Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Aug 2, 2016 at 9:34 PM Post #15,781 of 22,945
Anyone here can compare se846 to lcd x the differences, which is better at one thing and not the other?, I used to have se846, but it was stolen, and I may have the opportunity for a lcd x around Xmas

I have both and the Mojo as well. The sound signature is very similar. The LCD-X obviously throws a much bigger sound stage and layers everything in it extremely well with the right gear. SE846 more or less sounds like a narrower "inside your head" version. LCD-X is definitely a little warmer sounding with less forward mids and treble than the se846. Bass impact and control is basically the same with both which is a huge accomplishment for the se846 since the Xs are pretty much the best in the business at bass. Other than that they're both very similar through the Mojo.

Aug 3, 2016 at 1:55 AM Post #15,782 of 22,945
I have both and the Mojo as well. The sound signature is very similar. The LCD-X obviously throws a much bigger sound stage and layers everything in it extremely well with the right gear. SE846 more or less sounds like a narrower "inside your head" version. LCD-X is definitely a little warmer sounding with less forward mids and treble than the se846. Bass impact and control is basically the same with both which is a huge accomplishment for the se846 since the Xs are pretty much the best in the business at bass. Other than that they're both very similar through the Mojo.

confirm!
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 3, 2016 at 5:45 AM Post #15,783 of 22,945
Anyone here can compare se846 to lcd x the differences, which is better at one thing and not the other?, I used to have se846, but it was stolen, and I may have the opportunity for a lcd x around Xmas

Well the bass and timber part ( best in biz) I'll take exception too and say check out th900 or even better la900 full Lawton upgrade. 846 doesn't stand in the same path as fostex for bass slam and that fun feeling of being live with the tunes. 846 to me is more like hd800S, but I digress as the iem to over ear comparisons are moot. Go for over ear if sq or dimension is the factor.

Aug 3, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #15,784 of 22,945

With which filter was that?

Aug 3, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #15,785 of 22,945
So am I right that it's like $22 to get the Knowles dampers in hand? I was just going to grab 6 each of Brown, Red, and Green. 

Aug 3, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #15,786 of 22,945
hearing aid filters? what evs

Aug 3, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #15,788 of 22,945
Aug 4, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #15,791 of 22,945
Just forgot to take away my SE846 from my pants and put it in the washing machine. Wash for around 2 minute... Now they are surrounded by tissue. Any other advice now?

Pray. Don't wash and repeat.

Aug 4, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #15,792 of 22,945
  Just forgot to take away my SE846 from my pants and put it in the washing machine. Wash for around 2 minute... Now they are surrounded by tissue. Any other advice now?

I guess you should follow this strategy:

• Short term - stop things getting worse - remove the wet tissue paper, then remove the tips to let them dry thoroughly (or worst case throw them away, because they are replaceable)
  • Mid term - orient the 846 so that the eartube is pointing downwards, so that any water ingress can drain away. After a few hours, then place the 846 in a warm environment, to allow any residual water to evaporate
  • Long term - that depends if the 846 still work after all that drying.

Aug 4, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #15,793 of 22,945
Aug 4, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #15,795 of 22,945
hi Friends plz help me
i have a shure se846 and fiio x7.
What is the best cable upgarde in range 500$ us???
plussound x8 silver plated copper good sound with se846???
my music edm and vocal trance.

just go back a one or two pages were there are 7 links from people answering the infamous cable question. mine are not in your price range and the cue is long anyways. just an fyi.. you can also type in the search box whatever cable type you like and get forums, comparisons, descriptions etc. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back