Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Apr 9, 2023 at 3:09 PM Post #22,591 of 22,945
If we leave the Fetishistic part aside (they look astonishing), the much better ergonomics than the stock cable, this 8-core Tripowin makes them sound a bit more detailed, though maybe that's because the sub-bass is a little cropped.
Any other suggestions for ergonomic cables for se846, especially from old-timers of this thread, would be much appreciated.

SE846-Tripowin-1.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2023 at 6:46 AM Post #22,592 of 22,945
If we leave the Fetishistic part aside (they look astonishing), the much better ergonomics than the stoke cable, this 8-core Tripowin makes them sound a bit more detailed, though maybe that's because the sub-bass is a little cropped.
Any other suggestions for ergonomic cables for se846 would be appreciated, especially from old-timers of this thread, would be much appreciated.

SE846-Tripowin-1.jpg
The "ALO Super Litz 4 Core Audio HIFI Cable Solaris Earphone Cable 3.5/2.5/4.4 MM Plug Jack MMCX Headset Headphone Balanced Cables" available on Aliexpress (I won't post a link but you can find them if you search) are superb cables and work well with the se846.

Apr 14, 2023 at 5:20 PM Post #22,593 of 22,945
I need to buy an MP3 player - not too expensive. I need advice on which one to buy, please. (tyia!!!) I was going to buy Sony Walkman NW-A55, but Amazon doesn't have it and is promoting this one:

HIFI WALKER H2, High Resolution MP3 Player with Bluetooth, DSD DAC, HiFi Portable Digital Audio Player Lossless Hi Res Music Player with 64GB Memory Card, Support Up to 256GB​

Apr 14, 2023 at 5:28 PM Post #22,594 of 22,945
I need to buy an MP3 player - not too expensive. I need advice on which one to buy, please. (tyia!!!) I was going to buy Sony Walkman NW-A55, but Amazon doesn't have it and is promoting this one:

HIFI WALKER H2, High Resolution MP3 Player with Bluetooth, DSD DAC, HiFi Portable Digital Audio Player Lossless Hi Res Music Player with 64GB Memory Card, Support Up to 256GB​

Wouldn't be enough GB for me.

Apr 21, 2023 at 11:30 AM Post #22,598 of 22,945
Could someone please recommend some tips that are similar to the Shure black foam tips but for wide boar iems.

I’ve adapted the normal Shure foams tips for wide boar by cutting a slit in them. It’s not perfect but it sort of works. I’ve tried other foam tips including Comply but they don’t sound the same. The Shure tips have a particular density and coating on the outside I’ve yet to find anywhere else. If anyone could recommend something similar for wide boar iems it would be greatly appreciated.

Apr 21, 2023 at 6:44 PM Post #22,599 of 22,945
Could someone please recommend some tips that are similar to the Shure black foam tips but for wide boar iems.

I’ve adapted the normal Shure foams tips for wide boar by cutting a slit in them. It’s not perfect but it sort of works. I’ve tried other foam tips including Comply but they don’t sound the same. The Shure tips have a particular density and coating on the outside I’ve yet to find anywhere else. If anyone could recommend something similar for wide boar iems it would be greatly appreciated.

I use SonicFoam tips, available on Amazon. SF2 for my wide-bore Sony and SF3 for narrow-bore Shure. Excellent quality and better seal than Comply or Shure.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2023 at 2:49 PM Post #22,601 of 22,945
Yep,
Shure BT2/ aptx HD: more neutral and close to wired, more microdetail
NYX BT+/LDAC: deeper more dynamic-driver sounding bass, bit of veiled treble, wider stage.
Both: great battery
Shure BT2 does not have aptx HD.

Apr 27, 2023 at 3:13 PM Post #22,602 of 22,945
Shure BT2 does not have aptx HD.

The Shure website for the RMCE-BT2 states:

"Support for multiple codecs. Qualcomm® aptX™ audio, aptX™ HD, aptX™ Low Latency, AAC, and SBC enable superior digital audio."

Apr 27, 2023 at 4:30 PM Post #22,603 of 22,945
The Shure website for the RMCE-BT2 states:

"Support for multiple codecs. Qualcomm® aptX™ audio, aptX™ HD, aptX™ Low Latency, AAC, and SBC enable superior digital audio."
My apologies. I thought he was talking about the TWS2.

Apr 28, 2023 at 1:11 AM Post #22,604 of 22,945
20230428_074354.jpg

This BT2 adapter is one damn reliable piece of equipment.
Having said that, I prefer having the 846s on NYX even more than having them wired these days. It takes full advantage of 846's subbass capabilities and with the white filters in, the upper register is amended leaving a bassy yet detailed soundscape to present.
I pick these up more often now than before for music listening even more than other IEMs that came to replace my Shures on preference lately.

Apr 28, 2023 at 4:02 AM Post #22,605 of 22,945
If we leave the Fetishistic part aside (they look astonishing), the much better ergonomics than the stock cable, this 8-core Tripowin makes them sound a bit more detailed, though maybe that's because the sub-bass is a little cropped.
Any other suggestions for ergonomic cables for se846, especially from old-timers of this thread, would be much appreciated.

SE846-Tripowin-1.jpg
I have mine paired with the labkable amethyst that I felt was one of the best matches, awesome clarity and details but I think ea Cleopatra ii will work wonders with it if the budget permits

Users who are viewing this thread

Back