May 26, 2008 at 5:56 PM Post #61 of 223
Hey guys, sorry for the delays, been working mad hours.

I'll have an official list up shortly but for now:

warrior05 will be the first to receive the GS-1000's.
Nugwin will be the first to receive the SR-60's.

I'll be shipping these out sometime this week so both of you should have them to start off June. As indicated in the first post, each of you have the phones for 14 days, then please ship them out to the next person on the list.

Happy Listening!

May 26, 2008 at 7:19 PM Post #63 of 223
Quote:

Originally Posted by alitomr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is avery interesting idea!!

Have you added new headphones??

I think this would be an awesome thing to do with some headphone amps!!! Dont you think??

No I don't feel that way. Amps are far more fragile and prone to damage. However, if this thing ever really took off and we had manufacturers supplying the gear then it might work. This is a long way away. For now, a couple pairs of headphones to get things started.

May 26, 2008 at 8:06 PM Post #64 of 223
Is there already a european project or not?

May 27, 2008 at 1:27 AM Post #66 of 223
I can't wait. Thank you very much for this opportunity.
smily_headphones1.gif

I also have a question, since I will be the first one to audition these pair, do you (Zanth) or the community want me to burn them in specifically, or just let the burn in happen with regular use?

May 27, 2008 at 1:41 AM Post #67 of 223
Props to you first of all for starting this off.

I will probably consider this if some Senns, AKGs, Denons or ATs are added because everything I have read about grados puts me under the impression I will dislike them especially sr60, and I dont want to risk damaging the GS1000 even though I would be incredibly careful with them, I have bad luck at times. And I don't have anything decent to run it off of.

I also only have about 24 ebay feedback for buying, no head-fi or audiogon.

May 27, 2008 at 5:09 AM Post #69 of 223
Oh also, this is a great chance to get the less well known, but still very good, headphones more well known. Things like most of the AT's and older AKG's.

May 27, 2008 at 5:20 AM Post #71 of 223
Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Id like to try the GS1000s.

I know Tyrion personally =) He lives about 15mins from me, im sure he will vouch for me.

I have tested almost all the grados besides these and the RS2's.

Ive owned the MS1, SR225 and the iGrado.

I have a few cameras, will burrow a camera if i need a better one. Plan on purchasing another one.

Zanth, not sure what my vouch is worth but Dom is good people and can be trusted IMHO. I am sure Mike nad or Vickie would say the same as well.

This is a great idea and a nice community builder, thanks for stepping up and doing this.

Jun 11, 2008 at 10:24 PM Post #74 of 223
Quote:

Originally Posted by bperboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, me as well! Do we have a list yet?

Have you gotten a recent response from Zanth concerning this? I've sent a few PM's in the last 3 or so weeks and they've both gone unanswered; something which wouldn't normally sway me to post here - considering Zanth's schedule - except for the fact that I've seen him reply to a few threads in the past couple of days. Again, sorry if the OP has just been having a busy few weeks; I'm just a little curious.

Jun 11, 2008 at 10:38 PM Post #75 of 223
Quote:

Originally Posted by M0T0XGUY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you gotten a recent response from Zanth concerning this? I've sent a few PM's in the last 3 or so weeks and they've both gone unanswered; something which wouldn't normally sway me to post here - considering Zanth's schedule - except for the fact that I've seen him reply to a few threads in the past couple of days. Again, sorry if the OP has just been having a busy few weeks; I'm just a little curious.

All I've gotten is the original PM after I sent one saying I was interested in the program, but I haven't sent any more; I had actually kind of forgotten about it...
biggrin.gif
I'm not too worried, it's not like I'm actually buying the cans or anything; if it works out, it works out, and if it doesn't, I'm not losing anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back