Shure SRH 940 impression and support thread
Apr 18, 2011 at 1:42 PM Post #226 of 3,855
This is crazy, though sweetwater still claims they will have it the week of 5/08.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SRH940

"It's Arriving Soon!
We've confirmed this item will ship soon from Shure and should arrive in our warehouse the week of 5/08. Go ahead, place your order now. We will ship it immediately, the very same day we receive it from Shure.

Why wait?
We have a great relationship with Shure and we'll receive this item as soon or sooner than anyone else in the country."

Apr 19, 2011 at 12:45 AM Post #227 of 3,855
week 5/08 ?
what date is that in, uhm, human language?

May 4, 2011 at 8:24 AM Post #229 of 3,855
dammit.
the SRH940 are now on ebay.
and i've wasted all my money on bying Audio-technica's w1000x's just a few days ago.

May 5, 2011 at 7:23 AM Post #231 of 3,855
Quote:
dammit.
the SRH940 are now on ebay.
and i've wasted all my money on bying Audio-technica's w1000x's just a few days ago.

Edit: Nevermind, I found it.  There is a seller on Amazon also selling the SRH940.  Which begs the question-anyone want to take one for the team?  Pretty please?
biggrin.gif

May 5, 2011 at 9:37 AM Post #232 of 3,855
I find it a little worrisome that only ONE seller is offering the SRH-940, on both EBay and Amazon, when there are hundreds of Shure dealers.  I bet you dollars to donuts they are not actually in stock at that dealer, who is just jumping the gun to get pre-orders.

May 5, 2011 at 2:36 PM Post #233 of 3,855

Quote:
I find it a little worrisome that only ONE seller is offering the SRH-940, on both EBay and Amazon, when there are hundreds of Shure dealers.  I bet you dollars to donuts they are not actually in stock at that dealer, who is just jumping the gun to get pre-orders.

My thoughts exactly, although I did find a second seller which claims they are "available" not through amazon or ebay.  I'm personally waiting until several sellers offer them through amazon I think, that way I can give them the 30 run and return them if I decide they aren't the portable I'm looking for.

The current seller does exchange only for returns, and the non-ebay/amazon seller does 14 day returns with piles of fees

May 6, 2011 at 12:57 AM Post #234 of 3,855

Quote:
My thoughts exactly, although I did find a second seller which claims they are "available" not through amazon or ebay.  I'm personally waiting until several sellers offer them through amazon I think, that way I can give them the 30 run and return them if I decide they aren't the portable I'm looking for.

The current seller does exchange only for returns, and the non-ebay/amazon seller does 14 day returns with piles of fees

i got to ask shure and they said it was already released. from what i understand shipments start tomorrow.

May 6, 2011 at 4:00 PM Post #235 of 3,855
I bought a pair on eBay and asked the seller when they would ship. Their response:

Quote:
Thanks for your purchase. I just spoke to our shipping 
department. We had so many sales on this item on the first day, that we 
have sold out. We were supposed to receive more today, but it looks like 
Monday before more arrive. 

If it is ok, we will ship as soon as they 
arrive in our warehouse.

We do apologize for the delay.

May 6, 2011 at 7:20 PM Post #236 of 3,855
I think you dun got hoodwinked.

May 6, 2011 at 9:19 PM Post #237 of 3,855
It looks like they're officially out, as a few sellers on Amzon have them in stock with one them being a featured merchant.

May 6, 2011 at 10:24 PM Post #240 of 3,855

Users who are viewing this thread

Back