Shure Warranty Question...
Mar 22, 2009 at 6:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 107

VoLTaG3

Banned
Well as reported by many users on how unreliable the Shure SE530's are in the durability compartment. Well....lol....The left earphone of my SE530's is losing aesthetic credibility. The rubber piecing that connects to the earphone has come loose. My Shure SE530's has previously been attack by my keys one day when I accidentally but them in my pocket with them after forgetting the case at home...It happened in December 08 the same month I purchase them. My Shure SE530's has several holes on the casing and very slight scratches. It pissed my off the day I took em' out my pocket and saw the destruction. The sound quality till this very moment has still been superb...I purchased my Shure SE530's from a 3rd party dealer from Amazon for $295 in December 08. His username goes by "BYSELLER21". I have the receipt of the purchase date. Would Shure actually replace my beloved Shure SE530's for crisp new set?

Mar 22, 2009 at 6:58 AM Post #2 of 107
I doubt it; but worth a try. they do seem to do it sometimes, but they certainly arent in any way bound to, since yo bought from an unauthorized dealer

Mar 22, 2009 at 7:00 AM Post #3 of 107
Best bet is to ring them and find out. I just had my E4s replaced due to the common cracked cable. I'd ordered from a US trader on ebay.

Mind you, mine were otherwise in perfect condition with no scratches or marks - they had been well looked after for two years. As yours show signs of wear and tear, it might make a difference but you won't know until you send them in.

Mar 22, 2009 at 7:03 AM Post #4 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsmr2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Best bet is to ring them and find out. I just had my E4s replaced due to the common cracked cable. I'd ordered from a US trader on ebay.

Mind you, mine were otherwise in perfect condition with no scratches or marks - they had been well looked after for two years. As yours show signs of wear and tear, it might make a difference but you won't know until you send them in.

I'm listening to my Shure SE530's now and the sound has taken no damage whatsoever....Still the amazing sound is coming from these tiny earphones. How long did it take for you to get the brand new E4 in your hands once you shipped your damaged E4's to Shure? For my 18th birthday which is this September I will be getting custom earphone's most likely the Westone ES3X's and the RSA P-51 Mustang. If Shure denies my beloved SE530's I will just crazy glue the rubber piece back on and keep using them for the remaining 5 months until I get my customs. I know...it's a long wait but the sound quality of the Shure SE530's are so amazing I really didn't see the need for customs until my birthday...Also maybe within the 5 months my ear canal shape may ever so slightly change....

Mar 22, 2009 at 7:18 AM Post #5 of 107
I sent my E4s on Monday and had the replacements by Friday.

PS I've also ordered SE530s so I'll be seeing how good they are later this week.

Mar 22, 2009 at 9:37 AM Post #6 of 107
theres a simple solution, tell shure you are not 100% satisfied with the sound, tell them you sence thier may be distortion cropping up and fear the drivers may be damaged, ask them nicely if they can send a replacement and they will very likely do this for you considering you believe their may be internal damage, even when they receive the set and ''IF'' they tested them its unlikely they will not replace them because your ears are different from thiers and they would rather replace them instead of sending what could be a faulty pair back.

if you tell them that its working fine but you damaged the outer casing then your certain to have no luck because thats your stupidity that caused the damage, they give you a case for a reason, if you forget the case then you have to find a safer place for them, theres no worse place than in a pocket with other stuff like keys.

Mar 22, 2009 at 9:56 AM Post #7 of 107
Shure's CS is usually very good.

Mar 22, 2009 at 10:54 AM Post #8 of 107
I sold my old man my old E500 PTH's, which I also bought from a US trader on Ebay, but they developed a fault and he had them replaced by a brand new set of SE530 PTH's within ten days I think it was.

I just told him to say that they were bought for him as a present, by someone who has lost the receipt.

Mar 22, 2009 at 2:36 PM Post #9 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
theres a simple solution, tell shure you are not 100% satisfied with the sound, tell them you sence thier may be distortion cropping up and fear the drivers may be damaged, ask them nicely if they can send a replacement and they will very likely do this for you considering you believe their may be internal damage, even when they receive the set and ''IF'' they tested them its unlikely they will not replace them because your ears are different from thiers and they would rather replace them instead of sending what could be a faulty pair back.

if you tell them that its working fine but you damaged the outer casing then your certain to have no luck because thats your stupidity that caused the damage, they give you a case for a reason, if you forget the case then you have to find a safer place for them, theres no worse place than in a pocket with other stuff like keys.

Imma give that a try tomorrow when their office is open.

