, 2008 at 12:37 AM Post #14 of 165
It's on the calendar. I'd also be available on Friday to help set-up if needed.

As for equipment, I was going to bring my M^3, but it looks like we may already have 2-3 of them. I've also got a Mini^3 that I can bring. Beyond that, just have to see what I get built between now and then.

nine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back