Shure SRH750DJ headphones appreciation thread.
Sep 27, 2011 at 6:45 PM Post #136 of 219
If you think stock 750dj are great, you should definitely try modding them. Here is a simple trick:

-> remove pads
-> using a double sided tape(like with some thickness) cut a narrow strip (1cm) & apply it to the inner edge of pads.
-> If you apply tape on the outer edge , there is greater clamping force so avoid this.
-> Fix the pads onto the plastic cups

Result:
->Feels softer/Added depth to pads that prevents your ear from touching the plastic cups.
->AWESOME CLARITY! MIDS ARE FORWARD TO AN EXTENT THAT YOU MAY TOTALLY IMMERSE.
->Blacker background
->Slightly aggressive sound

TIP -
Before applying tape what can be done is , remove pads -> place them onto plastic cups -> wear & feel the difference -> If u like the result apply tape
OR
Remove pad from one cup -> Leave other one as it is -> Place the removed pad onto plastic cup -> Wear -> You'll easily notice that there is a veil one one end while the other has blacker background & is very clear

Oct 19, 2011 at 7:57 PM Post #139 of 219
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/shure-shure-headband-headphones-srh750dj-srh750dj/10141945.aspx?path=1b904bd496d01254689de60378603269en02&lang=en-CA&pcname=&sku=10141945&ActiveTab=Tab_custReview

Shure is a subdivision of Monster? I'm not sure if the reviewer knows what s/he is talking about.

Nov 2, 2011 at 12:39 AM Post #140 of 219
I just got two cans, Shure 750's and B&W P5's. I can tell you the 750's sounds much better (it is noticeable). The P5's are cooler, good stuff to show off. P5's are comfortable. 750's provide detailed and natural sound. In my opinion, P5's for your office, 750's for your music room.

Nov 2, 2011 at 6:57 AM Post #141 of 219

Quote:
I just got two cans, Shure 750's and B&W P5's. I can tell you the 750's sounds much better (it is noticeable). The P5's are cooler, good stuff to show off. P5's are comfortable. 750's provide detailed and natural sound. In my opinion, P5's for your office, 750's for your music room.

...or you stop caring what others think and just use what sounds best ^^

Nov 5, 2011 at 11:34 PM Post #142 of 219
I am resurrecting this thread to say i repurchased these again because i missed their sound. Is it just me or did they improve the build quality. It feels and looks much more solid on this pair then my last pair. Now that i own both the srh840 and srh750dj i can assure anyone that they both sound practically identical except that the srh750dj has sub bass and the srh840 is recessed there. Sometimes i can't tell which headphones i'm listening to and that's a good thing. But if i'm listening to bass heavy music then these due shine. I also feel the treble is better then the shure srh840. Makes rock and metal sound much better then on the srh840. Overall i prefer the srh840. It's just much clearer and overall a more flat headphone.

Also for some reasons they are really comfortable to me which is not what i remembered. Did they fix some issues or is it just me?

Nov 6, 2011 at 6:17 AM Post #143 of 219
Great news to hear you back on your first headphones! Are they that similar to the SRH840? I remember you saying how much better the mids on the SRH840 were.

And lately I've been noticing how good their highs are 0.0 definitely not something I expected from a DJ headphone.

Nov 6, 2011 at 10:40 AM Post #144 of 219

I have the Beats Detox pro and the Shure 750DJ.  I find the Shure have more clearity on high and mids, stronger mids, good bass. and the Detox Pro being amazing bass, good highs and decent mid.  Less detail on the sound of the Pros. The bass on the Pros is very well control and not over done which i really like.  I ended up selling the Shure because the Pros are more fun to listen to.
Quote:
has anyone compared teh beats pros and the shure srh750djs. if so what are your thoughts. i think i liked the pros better.
biggrin.gif

Nov 6, 2011 at 12:38 PM Post #145 of 219

Quote:
Great news to hear you back on your first headphones! Are they that similar to the SRH840? I remember you saying how much better the mids on the SRH840 were.

And lately I've been noticing how good their highs are 0.0 definitely not something I expected from a DJ headphone.

They are quite close. In fact nearly identical. The only difference is the srh750dj has better extended treble and more bass. Mids are slightly scooped but not by a lot.

Feb 19, 2012 at 7:44 PM Post #146 of 219
just bought these an hour ago and still they sound great! doing a burn in right now and can tell within 30 minutes they sound a little better. alot of people say there good with an amp. so what would you guys suggest for a good cheap priced amp? ill be using it either on a blackberry playbook or ipod nano 4th gen chromatic..or 3rd gen. the one without a camera any suggestions would be great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back