Single Power Mini Tube Amp in the House!
Apr 20, 2007 at 8:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 90

abs@nilenet.com

500+ Head-Fier
I was lucky enough to purchase one of these awesome new products coming from Single Power Audio yesterday and now have permission to talk about it and post pictures. I think Mikhail and his staff have a winner on their hands here!

I have listened to it for a few hours so far and am very impressed! It drives my Grado RS-2s with authority and removes the veil from my Sennheiser 580s. As far as soundstage goes, I am impressed. It seems to even give the RS-2s a noticeable amount!

I have to head out for now but will post more impressions and pics when I get a chance.

webminia.jpg

webminib.jpg

Happy Listening!

Apr 20, 2007 at 8:09 PM Post #2 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by abs@nilenet.com /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was lucky enough to purchase one of these awesome new products coming from Singlepower Audio yesterday and now have permission to talk about it and post pictures. I think Mikhail and his staff have a winner on their hands here!

I have listened to it for a few hours so far and am very impressed! It drives my Grado RS-2s with authority and removes the veil from my Sennheiser 580s. As far as soundstage goes, I am impressed. It seems to even give the RS-2s a noticeable amount!

I have to head out for now but will post more impressions and pics when I get a chance.

webminia.jpg

webminib.jpg

Happy Listening!

I will have one of these hopefully next week. This little amp is even more powerful than the 5687 equipped PPX3 /MPX3 SLAM amps.
cool.gif

Apr 20, 2007 at 8:13 PM Post #3 of 90
I heard this amp a week ago but WASNT allowed to talk about it.
mad.gif
Oh well. Its a great amp and the coolest part is that although its not extremely practical, it can be battery powered.

Apr 20, 2007 at 8:32 PM Post #6 of 90
That is awesome. But I imagine your pocket would get a little warm
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 20, 2007 at 8:55 PM Post #11 of 90
Very nice!! Looks like Mikhail's hot streak continues! Anyone know pricing details? Specs??

edit: btw, could you post some pics from different angles? I'd like a better look at that little gem. I was all set to get that balanced desktop from Headroom or maybe the Opera for my bedroom setup but now I'm tempted by this little honey, too.

Apr 20, 2007 at 9:02 PM Post #12 of 90
Must .... resist .... wallet is howling and trying to jump from back pocket ....

Apr 20, 2007 at 9:04 PM Post #13 of 90
Here is a pic showing the amp sitting on top of the beefy power supply. Mikhail said the power supply was adapted from the ES-1 power supply and shares about 1/4th of it. Sorry for the dust. I tried to get it all off but it's a losing battle.

webminic.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will have one of these hopefully next week. This little amp is even more powerful than the 5687 equipped PPX3 /MPX3 SLAM amps.
cool.gif

I can totally agree with you on that respect. This little amp puts out a LOT of power out of that tiny chassis. It easily matches or even exceeds the power of my former PPX3 SLAM.

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekbmn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WOW , now that is something ! Price ??

I will leave that up to Mikhail this weekend at Head Fest.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very nice!! Looks like Mikhail's hot streak continues! Anyone know pricing details? Specs??

The amp uses 4 8 lead 5987 sub-miniatures as output tubes and two 5 lead sub-miniature input tubes that I cannot identify as they have no writing on them.

Happy Listening!

Apr 20, 2007 at 9:08 PM Post #15 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
cool.gif

Next week? You don't suppose Mikhail could overnight one to me for my birthday tomorrow do you? That would be one sweet present!
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back