Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Aug 4, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #15,796 of 22,945
  Just forgot to take away my SE846 from my pants and put it in the washing machine. Wash for around 2 minute... Now they are surrounded by tissue. Any other advice now?

Good excuse to order the latest Noble IEM? :p

Aug 4, 2016 at 7:01 PM Post #15,797 of 22,945
hi Friends plz help me
i have a shure se846 and fiio x7.
What is the best cable upgarde in range 500$ us???
plussound x8 silver plated copper good sound with se846???
my music edm and vocal trance.

I know that Moon Audio has decent cables for the SE846.  I haven't tried them, just going on the posts.  You should correspond with Drew about your music and upstream rig - the silver vs. copper cables sound completely different.
https://www.moon-audio.com/dragon-audio-cables/iem-earphone.html

Personally, I have the Forza hybrid cables which I like a lot.  They are more neutral cables and a fair price.  Will ship international, from Warsaw, Poland.  I use the Forza cables with the blue (unmodded) filters and my upstream rig (see signature line) and the SQ is great.
http://forzaaudioworks.com/en/product.php?id_product=75

Enjoy your music,
RCBinTN

Aug 4, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #15,798 of 22,945
hi Friends plz help me
i have a shure se846 and fiio x7.
What is the best cable upgarde in range 500$ us???
plussound x8 silver plated copper good sound with se846???
my music edm and vocal trance.

My personal opinion from doing my own research and conversations with several retailers. If you're going to spend ANY significant money on an aftermarket cable ($150+), do so from somebody that is going to provide repair service in the future if you have a problem. I'll probably make myself unpopular here but...if you're looking at a cable that has molded connectors and terminations on it, is prepackaged and costs $150+...I'd suggest looking at another retailer. Because they don't have the ability or the desire to do anything to help you if a problem develops down the road (I've had this conversation with a recommended retailer). Buy from somebody on the same continent as you. If you're in France...buy from the European market or buy from somebody that will back their cable for as long as necessary...like a custom cable shop. 
Think about it this way...have you ever had a phone, USB or stock headphone cable that you've owned for longer than 6 months, use regularly and still works perfectly? Take that same idea and attach a $150+ price tag to it. Because that's the relationship that you're buying into when purchasing a premium cable. 

Aug 5, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #15,801 of 22,945
Posting to Time Stamp these photos in case I decide to let these go (aka sell them). Everything in the pic just arrived today and I picked them up at UPS. I most likely won't sell, but in case I do, any usage at all will be from this date 8/5 forward. I'll do an A/B with the 8's and Andromeda's. Now I understand why folks have small collections of Head-Fi gear...lol

Aug 5, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #15,802 of 22,945
  Posting to Time Stamp these photos in case I decide to let these go (aka sell them). Everything in the pic just arrived today and I picked them up at UPS. I most likely won't sell, but in case I do, any usage at all will be from this date 8/5 forward. I'll do an A/B with the 8's and Andromeda's. Now I understand why folks have small collections of Head-Fi gear...lol

You have the 2 iems that work best with Sony ZX2.Time to buy,a used one on sale/trade forums,get a couple of cables with TRRS plug and enjoy superb/musical audio bliss and a nice change from your clinical (still great ofc)QP1R.

Aug 5, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #15,803 of 22,945
  You have the 2 iems that work best with Sony ZX2.Time to buy,a used one on sale/trade forums,get a couple of cables with TRRS plug and enjoy superb/musical audio bliss and a nice change from your clinical (still great ofc)QP1R.

I won't say that it hasn't crossed my mind. It'll be interesting to see how my listening changes now that I'm not straight out with school work. In all honesty, my gear hasn't seen much use since I joined the forum a couple of years ago. My home audio is what see's the most use. I use the Coax out from my X5 and just let it shuffle. Only place I've spent time with my Head-Fi gear is lying in bed before I fall asleep. When I'm writing at my laptop, I'm sitting right in front of my home system listed below. I've got a lot of coin tied up in gear that doesn't get used much. I haven't had much room to breath since returning to school 2 1/2 years ago. If anything...buying new gear frequently effected my ability to focus on class assignments. But I'm still considering the Sony ZX2...lol. 

Pioneer SC-65 AVR
Klipsch Heresy's (II's) x6 (Different vintages / upgraded X-overs)
Klipsch RS-3's (Height speakers in the above surround set-up)
Velodyne HGS-12 Sub (completely rebuilt)
Sony PS3 - BluRay
Rotel RCD 951[HDCD]
Rotel RDV 986

Aug 6, 2016 at 11:30 AM Post #15,805 of 22,945
[COLOR=111111]zx2 - will sound good with these headphones![/COLOR]

I can't help but agree based on simply knowing that so many members own and love it. But at this exact point in time, I find myself having too many new pieces of gear to be able to justify another purchase just to have another option to choose from. Upgrading makes sense... Adding, not so much. Today, I'm simply trying to decide whether to take the newly received 8's out of the sealed packages. The 8's vs the Andros are almost night and day, with both bringing their own uniqueness to the party. Inevitably, regardless of the pieces of equipment, there will always be the preferred "go to." At which point I am faced with the decision of "why keep the other?" I'm not wanting to think about that decision right now.

Aug 6, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #15,806 of 22,945
What are these knowles dampers, and what is this blue filter mod? I'd love some more soundstage with these bad boys but do these mods change tonal balance or just open up the sound?

Aug 6, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #15,807 of 22,945
What are these knowles dampers, and what is this blue filter mod? I'd love some more soundstage with these bad boys but do these mods change tonal balance or just open up the sound?

Rather than me try and fail to accurately summarize the content, go back about 25 pages on this thread and read forward. There is extensive information about your questions including a full review of the knowles dampers.

Aug 7, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #15,808 of 22,945
Anyone has a experience of contacting Shure for warranty, one of the piece of SE846 has completely no sound. I wondered if they would replace a new one for me or repair for me with charge. This pair is only 2 month old so it is absolutely in warranty.

Aug 7, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #15,809 of 22,945
Anyone has a experience of contacting Shure for warranty, one of the piece of SE846 has completely no sound. I wondered if they would replace a new one for me or repair for me with charge. This pair is only 2 month old so it is absolutely in warranty.

They will more than likely send you a new one - they wouldn't make you pay for the repair, especially if it is still in warranty. I had a cable issue with my SE530 and they sent me a new one.

Good luck and looking forward to reading the follow-up/update.

Aug 7, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #15,810 of 22,945

I've worked with their Support Services on two occasions. Simply download and fill out the service request form which begins on the following link. http://www.shure.com/americas/support/service-repair#step-1 You'll need to provide a dated proof of purchase if you're submitting a warranty claim. Pack up everything in a box with the required paperwork (I recommend USPS Flat Rate 2 Day Priority if in the US) and send it to the provided address on the Service Request form. It'll be a two day turn around time at most once they receive the defective items. Shure does not repair the 846's or offer any small items to purchase other than the nozzle inserts. The company has made the executive decision to replace the buds rather than repair or offer replacement parts based on the price of the 846's. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back