Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Nov 12, 2013 at 9:47 AM Post #394 of 22,945
BTW Lady Gaga's new album, ArtPop, is a fantastic recording for testing out quality of the bass. First track, for example, the synth bassline is delicate and full both, it's going to sound either highly impactful or muddy, depending on the quality of your transducer. Definitely check this out with the SE846!

Nov 12, 2013 at 10:06 AM Post #395 of 22,945
BTW Lady Gaga's new album, ArtPop, is a fantastic recording for testing out quality of the bass. First track, for example, the synth bassline is delicate and full both, it's going to sound either highly impactful or muddy, depending on the quality of your transducer. Definitely check this out with the SE846!

I would rather listen to pink noise at full volume. I think my SE846 would melt if I played Gaga or Beiber through them.

Nov 12, 2013 at 10:17 AM Post #396 of 22,945
I would rather listen to pink noise at full volume. I think my SE846 would melt of I played Gaga or Beiber through them.

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Nov 12, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #398 of 22,945
LOL. Let's not let Gaga or Bieber sidetrack this thread. Does anyone have any extensive experience with the Shure SE530 and now own the SE846 to have an opinion about what kind of upgrade, in terms of timbre, soundstage, layering/texture, density, and PRaT with the SE846 over the SE530?

I have owned the SE530 for more than 5 years and I can describe them as non-fatiguing, as the treble is rolled off quite a bit; musical and best with vocals, as the mid-range is sweet; but details can be muddy, and can sound a bit "thick". I don't consider them lacking in bass, as I'm not a basshead, but the definition can be improved.

How can you describe the sonics upgrades with the SE846 over the SE530? I think more people may own the SE535 rather than the previous version, and what sort of difference was with the SE535 over the 530? (I will try to make the extrapolation within my head, ha ha.)

Nov 13, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #400 of 22,945
I put the black filters on this morning (the "warm" ones). Now I'm clucking myself on the head for not trying them sooner. The black filters are the better ones for vocals (to me) yielding an overall thicker note. They may end up being my favorite.

Nov 13, 2013 at 10:40 PM Post #403 of 22,945
Of course I'm listening, but I'm not a huge fan of changing the filters because it's rather annoying to get the screws/nozzles on as tightly as they came originally. Perhaps I'm just mechanically dumb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back