Shure Warranty Question...
Mar 23, 2009 at 9:44 PM Post #46 of 107
I thought it was obvious from the first post that the OP was wanting to find ways to trick the CS due to his own negligence. Maybe it was just me...

But I do agree about coming clean. There was a thread here about someone's pet eating up his or her new Atrio and he/she wrote a pleading letter to Futuresonic. Result: the CS kindly sending a brand new Atrio.

Mar 23, 2009 at 9:47 PM Post #47 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought it was obvious from the first post that the OP was wanting to find ways to trick the CS due to his own negligence. Maybe it was just me...

But I do agree about coming clean. There was a thread here about someone's pet eating up his or her new Atrio and he/she wrote a pleading letter to Futuresonic. Result: the CS kindly sending a brand new Atrio.

oh yeh he's certainly intending to bend the truth, im speaking for myself ofcourse because i thought his situation was simply unlucky and telling a few porky's may help his case. but since he has now come clean i do think honesty would perhaps do him some good, especially if he does have proof of purchase and in warranty.

Mar 23, 2009 at 9:54 PM Post #48 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh yeh he's certainly intending to bend the truth, im speaking for myself ofcourse because i thought his situation was simply unlucky and telling a few porky's may help his case. but since he has now come clean i do think honesty would perhaps do him some good, especially if he does have proof of purchase and in warranty.

All I put in the problem box of the replacement form was "Rubber strain relief detached on the left earphone"...Also before I shipped away my SE530's I pulled the rubber strain relief completely out of the left earphone so Shure can see it right away and not look any further at it the earphones hopefully....
redface.gif

Mar 23, 2009 at 10:09 PM Post #49 of 107
Putting aside for the moment the ethical question, do any of you think that just maybe Shure reads the postings in this Forum?

Let's see, I want to rob a bank and I think I will solicit advice on how to do it on the Police Benevolent Society website. See you all in the slammer!

Mar 23, 2009 at 10:56 PM Post #50 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well as reported by many users on how unreliable the Shure SE530's are in the durability compartment. Well....lol....The left earphone of my SE530's is losing aesthetic credibility. The rubber piecing that connects to the earphone has come loose. My Shure SE530's has previously been attack by my keys one day when I accidentally but them in my pocket with them after forgetting the case at home...It happened in December 08 the same month I purchase them. My Shure SE530's has several holes on the casing and very slight scratches. It pissed my off the day I took em' out my pocket and saw the destruction. The sound quality till this very moment has still been superb...I purchased my Shure SE530's from a 3rd party dealer from Amazon for $295 in December 08. His username goes by "BYSELLER21". I have the receipt of the purchase date. Would Shure actually replace my beloved Shure SE530's for crisp new set?

yea they will.
they have staff to check if its genuine.
if its not then they wont of course....

i talked to shure customer rep on the phone.
he said "99.99% of the time they'll honor warranty even if its bought from an authorized dealer, because shure doesn't want to punish their customers"

Mar 23, 2009 at 11:03 PM Post #51 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by eth2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Putting aside for the moment the ethical question, do any of you think that just maybe Shure reads the postings in this Forum?

Let's see, I want to rob a bank and I think I will solicit advice on how to do it on the Police Benevolent Society website. See you all in the slammer!

yes shure may well scope the site out but its unlikely they are going to get a returned set of earphones from a guy called voltage.
floatsmile.png

Mar 23, 2009 at 11:31 PM Post #52 of 107
Sorry to hijack briefly, though it's on topic, but the rubber guard on one of my SE530 earpieces has come free/loose again (happened to my previous set) and I will have to send them in for replacement too, at some point! For such a relatively superfluous defect though, and something these hp's seem quite prone to have happen to them, judging by my experience and that of quite a few other owners here who have cited it, it pisses me off that I'll have to pay another insured postage charge just to have it replaced! I can understand Shure or any company/business covering themselves with 'back to base' policies, but, at this rate and considering the other potential build quality problems I could encounter with these hps in the future (cables, mainly), I could end up paying for these earphones again in postage charges (5-7 GBP a pop for insured delivery). It's just irritating, really and something I do begrudge paying for (eve though I understand the manufacturer, particulary in this case, has to take financially protective measures). I think it's paying for a recurring flaw that I dislike.

Mar 24, 2009 at 2:42 AM Post #53 of 107
Quote:

yes shure may well scope the site out but its unlikely they are going to get a returned set of earphones from a guy called voltage.
floatsmile.png

But it is likely they will get a returned set of earphones that look very much like the ones pictured in this thread.
biggrin.gif

Mar 24, 2009 at 4:39 AM Post #54 of 107
Quote:

telling shure the truth about your cat might actually be more helpful than lying afterall, they may feel so sorry for you that they replace them anyway lol

I agree with that... and they would probably have a laugh and send you a new pair....

Shure is not really losing much in an exchange.... they take back the broken pair and they know it is not in the interest of a customer to unnecessarily damage his/her product, pay for shipping to their service center and be without their precious audio device for 1-2 weeks...

We pay premium prices for premium service. Premium service is the kind where the customer is treated as innocent and not a criminal or animal. I suspect the only time they would not help a customer is if they saw them intentionally causing damage and trouble repeatedly.

If the cat ate your headphones 2+ times in a row, I wouldn't be surprised if they raised an eyebrow and asked some questions or sent a bill.

Mar 25, 2009 at 1:17 AM Post #56 of 107
Quote:

When Shure receives the earphones do they send out the new set the same day? Also what shipping company do they use and what shipping method is used? Overnight?

It usually takes them a day or two before sending out the replacement. I'm pretty sure they used ups ground or fedex saver to ship it out which usually takes about three days.

Mar 25, 2009 at 1:25 AM Post #57 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by analogbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It usually takes them a day or two before sending out the replacement. I'm pretty sure they used ups ground or fedex saver to ship it out which usually takes about three days.

Ok, according to UPS tracking. My SE530's should arrive at Shure's repair center tomorrow afternoon. So they should ship out the new pair by the end of the week? correct?

Mar 25, 2009 at 1:30 AM Post #58 of 107
Quote:

Ok, according to UPS tracking. My SE530's should arrive at Shure's repair center tomorrow afternoon. So they should ship out the new pair by the end of the week? correct?

I would say so but I can't guarantee it, obviously.

Mar 26, 2009 at 10:25 AM Post #59 of 107
Yesterday I got a .pdf email from Shure stating that............................My receipt has been.............................................. .....Approved!!!!

This is exactly what the .pdf said:

This automated e-mail notification confirms receipt of your Shure product for service.
Your goods will be reviewed and processed according to our service and warranty policies.
Please do not reply to this automated message. Thank you for your business.

Now I have to wait for them to ship the replacements out, hope is not too long.
Reverting to Skullcandy Ink'd earphones has to be the most crappiest experience in history. My Sennheiser CX300's were given to a family member. AArrgggh!!! I miss my precious Shure SE530's!!

Mar 26, 2009 at 10:40 AM Post #60 of 107
hey man congrats, its looking good for you, now sell the cat quick!!!.

yeh shure has good service and ofcourse the tracking provided by ups is brill. rest assured that its very likely you get a replacement in the post very soon and it wont take long at all to get the back. my whole process took 4 days, thats posting to them first class and insured and getting a new set back, i was suprised and full of praise ever since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back