Shure vs Ety's?
Jul 28, 2009 at 4:13 AM Post #50 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by coldmack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No it is not a good value.

LOL Seriously? Please, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this since you seem to know so much about all IEMs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by battleaxe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What other things can one do to the ER0? And all would agree it is worth the $99 cost right?

Nothing that I can think of. I'm not sure what you want people to do to their IEMs. Recabling is about as far as modding goes for them, but that's almost always done with IEMs that have user-replaceable cables.

Jul 28, 2009 at 4:17 AM Post #51 of 98
Quote:

No it is not a good value.

I have a pretty good temper but this guy and his posts are getting on my nerves. *Grabs glass of ice water*

Jul 28, 2009 at 4:21 AM Post #52 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by insomniax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a pretty good temper but this guy and his posts are getting on my nerves. *Grabs glass of ice water*

My sentiments exactly. I left the first thread that this guy infested with the thought that one of us was going to get banned... either him for making false claims, or me for seeking out his every post and following it up with a disclaimer.

Jul 28, 2009 at 5:51 AM Post #54 of 98
Quote:

Well the mods I kind of thought were kind of the stuff you see on Marshmellow where you like take out the foam/material inside the phone or you add a foam for better sound.

Well, the RE0s have foam filters just like marshmallows, but I really don't think adding some foam to an earphone as balanced as the RE0 will have a positive effect (and not something I'd risk doing). I modded the marshmallows only because I was bored and because they had cost me $3.99 shipped. The mod is an improvement but IMO highly overrated - you can get much better sound with some stock $20 phones. You're welcome to try it on the RE0s thought, and do please post your results
wink.gif

Jul 28, 2009 at 6:14 AM Post #56 of 98
Quote:

Well how is not a bad value?

I really shouldn't even be justifying this with a response, but I must be a budding masochist or something.

The RE0 were originally priced at $239 and intial reviews called them "competitive" at that price point. They have been compared favorably to Ety Er-4P and Shure E500, two other high-end universals. Then Head-Direct dropped the price to $169. Most of the reviews you will find use this price point, and ALL of those reviews are favorable. Indeed, the RE0s were considered a bargain for $169.

Then came Head-Direct's summer sale, during which they dropped the price to an epic $99, netting them the coveted ClieOS Sonic Diamond award for great value (
wink.gif
), along with several appreciation threads and a legion of fans.

So please, before you claim something isn't good value and if you must make such claims without actually LISTENING to the item in question, at least bother with some reading, which is overwhelmingly AGAINST what you are saying.

Jul 28, 2009 at 7:34 AM Post #57 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, the RE0s have foam filters just like marshmallows, but I really don't think adding some foam to an earphone as balanced as the RE0 will have a positive effect (and not something I'd risk doing). I modded the marshmallows only because I was bored and because they had cost me $3.99 shipped. The mod is an improvement but IMO highly overrated - you can get much better sound with some stock $20 phones. You're welcome to try it on the RE0s thought, and do please post your results
wink.gif

I actually remember seeing this mod for the RE1 that is kind of the reason for asking. I just can't find the thread for it right now.

Just out of curiosity I plan to use this with my laptop unamped, would that be much of an issue driving it? I know there is no issue driving my HD465. My old Cowon A2, and iPod Mini also didn't have an issue powering it.

Jul 28, 2009 at 7:58 AM Post #58 of 98
Quote:

I actually remember seeing this mod for the RE1 that is kind of the reason for asking. I just can't find the thread for it right now.

I was just looking at this. It's here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back