Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Apr 16, 2016 at 3:07 PM Post #14,911 of 22,960
I think you are correct, no answer.

Apr 16, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #14,913 of 22,960
I agree.  Also purchased the CP-800 spinfits and didn't care for them.  They fit very well in the ear canal, but the treble was too bright for me.  Back to the tapered Shure foam tips.

BTW, I also tried the black tips modded (removed one piece of foam) and that made the SE846 sound completely un-natural.  Back to the unmodded blue tips for me.
YMMV.

Also just tried black filters and spinfits and, while the treble is not as hot, something happened to the coherence of the sound, which I didn't like. I might get the large spinfits, I dunno, but for the time back to the blue unmodded and Shure olives with wax guard removed. Best sound to me so far.

Apr 16, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #14,914 of 22,960
Guys, im between two dilemma to combo with my se846...

1 = Silver Dragon Shure V1 ( moon audio ) 
> this cable is a hybrid
The Silver Dragon IEM is a coaxial design using a 99.99998% UP-OCC Stranded Silver 26AWG center conductor for the positive leg. The center conductor uses the same Kevlar reinforcing as the other Dragon cables. It is wrapped concentrically by a 99.99998% UP-OCC silver plated single crystallized UP-OCC pure copper stranded 26AWG gauge conductor with 7N purity 99.99998%. 

2 = Silver Litz ( from Ted - headphonelounge.com )
> this cable is a full silver litz
24awg occ Silver Litz

* Some guys told me that, the ( Silver Dragon V1 ) using on se846, made his more balanced, not so much bright
* As the silver litz, some told me that, is more bright

- Each are on my ( cost to spend on cable ) = US$ 220
- The silver dragon ( is black and dont will get yellow parts with the time )
- The silver litz ( is a custom and beaultiful wire silver ) - i just have afraid to yellow ( after some times and with somes sun UV when i out on street )

# SO GUYS, WHO HERE HAVE USING THIS CABLES ON SE846 OR OTHER IEMS AND CAN GIVE ME SOME FEEDBACKS ABOUT IT...?

1 = The Silver Litz ( Will yellow? - i saw some picture os silver litz go yellow )
2 = The silver litz is more bright as silver dragon?
3 = How is the quality sound and... have some ( difference where can i see the more bright to the not so much bright )? some example ( audio to have ideia )?

Apr 16, 2016 at 4:05 PM Post #14,915 of 22,960
I bought my SE846 from a fellow Head-Fi'er.  They came with this cable:

http://forzaaudioworks.com/en/product.php?id_product=75

I haven't looked further.  The sound is great, unless I screw it up by modding the tips or using Spinfits :).

Apr 16, 2016 at 5:37 PM Post #14,916 of 22,960

I haven't looked further.  The sound is great, unless I screw it up by modding the tips or using Spinfits :).

basshead.gif

Apr 16, 2016 at 6:10 PM Post #14,918 of 22,960
i found a post comparing se846 to k10 to u12 few months back but wasn't interested in reading it then. was a long post and i guess it was posted in this thread.
if anyone knows what i am talking about, could you please direct me to that post? i tried but i can't find it.

Apr 16, 2016 at 7:01 PM Post #14,919 of 22,960
i found a post comparing se846 to k10 to u12 few months back but wasn't interested in reading it then. was a long post and i guess it was posted in this thread.
if anyone knows what i am talking about, could you please direct me to that post? i tried but i can't find it.

I'd also be interested in that.

Apr 16, 2016 at 7:12 PM Post #14,920 of 22,960

I have the forza copper series. I was going to get the hybrid but I cheaped out. It arrived this week. Boy, did it make a difference, but I got it balanced with RSA/ALO to use with my pioneer XPA700 amp. Bass hits harder and the soundstage opened up dramatically. The treble sounds smoother but also extends more. I'm extremely happy with it. I don't know if it's the cable or balanced out that's the cause.

Apr 16, 2016 at 7:13 PM Post #14,921 of 22,960
Apr 16, 2016 at 8:24 PM Post #14,922 of 22,960

I have the forza copper series. I was going to get the hybrid but I cheaped out. It arrived this week. Boy, did it make a difference, but I got it balanced with RSA/ALO to use with my pioneer XPA700 amp. Bass hits harder and the soundstage opened up dramatically. The treble sounds smoother but also extends more. I'm extremely happy with it. I don't know if it's the cable or balanced out that's the cause.

Too bad you introduced another variable balanced.. It will provide louder sq, but enjoy the benefits regardless.

Apr 16, 2016 at 8:46 PM Post #14,923 of 22,960
[COLOR=000000]kind of weird question but its my personality:[/COLOR]
[COLOR=000000]i keep hearing (on my left earphone) whenever i push it into my ear deeply or whenever i shake my head, i keep hearing an beep, high pitched tone ; twittering, chirping or call it however you would like.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=000000]some electric beep.. a small one. but still an tone..[/COLOR]
[COLOR=000000]does anybody think it is normal thing?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=000000]was tested without music playing of course. just with the cable connected to the source. no music playing.[/COLOR]

Anybody?

Apr 17, 2016 at 1:09 AM Post #14,924 of 22,960
I've been using old school triple flanges with the wide mouth and a modded tube adapter I made myself. Its wider like the spin fits than the stock tips but its even wider than that. Imo it makes the bass 10x better due to absolute pitch black noise floor. Seal is insane and therefore bass is absolutely ideal. Bass aside to my ears the sound stage is boosted a bit but the highs are a bit more laid back.. I think that's mostly due to the spinfits not having as thick of a bass pipe.

They are easy to make if anyone is interested just pm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back