Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Jun 1, 2016 at 7:47 AM Post #15,436 of 22,945

Hey all, I am new to this forum.

Hi, Biswajit. I have been using the 846 and mojo duo for over 2 months now. The synergy is wonderful. It is to be noted that I uses the white filter and I changed the cable to a Whiplash Twag V3 Litz. 

The mojo really helps to stretch the sound stage of 846 both wider and deeper. The highs become more smooth and refined and I especially love the sweetness of the midrange that Mojo provides. Vocals have better imaging and separation to the instruments as well.

Thanks for the input, i will try to get one in the coming months. Currently, i am busy with upgrading my old PC and have money for the very basic ones like the e12A.
frown.gif

Jun 1, 2016 at 11:03 PM Post #15,437 of 22,945
Recently picked up the 846 myself. I was never a fan of IEM's but rave reviews and the wish for truly portabe hi-fi finally made me give in.
Standard disclaimer:not an audiophile but listen to music a lot and see a lot iof live music.
Great sound of course but the best thjing for me is it's versatility. iPhone 6s and Tidal as source I'm in awe of how great they sound and no hassles with gear. Hifim8 and it turns up the detail and tightens and richens the bass and just better. Best rock and roll setup I've heard. Then with Lyr2 plus Bifrost it becomes a reference HP. Detail galore plus phenomenal bass control. All the depth, width and height you ask for. I also have the Ether C and the detail on those is astounding. Trumps the 846. Approaches the HE560 which I also have in openness and pure impact.
All in all the best audio purchase I've made to date. Well worth the entry price.

Jun 2, 2016 at 1:36 AM Post #15,438 of 22,945
I have been using this cable with my 846 & Samsung S7 for last couple of weeks (in case any android phone users are looking for a cable). Works flawlessly. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201405303344?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Jun 3, 2016 at 2:38 PM Post #15,442 of 22,945
I kid you not: I just logged onto head-fi.org today for one speciific reason, to trumpet the singular greatness of my SE846. Pricey, yes, but I have said it before: one of the best audio investments I have made OF ALL TIME. Quality, durability and SOUND FOR DAYS.

Jun 3, 2016 at 6:46 PM Post #15,443 of 22,945
Has anyone used the Westone braided cable with the SE846? If so, what is it like?

I'm looking for a replacement cable for my set. I'd ideally like a braided cable without the plastic covering the over-ear section, and I heard the W60 cable is a good choice. What other choices would be good? I don't want to pay too much for it.

Jun 3, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #15,444 of 22,945
Has anyone used the Westone braided cable with the SE846? If so, what is it like?

I'm looking for a replacement cable for my set. I'd ideally like a braided cable without the plastic covering the over-ear section, and I heard the W60 cable is a good choice. What other choices would be good? I don't want to pay too much for it.

The connectors from Westone would not be compatible with the 846.

Jun 3, 2016 at 8:09 PM Post #15,445 of 22,945
The connectors from Westone would not be compatible with the 846.

The UM Pro series cable definitely works. I tried it at the store the other day, and it sounded just like the 846 but without that disgusting cable. However there are apparently some issues regarding the loose connector over time, but for the time I demoed it, it was perfectly fine.

Jun 3, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #15,446 of 22,945
The UM Pro series cable definitely works. I tried it at the store the other day, and it sounded just like the 846 but without that disgusting cable. However there are apparently some issues regarding the loose connector over time, but for the time I demoed it, it was perfectly fine.

The loose connection is what I am referring too. There is a washer on the 846 cable that correct this issue.

Jun 4, 2016 at 2:02 AM Post #15,448 of 22,945

I have a westone cable & it is not an ideal fit with 846. It keeps coming off the connectors.

Jun 4, 2016 at 9:07 AM Post #15,449 of 22,945

I have a westone cable & it is not an ideal fit with 846. It keeps coming off the connectors.

You'll have to shave the excess plastic, surrounding the mmcx connector on the westone cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back