Shure Warranty Question...
Mar 23, 2009 at 6:10 AM Post #31 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by analogbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IME, they never asked what happened. All I had to do was just write down what was wrong with them and send the form with the bad unit to their repair center. Is it any different now?

That is also my experience with HK and US centers. Which service center did you deal with?

I will find out next month when I return to US whether it is still that way... as my se530 is out of warranty since august 2008... and the wires have turned to 'wax' around the ears...

Mar 23, 2009 at 6:25 AM Post #33 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by Walie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
kinda ironic to see a shure fanboy trying to scam the company

Was that directed towards me or the author of the thread?

Mar 23, 2009 at 6:47 AM Post #34 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by Plex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is also my experience with HK and US centers. Which service center did you deal with?

I live in US so that's where I sent mine. I don't know which state it was but the form was sent to me via email so I don't think it would have made any difference which service center you send it to.

Mar 23, 2009 at 8:11 AM Post #35 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by analogbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I live in US so that's where I sent mine. I don't know which state it was but the form was sent to me via email so I don't think it would have made any difference which service center you send it to.

So If I just send my SE530's to Shure in US with the form and my amazon receipt stating I purchased these earphone's December 5th, 2008 and I put in the problem box "Rubber wire strain relief detached after trying to remove foam tips" they would most likely ship me a new pair even though the seller I got it from is not authorized?

Mar 23, 2009 at 3:08 PM Post #36 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So If I just send my SE530's to Shure in US with the form and my amazon receipt stating I purchased these earphone's December 5th, 2008 and I put in the problem box "Rubber wire strain relief detached after trying to remove foam tips" they would most likely ship me a new pair even though the seller I got it from is not authorized?

Do they even request that you include a reason?

You could probably just ship them as is along with the receipt.

Mar 23, 2009 at 5:11 PM Post #37 of 107
Quote:

That was the case, and I didn't even have to include the receipt. Maybe I got lucky but I've done it three times and each time I've gotten a brand new pair. So it's very probably that they'll do the same to yours.

Mar 23, 2009 at 5:18 PM Post #38 of 107
Quote:

...stating I purchased these earphone's December 5th, 2008 and I put in the problem box "Rubber wire strain relief detached after trying to remove foam tips" they would most likely ship me a new pair even though the seller I got it from is not authorized?

"Rubber wire strain relief detached" is OK, but I would leave out the part about "after trying to remove the foam tips". Better if they think it just "happened" through no action of your own.

Mar 23, 2009 at 5:21 PM Post #39 of 107
Quote:

wheres the scam? the se530 have clearly taken a beating but if the dude did only put them in his pocket with some keys they shouldnt come out looking like that.

although i personally think theres more to it than that, i mean those se530 have had a seriously bad time i do think if hes telling the truth he has a right to at least a replacement set.

ofcourse if he isnt telling the whole truth (which i kinda suspect because keys are keys not knifes
ksc75smile.gif
) then its all his fault and shure will pick up on this, i think he has a bad chance of getting a replacement when shure see the condition they are in lol.

Mar 23, 2009 at 6:47 PM Post #40 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wheres the scam? the se530 have clearly taken a beating but if the dude did only put them in his pocket with some keys they shouldnt come out looking like that.

although i personally think theres more to it than that, i mean those se530 have had a seriously bad time i do think if hes telling the truth he has a right to at least a replacement set.

ofcourse if he isnt telling the whole truth (which i kinda suspect because keys are keys not knifes
ksc75smile.gif
) then its all his fault and shure will pick up on this, i think he has a bad chance of getting a replacement when shure see the condition they are in lol.

Well I don't know about this; some people have quite a few keys on their keychain and I can certainly visualize the headphones getting tangled in his keys and then him trying to jerk the headphones free, thereby causing this damage.

Mar 23, 2009 at 7:02 PM Post #41 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by marsbound2024 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I don't know about this; some people have quite a few keys on their keychain and I can certainly visualize the headphones getting tangled in his keys and then him trying to jerk the headphones free, thereby causing this damage.

ofcourse, but anybody that would yank $500 earphones out of their pocket with the force required to cause that damage ( im talking over and over yank yank yank lol ) must be a little...lets be honest, stupid. so yes that would be his fault and its a really dumb thing to do but i cant imagine this is the case lol

Mar 23, 2009 at 9:07 PM Post #42 of 107
Ok...I guess the key thing I had said earlier was bit too way out of hand to cause those damages. *Sigh* sorry for lying to you guys who were very helpful but here is the truth on why my Shure SE530's look like they were in WW1. One night I went to sleep by my laptop and forgot to put my Shure SE530's in their case. They were laying beside my laptop near the headrest...My 4 month old cat saw the earphone wires most likely and began his attack on my precious SE530's. I woke up with a eerie feeling that something was wrong. I saw my cat near me and usually I would have thought he wanted to sleep beside but I saw something shiny next to his left paw and there they were.....foam tips destroyed at first glance. I hesitated to grab them because I had a feeling they would fall apart in my hands if i picked them up. Well they didn't... The holes in the casing you see in the pics above are the bite marks from his teeth and the scratches were from his teeth or claws. The wire wasn't damaged nor was the rubber strain believe. It leads me to think that my cat triggered the future destruction of the rubber strain relief. I was soooooo pissed I felt like throwing that cat in the microwave and hitting the defrost button. So yeah that is what REALLY happened to my Shure SE530's. I was very protective to those earphones after and before it's attack...I acknowledged they were $300+.

Today I shipped my SE530s to Shure with UPS...Expected arrival is 3/26/09 or this Thursday. Does Shure send out replacements the same day the damaged product is received?

Thanks....for reading and I am sorry for lying...my keys did not do that because every time I take my SE530's off they go in their case or a separate pocket with sufficient padding. Once again sorry for lying...
frown.gif

Mar 23, 2009 at 9:15 PM Post #43 of 107
Quote:

I am more surprised by the mods allowing a thread discussing ways to defraud a company to go on...

Mar 23, 2009 at 9:38 PM Post #45 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am more surprised by the mods allowing a thread discussing ways to defraud a company to go on...

its not about defrauding shure, or defrauding anybody, we are just trying to think of solutions for a fellow head fi-er. however after seeing what he just wrote i kinda dont feel sorry for him now lol

to voltage. telling shure the truth about your cat might actually be more helpful than lying afterall, they may feel so sorry for you that they replace them anyway lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back