Simgot IEM discussion thread.
Mar 13, 2024 at 10:23 AM Post #331 of 366
Sorry dude your horse is way to high for me, make sure you don't try to come off, you may hurt yourself.
He's right though - you're just sitting here pointlessly dogpiling over and over again in a manufacturer thread and then behaving like a temper tantrum teenager whenever someone disagrees with you.

Nobody told you you're on drugs or implied you're sick in the head for thinking S12 is better - but the same can't be said vice versa, can it. People stated their opinions for whichever case they believe is true and you're still here spewing edgier and edgier nonsense nonetheless.

He was right - your initial opinion is equivalent to anyone else's and should be taken at face value, but if you want to pointlessly attack a thread's worth of people who disagree with you, walk.

Mar 21, 2024 at 6:15 AM Post #332 of 366
Wew, fun time to jump in this thread and post my Simgot EA1000 review available here.

I found it to be excellent for the price with a surprising amount of technical performance for a single DD (noting it has the passive radiator obviously).
The speediness of the bass was also very impressive and it worked very well in my books with EDM.

Shout out to @Damz87 for arranging the Australian tour of these bad boys

Mar 22, 2024 at 12:00 AM Post #333 of 366
1711079849691.png

DEW4X is very good on Simgots own IEMs. My take on the DEW4X https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/simgot-dew4x.26983/review/33334/

Mar 28, 2024 at 5:08 AM Post #335 of 366
Where would I find instructions on how to mod these?

Mar 28, 2024 at 9:53 AM Post #336 of 366
No instructions needed. You get an empty nozzle filter with the kit. You gotta just throw in the foams and or mesh to cover the nozzle inside the nozzle and take a listen to see how you like it with your most treble prone and or siblant tracks to see how well it tames the highs and go from there. It can be as easy as stuffing a foam piece underneath one of the filter nozzles you got from your Simgot IEM. Thats what I did with the gold nozzle for the EA1000. Sounds great.

Apr 3, 2024 at 10:02 PM Post #337 of 366
I got a friend who is after a set with excellent treble. We auditioned the Kiwi Ears Quintet and she loved them but is hesitant about paying $200ish for IEMs and plus they're an awkward fit for her tiny, tiny ears.

I'm looking at the EW200 and the EA500LM as cheaper alternatives, can somebody please compare them particularly in terms of treble?

Apr 3, 2024 at 10:42 PM Post #338 of 366
I got a friend who is after a set with excellent treble. We auditioned the Kiwi Ears Quintet and she loved them but is hesitant about paying $200ish for IEMs and plus they're an awkward fit for her tiny, tiny ears.

I'm looking at the EW200 and the EA500LM as cheaper alternatives, can somebody please compare them particularly in terms of treble?
Both have great treble. The 500LM is more technical and arguably brighter at least to my ears. If $90 isn't too steep I say get the 500LM. The overall package is a better value with the 3 tuning nozzles. If cost is the biggest factor then the EW200 is a fantastic treblehead set for half the cost.

Apr 8, 2024 at 10:15 AM Post #339 of 366
Wew, fun time to jump in this thread and post my Simgot EA1000 review available here.

I found it to be excellent for the price with a surprising amount of technical performance for a single DD (noting it has the passive radiator obviously).
The speediness of the bass was also very impressive and it worked very well in my books with EDM.

Shout out to @Damz87 for arranging the Australian tour of these bad boys

Jumping on board with very brief initial impressions. I've only been listening to these for a an hour or two.

EA1000 is a genre preferential IEM. I initially loaded my usual classical crossover, acoustic vocals and it was... underwhelming. Airy, spacious soundstage, musical vocals ... the EA1000 is not. Nor does it pretend to be a multi-kilobuck UM IEM.

These are small, single DD IEM's. As such, fit and tip choice are dependent on your own anatomy. I had some initial difficulty finding a comfortable fit and seal.

