Aug 8, 2008 at 4:27 PM Post #93 of 223
Folks, please remember, if you commit to the program and then receive the headphones MAKE SURE YOU SEND ME THE PICTURES! I don't want excuses. I need the pictures to ensure the quality of the packaging and the phones from person to person. With 4 gazillion digital cameras in the world, there shouldn't be a problem at all borrowing one. If you can't take the pics, please refrain from requesting your name be put on the list.

Aug 19, 2008 at 12:10 PM Post #94 of 223
Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I currently have the GS-1000s and will be starting up a thread about them. I needed some time with them first and now I'm out of town so probably Tuesday I'll get to it. I'll be sending them on at the end of next week.

How's this going? Have I missed a thread in the general forum?

Aug 19, 2008 at 3:30 PM Post #95 of 223
Quote:

Originally Posted by bperboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How's this going? Have I missed a thread in the general forum?

Search for GS-1000's via Zanth's Loaner Program. I have the phones currently, and will start a new thread about them some time this week.

Aug 22, 2008 at 1:22 AM Post #96 of 223
Although the SR60's haven't seen the same success as the GS-1000's, I am generally very pleased with how the loan programme is progressing. I'm pleased to read impressions by people who are experiencing the phones in their own homes.

The fall is approaching and as I had mentioned, I would introduce new phones if things were going well. At the moment, I'm a little reluctant to start a European circuit until I see how the US/Canada one continues to pan out. So, the European phones won't be sent out until early 2009 I would think. That will give this programme about 7 months running for me to gauge the ease of maintaining control of the phones, both in terms of getting from A to B to C and ensuring their proper condition etc. Thus far the GS-1000's have been arriving as new, which they should be! I'm really thankful to the first three guys involved on that end because it gives me a lot of confidence to keep this up.

With such confidence, I had hinted at perhaps some new phones by the fall. There has been a lot of talk about the RS-1's and RS-2's lately on the board, particularly questions regarding the differences between them.

So, I'm going with a pair of each for the next bit. What I am proposing is perhaps sending both sets to the same person and having them travel in pairs so people could get a feel for both models.

How does that sound?

My thinking for this idea is that individuals will be able to conclude for themselves, whether they want to go the Reference series route and if so, either the 1 or 2. This might offer the most benefits to the most people who are involved in borrowing the phones.

The con is that instead of two people enjoying phones, one person has two...more responsibility on a single individual and it also takes longer to work through the list. Yet, if ABing 1's vs. 2's is seen as really unique and/or beneficial, then I'll stick with the original plan. Sometime in September I'll have the next two pairs.

Aug 28, 2008 at 9:59 PM Post #97 of 223
I missed this a few months ago, but I would love to initiate the process to have a 2-week runthrough of the GS1000s.

I'm in zipcode 80104, if shipping is a concern.

I'm more interested in these than the RS 1 and 2 combo, as those frequently crop up at meets but the GS1k is something of a rarity.

Aug 29, 2008 at 2:14 AM Post #98 of 223
I'd be interested in doing the GS-1000s - have the post count this time around. Feedback is in sig, and I'm sure I can get a good handful of vouches if you need - just let me know.

Thanks Zanth

Aug 29, 2008 at 7:41 AM Post #99 of 223
luminette and I live pretty close together -- I can commit to delivering the phones by hand or picking them up as such should we be approved for the program.

Aug 29, 2008 at 1:51 PM Post #100 of 223
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Although the SR60's haven't seen the same success as the GS-1000's, I am generally very pleased with how the loan programme is progressing. I'm pleased to read impressions by people who are experiencing the phones in their own homes.

The fall is approaching and as I had mentioned, I would introduce new phones if things were going well. At the moment, I'm a little reluctant to start a European circuit until I see how the US/Canada one continues to pan out. So, the European phones won't be sent out until early 2009 I would think. That will give this programme about 7 months running for me to gauge the ease of maintaining control of the phones, both in terms of getting from A to B to C and ensuring their proper condition etc. Thus far the GS-1000's have been arriving as new, which they should be! I'm really thankful to the first three guys involved on that end because it gives me a lot of confidence to keep this up.

With such confidence, I had hinted at perhaps some new phones by the fall. There has been a lot of talk about the RS-1's and RS-2's lately on the board, particularly questions regarding the differences between them.

So, I'm going with a pair of each for the next bit. What I am proposing is perhaps sending both sets to the same person and having them travel in pairs so people could get a feel for both models.

How does that sound?

My thinking for this idea is that individuals will be able to conclude for themselves, whether they want to go the Reference series route and if so, either the 1 or 2. This might offer the most benefits to the most people who are involved in borrowing the phones.

The con is that instead of two people enjoying phones, one person has two...more responsibility on a single individual and it also takes longer to work through the list. Yet, if ABing 1's vs. 2's is seen as really unique and/or beneficial, then I'll stick with the original plan. Sometime in September I'll have the next two pairs.

I would love to try the rs1 and rs2 combo. Especially after I get a chance to try the gs1000's.
o2smile.gif

Sep 5, 2008 at 6:36 PM Post #105 of 223
The SR60's are in the hands of the second listener and the GS-1000's will soon be in the hands of the fifth listener. So far so good folks!

We need more people though to keep this running. So spread the word. Hopefully we will see the RS-1's and RS-2's out very soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back