Single Power Mini Tube Amp in the House!
Apr 20, 2007 at 10:27 PM Post #31 of 90
I can imagine one of these slick on top of my desk.....
tongue.gif

Anyone can disclose the pricing ?

Apr 20, 2007 at 11:03 PM Post #33 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by 909 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seriously, do you know much the mini and battery power supply weigh and the mini and AC power supply?

The Mini and it's power supply weigh about 6 and a half lbs on my bathroom scale. The Mini alone weighs about a pound. The battery supply for the Mini is still being developed but I expect that it will be somewhat heavy as it will be packed with small thin batteries.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pearljam5000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is it better than the stock EXTREME?

My Extreme isn't stock and is brand new and has black gates in it so it needs some time before it will be broken in. For now I would say that they are different. At the moment, the Mini reminds me more of my former PPX3 SLAM than the Extreme Platinum but of course the Mini and it's tubes need some time to break in as well.

Happy Listening!

Apr 20, 2007 at 11:29 PM Post #35 of 90
Whoa...and how much does this cost? xD

I'll leave it to the meet to hear what it sounds like.

Apr 21, 2007 at 12:29 AM Post #39 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by Akathriel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For cost the target was 500 but it may well have ended up being more.

i expected the target price to be quite a bit more than that. mainly because of the giant external psu derived from the es1...
blink.gif

Apr 21, 2007 at 12:53 AM Post #41 of 90
Nice. that amp's amazing looking. I really do hope i can take a look at it soon. Does anyone have a guess as to the pricing of this thing?
rs1smile.gif

Apr 21, 2007 at 1:38 AM Post #42 of 90
Quote:

For cost the target was 500 but it may well have ended up being more.

He wanted to find a prebuilt power supply he so he could keep the cost down. But so far, he has not found anything acceptable. Therefore, he built the heavy duty power supply upgrade first.

Apr 21, 2007 at 2:05 AM Post #43 of 90
Who knows if that includes the PSU, when I was there it was basically just plugged into a wallwart. Like all things Singlepower I'm sure it will be available in configurations from spartan to extravagant.
edit
redface.gif
ops didnt see your post earl, but again I would figure around 500...for the amp only

Apr 21, 2007 at 2:36 AM Post #45 of 90
Quote:

Who knows if that includes the PSU, when I was there it was basically just plugged into a wallwart. Like all things Singlepower I'm sure it will be available in configurations from spartan to extravagant.
edit
redface.gif
ops didnt see your post earl, but again I would figure around 500...for the amp only

I have not talked to Mikhail for awhile but I gave it a shot tonight and I did get him. He couldnt talk long but I found out the show/ intro price is $949 for the amp + upgrade power supply. I asked about the power supply and the supply is derived from the ES-1 as Akathriel stated and not the MPX3 . He wanted to use the MPX3 board and that was what I thought was going in the power supply. But the MPX3 board simply would not physically fit in the case. The power supply does uses the big 8 amp power transformer from the Extreme. This is one SERIOUS mojo power supply.
basshead.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back