Mar 22, 2009 at 2:45 PM Post #10 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Imma give that a try tomorrow when their office is open.

worth a try dude, but be careful what you say, make sure you make it clear to them that the sound has not deteriorated due to the outer damage bacause they will blame it on negligence and wont replace it, just tell them you have used them outdoors alot for outdoor activities and the outer damage did not effect the performance, tell them that the minor distortion is very small and hard to hear but on specific passages of music its unsettling.

they will very unlikely test the phones extensively to see if this is true and will more than likely just send you a replacement to keep you happy.

at the end of the day whats the worst that can happen, they will just send them back to you and say theres nout they can do, but at least you tried, which is better than not trying at all.

the other thing you can do is just be 100% honest, but shure has clamped down a little lately and are a little strict, your unlikely to get it replaced, so whats a little white lie gonna hurt.

Mar 22, 2009 at 2:49 PM Post #11 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
worth a try dude, but be careful what you say, make sure you make it clear to them that the sound has not deteriorated due to the outer damage bacause they will blame it on negligence and wont replace it, just tell them you have used them outdoors alot for outdoor activities and the outer damage did not effect the performance, tell them that the minor distortion is very small and hard to hear but on specific passages of music its unsettling.

they will very unlikely test the phones extensively to see if this is true and will more than likely just send you a replacement to keep you happy.

at the end of the day whats the worst that can happen, they will just send them back to you and say theres nout they can do, but at least you tried, which is better than not trying at all.

the other thing you can do is just be 100% honest, but shure has clamped down a little lately and are a little strict, your unlikely to get it replaced, so whats a little white lie gonna hurt.

What If I tell them volume on the left ear is lower than the right even tho I have tried cleaning the nozzle out and trying different tips and plugged them into many different sources?

Mar 22, 2009 at 3:08 PM Post #12 of 107
I'm new to this forum (this is my first post, in fact), but I wonder if I might have some relevant information.

I got my first set of IEM's a couple years ago (UE Super.fi 3's studios) and have loved them. But after all this time, the cables have started to fall out of their sockets routinely and one of the earbud's casings is starting to fall apart/separate. Bottom line, I figure it was a good time to think about upgrading.

I decided to go with the Shure SE530s. (Yes, I considered the Triple.fi 10's, but I thought it would be fun to try a different brand/shape/style to see which one suited me better.) I was shocked at the price differences across online retailers. Certainly some of the best prices were available only at the "sketchier"/less-official-looking sites.

Given the reputation about cord-fraying associated with the SE530's (on this forum and elsewhere), I was concerned that I might save myself $20 now by going with a no-name site only to wind up $300 out of pocket in a few months if the cords start to go and Shure won't honor the warranty.

So I did what one of the earlier posters suggested and called them up. I was bounced from customer service to someone in warranty/service. I said that I was a prospective buyer and was concerned about making sure my purchase would be eligible for warranty service. The representative said all I would need would be an invoice confirming the date of purchase (so they could tell if the purchase was less than 2 years old). I was a bit shocked, so I asked if that meant I could buy from any retailer whatsoever and that Shure would honor the warranty. And the representative said yes.

I'll admit, I'm still shocked by that response. Looking at the warranty on the Shure website, it certainly does mention the phrase "Authorized Retailer". But they don't give an official list anywhere. If something goes wrong down the road, I certainly intend to fall back on the conversation I had with the support representative.

I decided to take my shot with the cut-rate site. I'm curious, do you guys have any experience with compuplus.com? The shipment is supposed to get here tomorrow. We'll see how it goes.

Mar 22, 2009 at 3:16 PM Post #13 of 107
Shure's customer service is indeed top notch. That being said, I disagree with the mindset discussed here to take advantage of that CS by lying to fix cosmetic damage the user plainly caused. It is not a flaw in the product that you are asking Shure to address, but your own lack of care. How about owning you own actions and accepting either living with scratched phones or asking Shure to sell you some new ones at their replacement price ($145?)?

Mar 22, 2009 at 3:42 PM Post #14 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arjisme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shure's customer service is indeed top notch. That being said, I disagree with the mindset discussed here to take advantage of that CS by lying to fix cosmetic damage the user plainly caused. It is not a flaw in the product that you are asking Shure to address, but your own lack of care. How about owning you own actions and accepting either living with scratched phones or asking Shure to sell you some new ones at their replacement price ($145?)?

Umm the rubber piecing came off the left ear. I don't want any aesthetic damaged earphones....

Mar 22, 2009 at 3:47 PM Post #15 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What If I tell them volume on the left ear is lower than the right even tho I have tried cleaning the nozzle out and trying different tips and plugged them into many different sources?

might be too easy to test quickly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back