Once dialled in, they EA1000 are great fun.

Load up https://tidal.com/browse/track/76781333 ... and thump thump. 🦈
It's one of the most head bopping IEM renditions of this track I've ever heard.

Move on to trance/EDM and https://tidal.com/track/343131767?u and it's a very capable IEM. I'm very much enjoying the rest of this album as I type this.

The soundstage is still closed, layering and separation are not strengths. But an IEM for the gym with DD bass that literally punches above its tier for $220US?

#conflict of interest: First Simgot I ever heard. It's on tour courtesy of @Damz87. I don't know much about the brand. And I will be handing it over to the next person on tour.

#edit: I've now had a longer time with these.

Paired to Hugo2, the Simgot scale nicely. Soundstage opens up with the Hugo2 though I wouldn't call it expansive.
The small size of the EA1000 meant tip rolling was difficult ; as my usual tips (W1, Azla) came across unusually lean and bright and probably weren't the ideal fit (may need to size up).

The stand-out for me that I recall is the EA1000 bass reproduction. Fun, engaging, impactful with quality sub and mid-bass reproduction for the price point.

IMG_1766.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2024 at 6:39 PM Post #341 of 366
Having primarily listened to my Susvara and CA-1A and coming to iems as a more mobile listen, I'm struck by what I found when I compared my simple 20.00 Kz Castor iem' to my expensive Lola w/a silver dragon 1600+ 480.00 , the Castor is simply better, more clear, lower noise floor, better stage and imaging

That leaves me having to reason with in myself because it wasn't something I wanted to accept not sure why, besides the obvious.

Anyway I started asking, what exactly can you do to make a iem' worth 5k?? When these budget kings often use the same quality drivers knowles etc ..crossovers, dual chamber shells, only so much you can do to make a iem' sound "better" and in my experience.. they don't, and I'm not really an objectivist but it is a inescapable conclusion Ive come to. Really looking at the Simgot ea1000 for my 1st simgot looks beautiful

Apr 19, 2024 at 5:27 AM Post #342 of 366
It is hard on you preference. Ea 1000 is smaller he 1000 se smaller on sound it is like cross between hd 600 and he 1000 se. Theres sound on par with sennheiser hd 600 on stages and dimension with touch more openess and presence from hifiman he 1000 se. It isnt on level 1000 se but it isnt that much not kilometers worse more like hundred meters worse.

Apr 19, 2024 at 5:58 AM Post #343 of 366
Yes
Having primarily listened to my Susvara and CA-1A and coming to iems as a more mobile listen, I'm struck by what I found when I compared my simple 20.00 Kz Castor iem' to my expensive Lola w/a silver dragon 1600+ 480.00 , the Castor is simply better, more clear, lower noise floor, better stage and imaging

That leaves me having to reason with in myself because it wasn't something I wanted to accept not sure why, besides the obvious.

Anyway I started asking, what exactly can you do to make a iem' worth 5k?? When these budget kings often use the same quality drivers knowles etc ..crossovers, dual chamber shells, only so much you can do to make a iem' sound "better" and in my experience.. they don't, and I'm not really an objectivist but it is a inescapable conclusion Ive come to. Really looking at the Simgot ea1000 for my 1st simgot looks beautiful
Do you mean harvey lola.. I listen to angie in brno please dont remind me this it is one of me biggest disapointment in audio too smooth too warm as bad as remind me old koss porta pro. Ea 1000 is milion times better.

Apr 19, 2024 at 8:21 AM Post #344 of 366
Yes

Do you mean harvey lola.. I listen to angie in brno please dont remind me this it is one of me biggest disapointment in audio too smooth too warm as bad as remind me old koss porta pro. Ea 1000 is milion times better.
Jerry Harvey yes, they are good especially the mids but they are for vocal stage monitoring but sounded good, haven't heard the Angie def won't now 😆

Users who are viewing this thread

Back