Shure SRH750DJ Appreciation Thread
Nov 17, 2009 at 4:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

nightshadezero

New Head-Fier
I got my first set of cans today (Yes, I'm aware of the slippery slope that leads to regarding my wallet!) Since I'm relatively new at this whole 'audiophile' stuff, I can't truly appreciate it yet, but they sound great to my ears! Also, I don't know why there's so little info on these.

Anyway, I chose these since I've been using SE110's for a while now, and I thought I needed an upgrade. Since I loved the sound of them, (and I live close to the beautiful Shure HQ building (I know, that's a terrible reason!)) I decided to stick with the brand. I originally looked at 440's/840's, but they're a but ugly for my taste (yes, appearances matter a bit for me.) When saw the DJ's, I had found my match! Anyway, enough irrelevant talk. I have some pics!

DSC00356.jpg

DSC00357.jpg

DSC00358.jpg

DSC00359.jpg

DSC00360.jpg

DSC00361.jpg

DSC00363.jpg

Nov 17, 2009 at 5:35 AM Post #2 of 25
nice looking headphones there, funny how shure switched from its subtle looks to the pimpy dj headphone looks. i have a lot of respect for this company and im looking forward to your impressions, lets see

Nov 18, 2009 at 9:48 PM Post #3 of 25
Alright, so far the headphones sound great, but the cord really pisses me off! As you could see in the pics, its one of those curly, stretchy cords. It's too long for me to just walk around with. I have to keep the slack of the cord in the pocket of my hoodie! I would have much rather preferred a straight cable.

Nov 18, 2009 at 9:54 PM Post #4 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by nightshadezero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alright, so far the headphones sound great, but the cord really pisses me off! As you could see in the pics, its one of those curly, stretchy cords. It's too long for me to just walk around with. I have to keep the slack of the cord in the pocket of my hoodie! I would have much rather preferred a straight cable.

i guess the cable is being part of a DJ headphones, not getting in the way of basic movement, but i guess DJ's wouldn't look cool if they tripped over a 3m cable.

Nov 19, 2009 at 11:13 PM Post #5 of 25
Are you using the headphones for actual DJ'ing or just listening. I ask because I want to get some legitimate feedback from DJ's on these headphones compared to the king of DJ Headphones the Sennheiser HD-25.

May 26, 2010 at 8:27 AM Post #8 of 25
May I ask if 750dj's box are not sealed when in store?

I'm about to buy a pair, but when I saw it wasn't sealed, I think twice, it was the only pair the store has, and they didn't have a demo unit.. I just don't like to get a demo unit.

Jul 6, 2010 at 7:41 PM Post #11 of 25

Quote:
May I ask if 750dj's box are not sealed when in store?

I'm about to buy a pair, but when I saw it wasn't sealed, I think twice, it was the only pair the store has, and they didn't have a demo unit.. I just don't like to get a demo unit.

Mine had a circular bit of tape placed over the latch for opening the box. It wasn't plastic wrapped.

I love these headphones for general listening. They work great with my laptop.

Jul 7, 2010 at 4:47 AM Post #12 of 25
How's the comfort? (Heard it's not so great)

Jul 7, 2010 at 7:44 AM Post #13 of 25
The 750 dj is unique.  It's pads are stiff and not at all soft or comfortable, however due to the headband and the lack of clamp, its angle and the design of the headband conforming to your head, it is very comfortable and the pressure is taken off your ears.

its weird and hard to describe

Jul 7, 2010 at 10:54 AM Post #14 of 25
I just bought an SRH750DJ as well and i agree with the above post, it don't find it uncomfortable at all.
The pads are a little shallow, and my ears slightly touch the speakers, but because its covered with a soft textile and there's little clamping force, it doesn't bother me.

I was actually quite surprised about the comfort. Since i'm used to the HD 555 and HD 600, i expected the worst.
The SRH750 looks a lot less comfortable then it actually is imo.

Jul 7, 2010 at 12:11 PM Post #15 of 25
Cool, so maybe with bigger pads would improve comfort. How about weight?
Guess I should also get a straight cable if I try them out myself. (but still waiting for a few more reviews, impressions etc)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back