Single Power Mini Tube Amp in the House!
Apr 20, 2007 at 9:14 PM Post #18 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very nice!! Looks like Mikhail's hot streak continues! Anyone know pricing details? Specs??

Can we get this with blackgates? Tube adapters? Upgraded attenuator?

biggrin.gif

(not really kidding about these either...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
)

Best,

-Jason

Apr 20, 2007 at 9:17 PM Post #19 of 90
Wow, very nice indeed. I almost thought that it was intended to be transportable until I saw that power supply
basshead.gif
Where is the amp supposed to sit in Single Power's line up, and what's the price? And on a side note, does Single Power have a site that lists some of their more recent models, specifically the Extreme and the ES-1? On Single Power.com they still only have the PPX3 up to the Maestro, but I know that there are many other models in existence.

Apr 20, 2007 at 9:23 PM Post #21 of 90
are these the military-grade subminiature tubes that are supposed to last for pretty much as long as you'll ever use the amp? if so that would actually make me interested in it; if not, i'm more interested in the "squarewave".
smily_headphones1.gif
looks great though. as long as you can hide the power supply under the desktop, i imagine this little beauty would make quite the mini desktop system.

Apr 20, 2007 at 9:38 PM Post #23 of 90
The unknown input/ gain tube is the single triode 5703; another sub-minature tube. The amp uses a pair of 5703's, one each, for the right and left channels. The 5987's are low mu power triodes and the amp can go into push/pull operation at high output levels for more power delivery. The power supply is adapted from the ES-1 but uses a MPX3 like board with different caps. This amp then borrows the Extreme's power transformer to complete the power supply.
eek.gif

5703 .... http://www.nj7p.org/Tube4.php?tube=5703

5987 .... http://www.nj7p.org/Tube4.php?tube=5987

Apr 20, 2007 at 9:42 PM Post #24 of 90
Here are a few more pics. Let me know if anyone wants any specific ones. I will ask Mikhail if I can post one of the insides.

webminid.jpg

webminie.jpg

webminif.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Andy, about how long is the umbilical from the power supply to the amp?

The umbilical cord is about 5 and a half feet in length.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjcha /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am sure you can get black gates and tube rolling is a strong possibility as the tube 'sockets' are actually IC sockets so you can wire a tube up any way you want. Good luck fitting a stepped attenuator in there, however.
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMcMasterJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is that third hole an output for it to be used as a preamp?

edit: Do they come in balanced?
evil_smiley.gif

That third hole is a 1/8" headphone jack, however, I heard this amp at Single Power running as a preamp and it sounded great. LOL. I doubt you could fit the XLR connectors in this tiny chassis but balanced is a distinct possibility with a slightly larger one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by M0T0XGUY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, very nice indeed. I almost thought that it was intended to be transportable until I saw that power supply
basshead.gif

Mikhail does have a battery supply in the works that will be slightly larger than the amp itself.

Happy Listening!

Apr 20, 2007 at 9:43 PM Post #25 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The unknown input/ gain tube is the single triode 5703; another sub-minature tube. The amp uses a pair of 5703's for the right and left channels. The 5987's are low mu power triodes and the amp can go into push/pull operation at high output levels for more power delivery. The power supply is adapted from the ES-1 but uses a MPX3 like board with different caps. This amp then borrows the Extreme's power transformer to complete the power supply.

5703 .... http://www.nj7p.org/Tube4.php?tube=5703

The 5703 is used in the output of my MF Trivista.

Is the power supply switchable 120/230v?

Apr 20, 2007 at 9:59 PM Post #28 of 90
The SinglePower namesake is no joke that's one huge AC power supply under the mini!
icon10.gif

webminid.jpg

tongue.gif
WOW
tongue.gif

Seriously, do you know much the mini and battery power supply weigh and the mini and AC power supply?

Apr 20, 2007 at 10:17 PM Post #30 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjcha /img/forum/go_quote.gif

biggrin.gif

(not really kidding about these either...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
)

Best,

-Jason

Yes, but you'll have to wait a bit for it!
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back