Shure Warranty Question...
Mar 22, 2009 at 3:49 PM Post #17 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arjisme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shure's customer service is indeed top notch. That being said, I disagree with the mindset discussed here to take advantage of that CS by lying to fix cosmetic damage the user plainly caused. It is not a flaw in the product that you are asking Shure to address, but your own lack of care. How about owning you own actions and accepting either living with scratched phones or asking Shure to sell you some new ones at their replacement price ($145?)?

i agree really, im naughty lol just thought its a reasonable way to get replacements.

Mar 22, 2009 at 4:23 PM Post #18 of 107
Here are some pictures of Shure SE530s so you guys can get a better perspective of how they look other than just words....

My SE530's simply laying there...
gedc1037.jpg

The left earpiece....
frown.gif

gedc1043.jpg

The holes my keys left behind. The quantity of the holes are more on the right earpiece thus reason why I showed you that earpiece.

gedc1044.jpg

Just another view of my SE530's.
gedc1047.jpg

Last view of them...
gedc1045.jpg

The rubber piece can be pushed back into place and it won't look as if it has been detached really but it will come out sometimes....Would shure really replace those???

Mar 22, 2009 at 4:31 PM Post #20 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Umm the rubber piecing came off the left ear.

Understood as you explained earlier that you put your phones in your pocket with your keys and they were damaged as a result.

Quote:

I don't want any aesthetic damaged earphones....

Who would? But own your own actions. Don't go asking Shure to fix your own mistakes. Of course you can, but it is ethically wrong.

Mar 22, 2009 at 4:43 PM Post #21 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arjisme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Understood as you explained earlier that you put your phones in your pocket with your keys and they were damaged as a result.

Who would? But own your own actions. Don't go asking Shure to fix your own mistakes. Of course you can, but it is ethically wrong.

But doesn't everyone deserve a second chance?

Mar 22, 2009 at 5:57 PM Post #22 of 107
I had my e500 sitting on my bed and a friend had sat down and put their weight on them. Despite the softness of the blanket, i heard a firm 'snap' sound. and sure enough the nozzle had cracked at the base... I thought i would have to purchase a new pair or pay for repair... when I brought them to the service center, they exchanged them for a brand new SE530 within 5 minutes--no questions asked... and this was in HK--the land of horrible support.

Shure has also exchanged my e3c for the equivalent SE series in USA when I had purchased them in HK... very impressive service i must say.

Mar 22, 2009 at 6:08 PM Post #23 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by Plex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had my e500 sitting on my bed and a friend had sat down and put their weight on them. Despite the softness of the blanket, i heard a firm 'snap' sound. and sure enough the nozzle had cracked at the base... I thought i would have to purchase a new pair or pay for repair... when I brought them to the service center, they exchanged them for a brand new SE530 within 5 minutes--no questions asked... and this was in HK--the land of horrible support.

Shure has also exchanged my e3c for the equivalent SE series in USA when I had purchased them in HK... very impressive service i must say.

What did you tell Shure?

Mar 22, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #24 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What did you tell Shure?

Nothing at all, i simply said via email that the nozzle was broken and I would like to have them repaired. They told me to bring them to the service center along with the receipt and when I arrived I handed them my broken e500, they presented a new se530 and a form for me to sign. I tested the new pair and then walked out very happy. They didn't even ask one question about 'what happened.'

The whole process was less than 5 minutes.

Mar 22, 2009 at 6:25 PM Post #25 of 107
Maybe tell them that you tried to get the stock olives off the 530's and that the rubber part you had bit of your grip on ripped when the tips wouldn't come off? That's a common problem and Shure should cover that, methinks.

Mar 22, 2009 at 6:42 PM Post #26 of 107
Yes they will. I've had 2 shure phones from 3rd party sellers and they honored the warranty on both of them, one of them was even out of warranty. When you send the phones to them, you don't necessarily have to send the receipt. It's actually optional.

Mar 22, 2009 at 7:01 PM Post #27 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by K_19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe tell them that you tried to get the stock olives off the 530's and that the rubber part you had bit of your grip on ripped when the tips wouldn't come off? That's a common problem and Shure should cover that, methinks.

aww good one

Mar 22, 2009 at 7:05 PM Post #28 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by K_19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lol. I'll use that excuse...

Mar 23, 2009 at 3:20 AM Post #30 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by Plex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Question is: will they even ask for your excuse?

IME, they never asked what happened. All I had to do was just write down what was wrong with them and send the form with the bad unit to their repair center. Is it any different now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back