Singlepower's Colorado Summer Meet - 7.26.08
Feb 27, 2008 at 8:39 AM Post #16 of 165
yeah might be worth getting to hear the PS Audio DAC and their headphone amp

same for grace design's m902 headphone amp/dac

my only concern is if i or anyone else will have enough time to check everything out.. it wouldn't be too hot for vendors to come out and nobody check their stuff out, even just having a few people give a small listen while the guys stand around behind their gear would be a bummer =(

which reminds me- How long is this supposed to be running for? Meets always seem to run short for people as they comment on not having had enough time (though could there ever be?)

Definitely try to stretch it as long as possible imo!

Feb 27, 2008 at 2:56 PM Post #17 of 165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif

[size=small]LOCATION[/size]: Singlepower Audio's warehouse in Denver (address will be provided later)

Is this space air conditioned?

Dave

Mar 1, 2008 at 4:12 AM Post #19 of 165
I should be able to attend. Here's my planned equipment list:

AKG K271 Studio with custom cable
Singlepower PPX3
iPod touch 8GB
Tivoli Audio Model CD
Various interconnects and (mostly cheapie generic) power cords

I'm not sure what tubes I'll be bringing for the PPX3 since a few weeks ago my roommate's cats dragged the amp off a shelf and the drop to the floor destroyed the set of Ei tubes in it (but the amp seems fine! it's built like a tank). I'm glad none of my vintage tubes were in it, that's for sure. I have to dig up a set of tubes for it and they will most likely be vintage, I'm thinking an RCA blackplate driver with two GE grayplates.

My equipment may change before the meet but I'm pretty sure the above listed stuff will be coming. I'm glad we're having another Denver-area meet this year!

Mar 1, 2008 at 5:47 AM Post #20 of 165

Mar 2, 2008 at 5:53 AM Post #21 of 165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luminette /img/forum/go_quote.gif
which reminds me- How long is this supposed to be running for? Meets always seem to run short for people as they comment on not having had enough time (though could there ever be?)

Definitely try to stretch it as long as possible imo!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcstep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is this space air conditioned?

Dave

I'll check on time availability and air conditioning with Mikhail on Monday or Tuesday next week.

Mar 3, 2008 at 11:18 PM Post #22 of 165
I am in. Thanks Luminette for bringing this thread to mah attencion!

I'll bring whatever is in my signature at the time.

Mar 5, 2008 at 2:04 AM Post #23 of 165
i should be able to make it. here is what i have at the moment and can bring:

-Heed CanAmp
-Beyerdynamic DT-880 (250 ohm, 2005)
-Sennheiser HD-650 (stock)
-Macbook w/ MOTU Ultralite soundcard / DAC... more of a music production thing

Mar 9, 2008 at 5:49 PM Post #24 of 165
I would like to make it. I am having visitors stay in July, and it has not yet been planned exactly when, but if they aren't still here the 26th, I'll be there.

I could potentially bring all my gear, which will then consist of a DAC-60, Melos SHA-1, Denon D2000, and MS-2i. However, I don't have a portable source. Anyone with a spare cdp or something they could lend?

Mar 11, 2008 at 1:25 AM Post #25 of 165
Hi:

I'm a noob in the head-fi part of the internets, so hello to all. I'd like to sign up for the meet. I have two categories of stuff I will plan on bringing, old and new.

The old stuff is:
-Grado SR225s
-iGrados
-Logitech wireless bluetooth headphones (in case anyone is curious - used for gaming)

New stuff:
-ATH-AD900s w/ W1000 pads and phatpad mods
-Astrogaming mixamp (used for gaming - still on preorder)
-Headroom Balanced desktop (currently on its way)
-HD650s (on their way)
-Equinox Balanced Cable for 650s (on its way)
-Music Hall CD25.2

Mar 11, 2008 at 2:47 AM Post #26 of 165
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenman9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi:

New stuff:
-ATH-AD900s w/ W1000 pads and phatpad mods
-Astrogaming mixamp (used for gaming - still on preorder)
-Headroom Balanced desktop (currently on its way)
-HD650s (on their way)
-Equinox Balanced Cable for 650s (on its way)
-Music Hall CD25.2

Great, I'm really curious to compare balanced to unbalanced

Dave

Mar 11, 2008 at 4:49 PM Post #27 of 165
Latest updates applied to post #1.

I talked to Mikhail this morning and confirmed that: (1) yes there's A/C, and (2) we'll have use of their facilities all day the 26th.
smily_headphones1.gif
Starting time has been set at 10 AM. No one needs to arrive early btw.

I also found out that we might be coming up on a room size limitation depending on how many people sign up. If that becomes the case then I might have to move the location back to that aforementioned hotel in Lakewood...so for now I might have to impose a cap at 25 people. The early birds catch the worm!
tongue.gif

Mar 12, 2008 at 2:39 PM Post #28 of 165
hey, you know what would be cool, not for this meet maybe, but for future larger meets maybe. Workshops - like, how to re cable a pair of headphones, people can bring a pair to work on, and some supplier of parts/cable etc can provide the parts etc (for a fee) and we get shown how to recable our cans by an expert recabler - I'm sure theres many on here.

I for one have a couple of cans I want to recable, but i'm kind of afraid i'd mess it up if i was to try it on my own.. I'd really appreciate having somone to help / guide me the first time.

Just a thought.. maybe something for can jam?

Mar 13, 2008 at 4:13 AM Post #30 of 165
Quote:

Originally Posted by craiglester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey, you know what would be cool, not for this meet maybe, but for future larger meets maybe. Workshops - like, how to re cable a pair of headphones, people can bring a pair to work on, and some supplier of parts/cable etc can provide the parts etc (for a fee) and we get shown how to recable our cans by an expert recabler - I'm sure theres many on here.

I for one have a couple of cans I want to recable, but i'm kind of afraid i'd mess it up if i was to try it on my own.. I'd really appreciate having somone to help / guide me the first time.

Just a thought.. maybe something for can jam?

I'm pretty sure Mikhail also does cabling work in terms of both headphone cables and interconnects, so you could probably ask him anytime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back