Simgot IEM discussion thread.
Mar 8, 2024 at 4:42 AM Post #316 of 366
Here it goes guys, some adventure over this great IEM.

First of all... Thanks @Damz87 and Simgot to make the Australian tour happen.

Simgot EA-1000 "Fermat": A Deep Dive into Innovation

IMG_0533.jpeg

Portable world is spilling innovation and experimentation on an crazy level in recent years. Constantly pushing boundaries in the pursuit of the next best sonic experience. This product names are also being infected by this innovation seeking. How Simgot got to EA 1000 "Fermat" name, it's still a mystery to me, but hey… have you seen other products names around?

But I much prefer the lore and character chose for this IEM than the usual waifu going around the Chi-fi world. Feels like they actually put some thought into creating this IEM and everything around it.

IMG_0536.jpeg

Back to Science and what makes this thing interesting…. This one has a unique blend of design and technology. I will go through them quickly and will go through that fun round of sonic impressions using traditional Metal songs from the brutal riffs of Death to the soaring vocals of Ronnie James Dio and some lesser-known bands that are good to check them out.

A lesson on how to innovate without a price tag:

The EA-1000 boasts a sleek and sophisticated design, with a lightweight, ergonomic form factor crafted from shinny Chrome metal. This ensures a comfortable fit, even for extended listening sessions, and durability. But the true innovation lies within. Here are some key features that set the EA-1000 apart:

• 2nd Generation Dual-Magnet Dual-Cavity Dynamic Driver (DMDC)with Sputter Deposition Purple-Gold Diaphragm Technology (SDPGD Technology): Mate, what a mouthful name for a DD, but this big name is actually doing something beautiful to the sound signature of this IEM. Simgot promises that the Purple-Gold diaphragm helps pushing deep bass while the DMDC design enhances dynamic range, transient response, and widens the frequency range. I think they delivered what they promised. This driver plays a crucial role in delivering a natural and detailed sound, while throuwing deep rumble bass.
  • Passive Radiator: a 6mm passive radiator is also integrated in this design. This thing is playing some miracle on the signature's soundstage and extensions. Really noticeable the effect of this driver.

IMG_0521.jpeg

• Three Tuning Nozzles: Simgot provides three sets of interchangeable tuning nozzles with the EA-1000. These nozzles subtly alter the sound signature, allowing listeners to tailor the IEMs to their preferences. We'll explore the impact of these nozzles further in the "Sound Characteristics" section.

IMG_0539.jpeg

Jumping into what it matters:

Alright, let's delve into the heart of this impressions: how does the SimGOAT EA-1000 really sound? As usual, I'll use some songs that I love and can represent well the capabilities of this shinny beast.

Lower: Head crushing

For our journey into the low end, let's start with the end with legendary metal band, Death. In tracks like "Symbolic" and "The Philosopher," the EA-1000 delivers impactful and controlled bass. The rumble of the kick drum is there and authoritative without overwhelming the rest of the instrumentation. It can be somewhat palpable. This allows the intricate bass lines to shine through, providing a solid foundation for sound signature.

IMG_0527.jpeg

Mids: A Stage for Vocals and More

Moving into the midrange, let's explore the iconic vocals of Ronnie James Dio 🤘🏽, both in his solo career and his time with Heaven and Hell. The EA-1000 excels in this area, rendering Dio's powerful voice with remarkable clarity and presence. Every nuance and inflection are faithfully reproduced (as far as I can tell from what I expect from his voice), allowing listeners to connect with the emotional intensity of his performances. Additionally, instruments like guitars and keyboards occupy their own space within the mix, maintaining their distinct timbre and texture. Not everything is perfect, in some specific cases lower mids may sound a bit thin for some. That didn't bother me.

IMG_0490.jpeg

Upper: A Smooth Criminal

The treble response of the EA-1000 deserves careful consideration. It leans towards the neutral side, avoiding excessive brightness or sibilance. This ensures cymbals and percussion instruments retain their shimmer and definition without becoming fatiguing during extended listening sessions. 3D soundtracks, like those found in video games and certain movies, benefit from this balanced treble response, creating a natural and immersive sonic environment. But again, not all is perfect, I found that on Fire In The Distance's album Air Not Meant For Us, the treble sounded a bit grainy. Issue easily sorted with a Cardas Clear or EA Code 24c or Ares S+Cadmus 8w cables.

IMG_0491.jpeg

Tuning the Experience (or better saying, expectations):

The three included tuning nozzles play a significant role in tailoring the sound signature of the EA-1000. I prefer to say that these modules are more of an expectation tuner. For a $200 IEM that doesn't want to please everyone, this kind of added feature is actually the best way to reach further grounds.

• Silver Nozzle: This nozzle delivers the most balanced and neutral sound signature, ideal for those who prefer a pure and uncolored listening experience.
  • Gold Nozzle: This nozzle adds a touch of warmth and fullness to the sound, particularly noticeable in the midrange. This can be beneficial for genres like classic rock and acoustic music.
  • Black Nozzle: This nozzle offers a slightly brighter character, emphasizing the treble frequencies. This might appeal to listeners who enjoy a modern, crisp sonic presentation, particularly for electronic music and certain pop genres.

The Last Note:

The Simgot EA-1000 "Fermat" represents an interesting achievement for audiophiles seeking innovative technology and a captivating listening experience, for a fair price. When I mean fair price I can heartfully say that this beats some well praised under $1k IEMs (wink Aurists) for my tastes. Its ergonomic design, unique driver configuration, and three included tuning nozzles offer a level of customization that is really appealing at this price. But aside from the physical achievements, what Simgot got with the sound profile and technicalities is something to take the hat off. While it may not be the silver bullet we all seek, it does what it purposes really well.

