Shure - SRH750DJ Professional Headphones Review
Apr 10, 2010 at 2:16 AM Post #31 of 38
wow thats a great price, i paid full price for mine

i can only think of a few cans that dont lack anywhere, not including comfort or cord

senn hd 485
jvchas700
shure 750dj

ive used a dozens of headphones extensively in my time and almost all of the major popular headphones, these are the only three ive ever listened to that are actually affordable to normal humans

Apr 20, 2010 at 3:35 PM Post #32 of 38
I don't know about you guys, but after using my Shure 750DJ for 2 months, I noticed a decrease in the bass from the drivers compared to a brand new set...does anyone have the same experience? I've just replaced it with a new set from my local distro.

Jun 17, 2010 at 7:27 PM Post #33 of 38
I got the srh750djs at futureshop for $129.00. Absolutely loved them(gave my 840s to my son). I just hooked them up to a cobra d10(bassio) amp  WOW!!!  Incredible sound. I listen to all genres except rap and am extremely pleased. I thought the 840s were good but these are superb!!

Jun 17, 2010 at 8:12 PM Post #34 of 38
Quote:
I got the srh750djs at futureshop for $129.00. Absolutely loved them(gave my 840s to my son). I just hooked them up to a cobra d10(bassio) amp  WOW!!!  Incredible sound. I listen to all genres except rap and am extremely pleased. I thought the 840s were good but these are superb!!

What in particular do they do different?

Jun 18, 2010 at 4:04 AM Post #35 of 38
For me, Its all about the bass. You can really hear it played very cleanly. My daughter is a senior at university(jazz performance studies) and plays the double bass. I listen to some of her work, and I can sure tell when shes good or bad!! The seperation seems about the same. I never did use the amp with the 840s though, so I probably did not use them to their full potential.

Jul 9, 2010 at 11:54 AM Post #37 of 38

Quote:
Sorry...I don't agree that the bass on the 840 is too powerful and harsh. I find my 840 do classical music very well for a closed phone... chamber music and full orchestral.
I'll take a pass on the 750DJ.
I'll stick to Denons for a closed musical headphone.

Yes, I agree. I've never heard the 750DJ, but to be honest, the 840 is the best all-around headphone I've ever heard, as Germancub said to me. I even sold my Grado 325 because I liked the Shures better for rock.

Just my $0.02.

Sep 1, 2011 at 6:51 PM Post #38 of 38
I got them for $84 at Future Shop, the left earpad was dented for some reason, and the headband becomes FLAT on size max! So it looks like this 
jecklinsmile.gif
on my head, and hurts. It's a bit small for my head. I rate it 3/5 for comfort. Sound is great though. Deep extendable bass, crisp highs. But for some reason the sound is panned toward right. Is it just me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back