Shure SRH750DJ and Audio Technica M50 for portable use????
Mar 17, 2011 at 12:00 AM Post #31 of 52

Quote:
I don't really think it will damage anything as long as you don't braid it too tightly.
I would say cris0631 has it perfect while NRgz28 may have it a little tight.
And yes, I really feel like doing it as well. I will do it once I start using it for portable use but right now I got em hooked up to my PC. I will possibly do it on other headphones though.

*edit` Cris, you should make a new thread that shows a complete guide how to do it since I couldn't find anything on single cable braiding on Head-fi via search.

*edit` #2 Okay, so I decided to practice on my external hard drive power source (looks like a laptop charger) and started braiding it and I was completely confused at first, but then i managed to get the braids started, and from there it was common sense in a matter of seconds.

I got 1 side done, the other side is just getting started
So Here is a picture:

Well, will you look at that! Looks nice. I think braiding might be deep seeded skill of us humans. Aha.

Mar 17, 2011 at 12:06 AM Post #32 of 52
I wish I've gotten the straight version of the 840 so I could have braided it. Oh well.
I think I originally got this idea subconsciously b/z I saw an episode of How it's Made, on Hammocks. :D Isn't the human mind crazy?

I wonder if you can braid it in the other ways like the chain stitch. OR maybe the DRAGONFLY? :p

Mar 17, 2011 at 12:12 AM Post #33 of 52

Looks good. I I finished mine off by putting a little heat-shrink tubing on end.

It will look wriggly if you unbraid it....I'm thinking it will be actually stronger with braid.

You think I should?...The process is pretty simple. The link should provide all you need to know. I did mine the right way through the tutorial.  When you're braiding it, you can easily see if you made a mistake b/c it'll start to twist around if you do. OR, you can get a lady friend to do it for you! :D

I was more worried that you'd break the wires inside, actually, but I guess if the braid is loose it should be ok...

Mar 17, 2011 at 12:43 AM Post #35 of 52

Quote:
Wow, you guys are making me wish I had gotten a straight cable. These are cool.

Lol it's an idea that I have never seen before on Head-Fi. I'm amazed myself! Why didn't anyone think of this before?...

Anyways, as long as the cable is about as loose as the 1 I have in my picture (the laptop charger looking thing), then the inside of the cable should not break because all it is, is the cable going in a loose wavy pattern.
Though the charger cable was 2 times thicker than my M50 cable.

Quote:
I think I originally got this idea subconsciously b/z I saw an episode of How it's Made, on Hammocks. :D Isn't the human mind crazy?

What season & episode was it? lol

Mar 17, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #36 of 52
Lol it's an idea that I have never seen before on Head-Fi. I'm amazed myself! Why didn't anyone think of this before?...

Anyways, as long as the cable is about as loose as the 1 I have in my picture (the laptop charger looking thing), then the inside of the cable should not break because all it is, is the cable going in a loose wavy pattern.
Though the charger cable was 2 times thicker than my M50 cable.

What season & episode was it? lol

I actually think I saw someone else braid the cable on their M50s a month or so ago actually...

Mar 18, 2011 at 1:50 AM Post #38 of 52
haha. Wow, soon your gonna be doing braids on every cable you see
biggrin.gif

Mar 18, 2011 at 5:26 AM Post #40 of 52
I just braided my M30's. It looks SICK!

Mar 18, 2011 at 6:59 AM Post #41 of 52
Here's a pic..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back