Well done, Simgot. You deserve the praise you have been receiving.

PS.: The upgrade cable may be worth a try, but you can also find good alternatives in this price range.

IMG_0528.jpeg

---- Picture Dump because this one is quite photogenic ----

IMG_0540.jpeg

IMG_0541.jpeg

IMG_0494.jpeg

IMG_0489.jpeg

IMG_0487.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0520.jpeg
    IMG_0520.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 9, 2024 at 5:47 PM Post #317 of 366
The Hype 4 is tonally more neutral unless you count the low-end. Personally in the Hype line I find the low end too much
I agree with you about Hype bass, Im my case it is the Hype2 that I have. I have reduced 64 by 2db, 125 by 1db, and added 1.7 db at 250. It appears we may have the same taste in how bass is presented.

Mar 10, 2024 at 6:50 AM Post #319 of 366
Can anyone point me to reviews of the EA1000 where the reviewer paid for the item themselves, rather than get bribed by Simgot with a free set?
I'm a reviewer, got the EA500LM for free, and bought the EA1000 myself. The tuning of the EA500LM is better but the EA1000 surpasses it everywhere else. I don't think there's much that can do better technicalities than the EA1000 at the price point.

Mar 11, 2024 at 3:44 AM Post #321 of 366
I'm a reviewer, got the EA500LM for free, and bought the EA1000 myself. The tuning of the EA500LM is better but the EA1000 surpasses it everywhere else. I don't think there's much that can do better technicalities than the EA1000 at the price point.
S12, Timeless, MP145, PMV PP, Zetian Wu, P1, Kirin etc all planars mop the floor with the EA1000 for cheaper IMO

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2024 at 6:53 AM Post #322 of 366
S12, Timeless, MP145, PMV PP, Zetian Wu, P1, Kirin etc all planars mop the floor with the EA1000 for cheaper IMO
Bold talk, until I realised you put S12 in that list. Statement disqualified :dt880smile:

Mar 11, 2024 at 4:22 PM Post #323 of 366
Bold talk, until I realised you put S12 in that list. Statement disqualified :dt880smile:
If you don't actually add an argument as to why then it's just your opinion man, and you know how it is, everyone has one and sometimes they stink.

S12 is a fantastic IEM, especially at current prices but I do not expect Simgot fans to understand this since they are too ... attached to the mothership. No nice words, no free stuff right?

Mar 11, 2024 at 4:37 PM Post #324 of 366
If you don't actually add an argument as to why then it's just your opinion man, and you know how it is, everyone has one and sometimes they stink.

S12 is a fantastic IEM, especially at current prices but I do not expect Simgot fans to understand this since they are too ... attached to the mothership. No nice words, no free stuff right?
You can’t seriously compare S12 with a simgot. Why do I know? I have S12 at the first released. And I modded it as well. It was good when the other competitors were Timeless and unobtainiums from Audeze.

Speaking of Simgot, I’m pretty sure I’m blacklisted after not praising their EM6L so don’t bring that “sucking up to manufacturer” argument with me. I see a nonsense statement, I responded. Plain and simple.

Mar 11, 2024 at 5:11 PM Post #326 of 366
You can’t seriously compare S12 with a simgot.
Of course I can, I actually can compare anything with anything if so I desire.

To my ears the Simgot IEMs I have tried are not trash tier but very underwhelming, like not worth my time level of underwhelming, like I'd rather listen to paint dry level of underwhelming, termites crunching on wood level of underwhelming lol

The Simgot bubble never ceases to amaze me I swear, it's like talking to people on drugs.

Mar 11, 2024 at 5:37 PM Post #327 of 366
Of course I can, I actually can compare anything with anything if so I desire.

To my ears the Simgot IEMs I have tried are not trash tier but very underwhelming, like not worth my time level of underwhelming, like I'd rather listen to paint dry level of underwhelming, termites crunching on wood level of underwhelming lol

The Simgot bubble never ceases to amaze me I swear, it's like talking to people on drugs.
I have to say that when the S12 came out in the first flush, I rated them even above the timeless which a friend lent me for a few weeks, and I still have them and like them. I also really like the Simgot EA500LM a lot, which I am keeping. So they are both really enjoyable IEMs to me and deserve to be in a collection.

Mar 11, 2024 at 7:50 PM Post #328 of 366
I have to say that when the S12 came out in the first flush, I rated them even above the timeless which a friend lent me for a few weeks, and I still have them and like them. I also really like the Simgot EA500LM a lot, which I am keeping. So they are both really enjoyable IEMs to me and deserve to be in a collection.
Happy for you man!

Mar 12, 2024 at 7:26 AM Post #329 of 366
Love that you say this, but you only presented an opinion with no argument as well. Hit dogs will holler, as they say.
One thing I got over quickly is: if there’s a brand I don’t click with, I don’t go into their specific thread and post to dunk on them. You can always hang out somewhere you enjoy the product. It’s a much healthier way to be

Mar 12, 2024 at 5:32 PM Post #330 of 366
Love that you say this, but you only presented an opinion with no argument as well. Hit dogs will holler, as they say.

One thing I got over quickly is: if there’s a brand I don’t click with, I don’t go into their specific thread and post to dunk on them. You can always hang out somewhere you enjoy the product. It’s a much healthier way to be
Sorry dude your horse is way to high for me, make sure you don't try to come off, you may hurt yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back