SHURE SRH 750 DJ or AKG K 181 DJ ??
Aug 1, 2011 at 3:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Arvan

500+ Head-Fier
My guess is that they sound pretty similar, in that case which should i go for?

Both are ugly so the main question is quality..The AKGs that i got just wont die on me, still looks like new after years of every day use. But Shure know what they are doing also.

I want something fun that packs a good punch so what ive read this is a rather good choice? 

Aug 1, 2011 at 3:58 AM Post #2 of 6
Dunno about the Shures. The K181 DJ's are supposed to sound slightly better than the AKG K81's but it's really not noticeable imo. I would say go for the AKG's(K81 if you wanna save money) and get Senn HD25 velour replacement pads for them. That's what I did with my K81's, much more comfortable and sound better than the stock pleather pads. K81's/181's have a punchier bass than the Shure's.

Aug 1, 2011 at 8:18 AM Post #4 of 6
      Quote:
Hd25 pads you say? Seens like they are quite smaller? Will they fit just right out the bag?
Thanx for reply
smily_headphones1.gif

They were a tad smaller than the stock pleather pads but with a little ingenuity I figured out how to get them on easily. I can make a video tutorial if you want. Here's a pic of mine on my K81's.

Aug 1, 2011 at 7:17 PM Post #6 of 6
I have owned the Shure SRH750DJ and they are quite good. Really bassy, but their durability isn't the greatest. Although what they lack in durability they make up for in sound quality. These are bang for the buck and if you run into any issues Shure will replace them no questions asked. Having used Shure's customer support on a different pair of headphones I know they are good. You are guaranteed for 2 years if you buy them. Just keep your receipt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back