Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Mar 3, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #14,341 of 22,945
I'm currently shopping for a new cable because the stock cable is really too stiff for me.
However, I've grown really used to the sound of the stock, so will you guys be able to recommend a better cable with similar sonic qualities?

Also, will a litz silver cable change the sound quality?

Thanks

Mar 3, 2016 at 11:25 PM Post #14,342 of 22,945
Dhc really does improve sq but at the trade off of cost and delivery

Mar 4, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #14,343 of 22,945
I listen to hardcore techo, pop, rock, metal. My main headphones at home are hd600 so my biggest worry is that they are too different from each other.

I think I won't go for westone. I plan to use these for very long time if I would end up with the 846.

There is no way for me to try top end iems so kinda difficult to pick one but for shure I know they are made to last

Mar 4, 2016 at 12:45 AM Post #14,344 of 22,945
I also listen to rock,techno,pop,ect.And for me the se846 are an great allround iem.Not an audiophile expert,but i think it is great.I like the warm sound of it.

Also ordered some spin fit tips for my se846 and for my brothers se530.ill hope they will be an improvement from my comply tips.The comply are good,but i hate to insert them an take them out.I`ll hope the spin fit will be easier to take in and out fast :)

Mar 4, 2016 at 1:19 AM Post #14,345 of 22,945
  I'm currently shopping for a new cable because the stock cable is really too stiff for me.
However, I've grown really used to the sound of the stock, so will you guys be able to recommend a better cable with similar sonic qualities?

Thanks

Yes, there is a change and a good one!

After using one I cant go back, even if they are more delicate and after 6 months of use you might need to replace them from the tear and wear.

Mar 4, 2016 at 3:32 AM Post #14,346 of 22,945
I ordered some SpinFit tips from Jaben in Singapore (I live in South Korea) and I have to say, I'm quite pleased with these. I commute to work on public transporation, live in a big noisey apartment, and for isolation I've long preferred the stock black olive tips over anything else, Westone / Comply, you name it. The SpinFits don't isolate nearly as well. However, they have added a bit of richness to my music. Maybe it's my imagination, but everything seems just a little crisper, more detailed, more nuanced, from the sub bass all the way up to the treble (I use the white filters, only the white filters). I bought the largest size SpinFits and they fit snug as can be. Color me impressed!

Mar 4, 2016 at 3:36 AM Post #14,347 of 22,945

Thanks

Yup, if you search the thread you'll find much positive feedback for Ted Headphone Lounge's silver litz reference cable. Great build and sound.

Mar 4, 2016 at 7:30 AM Post #14,348 of 22,945
I'd add dhc but when you add the cost and the unbeleivably long wait time, the sq enhancement trade off becomes a meh.

Mar 4, 2016 at 8:08 AM Post #14,351 of 22,945
Honest question. If you invest 600usd for a cable why don't you just put that towards even more expensive iem?

I'd slap a dhc 600 plus cable on that cable too. :rolleyes:

Mar 4, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #14,352 of 22,945
I ordered some SpinFit tips from Jaben in Singapore (I live in South Korea) and I have to say, I'm quite pleased with these. I commute to work on public transporation, live in a big noisey apartment, and for isolation I've long preferred the stock black olive tips over anything else, Westone / Comply, you name it. The SpinFits don't isolate nearly as well. However, they have added a bit of richness to my music. Maybe it's my imagination, but everything seems just a little crisper, more detailed, more nuanced, from the sub bass all the way up to the treble (I use the white filters, only the white filters). I bought the largest size SpinFits and they fit snug as can be. Color me impressed!

Also using spinfits with the white filters and can agree with the extra clarity. Bass is actually hitting less hard but everything sounds much more clear and natural. Very very happy.

Mar 4, 2016 at 8:52 AM Post #14,353 of 22,945
Also using spinfits with the white filters and can agree with the extra clarity. Bass is actually hitting less hard but everything sounds much more clear and natural. Very very happy.

Check the seal, maybe is not good enough.

When I was using spinfits I had to make sure they need to ON THE RIGHT SPOT which was very hard but if I did it right I had a super clear sound and even better bass.

I had to move from them because after 30min of use they made me sweat and I had to adjust again which was hell. Now I use custom tips, so much better.

Mar 4, 2016 at 3:02 PM Post #14,355 of 22,945
Well I ended up returning the HD600. For me they just didn't work for hardcore techno. Too big soundstage, airy feel and analytical.

Would 846 be good for hardcore techno?

example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpPBi7dvYzw 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back