Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Sep 29, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #12,781 of 22,945
Are you sure ? Silver does not in anyway increase the trebles...unless you bought it from un-reputable sources and got the silver plated cables instead. Silver plated cables are very harsh and edgy on the trebles extension. I have personally experienced both. My SA-5000 was known to be a "super bright/detailed" headphones....guess what ?

Pure solid silver cables hard wired onto the drivers.

Yes, that is correct...you are seeing pure solid silver from the drivers to the removable connectors to the pure solid silver removable cables and balanced plug TRRS.

I can confirm that it doesn't increase the trebles....it adds airs, more bass textures and resolutions, better trebles extensions and smooth out the trebles no more edgy harsh. It would be somewhere along the line of "trebles orgasm"
Jjust an opinion. You have your opinion. I have demoed over 20 Silver cables and the ones I bought did push the Treble and in no way did the Silver cables lowered the Treble.

Sep 29, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #12,782 of 22,945
Jjust an opinion. You have your opinion. I have demoed over 20 Silver cables and the ones I bought did push the Treble and in no way did the Silver cables lowered the Treble.

Nope, it does not lower the trebles, neither does the bass. It doesn't add bass or trebles either, there is no cables that can do it....only "in-efficient or efficient" cables, and Pure silver is more "Efficient". Therefore, more air, and extensions can be observed across all frequencies. Probably due to this extensions efficient, the trebles has more texture, and smoother. It just sounds better period.

Personal opinion on my side, quality pure silver is the best of all cables. But I will stop here in the cables science kind of things. So, for anyone that asked. This is my personal opinions and experiences. Have fun picking your cables out :wink:

Sep 29, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #12,783 of 22,945
Nope, it does not lower the trebles, neither does the bass. It doesn't add bass or trebles either, there is no cables that can do it....only "in-efficient or efficient" cables, and Pure silver is more "Efficient". Therefore, more air, and extensions can be observed. Probably due to this extensions efficient, the trebles has more texture, and smoother. It just sounds better period.

Personal opinion on my side, quality pure silver is the best of all cables. But I will stop here in the cables science kind of things. So, for anyone that asked. This is my personal opinions and experiences. Have fun picking your cables out :wink:
Enjoy your cable.

Sep 29, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #12,784 of 22,945
There are hybrids like dhc cable that i use, pure silver type four litz, pure copper fusion 8 braid. Best of both if you are unsure

Sep 29, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #12,785 of 22,945
Gold, Silver, Copper.

Oct 1, 2015 at 9:35 AM Post #12,786 of 22,945
EyuiOL-8ff.jpg
Akwpa-Skj2.jpg
Gold, Silver, Copper.

Sexy!

Oct 1, 2015 at 11:46 PM Post #12,787 of 22,945
I had my 8's sitting on the shelf for a couple of weeks since I had a new much more expensive set to play with. You know about new toy syndrome. Today I reached for the 846 and decided to change the tips. I pulled out the Shure triple flange that I have never used and clipped off the top flange so they would fit. I screwed them in my ears, put on some music and sat back to see what this deeper insertion might bring. I was floored at the quality of the sound. I have always thought the 8's were quality iem's but now I've learned something. They can sound even better with the deeper insertion. I realize we all have different ears but all I can say is that with an iron clad seal these things are capable of some very high end sound. Are they the best I own or have heard overall, probably not. The area they excel in are the bass and the mids. You may find different but very hard to find better performance in those areas. 

I realize enough has been written about the performance of the 8's but my experience today after changing the tips forced me to write this. If I had to live with only one iem the 846 would be just fine. For those who are not satisfied with their 8's I suggest playing with several different tips before giving up on them. I just bet if you get s solid seal you won't be selling them.

Oct 2, 2015 at 10:48 AM Post #12,789 of 22,945
He probably remade itself, although I believe that a black version would be better than a transparent!

Oct 2, 2015 at 1:20 PM Post #12,792 of 22,945
yeah it's the real deal.... the product pictures (post above) are from the shure press center and the headphone itself is somewhat limited (as far as I was informed). Production date next to the serial number is 09/01/2015. These pictures (below) are from the shop. The best place in Switzerland to buy headphones btw -> http://www.k55.ch

I think I want one but first I try the AK T8IE

Oct 2, 2015 at 1:59 PM Post #12,793 of 22,945
yeah it's the real deal.... the product pictures (post above) are from the shure press center and the headphone itself is somewhat limited (as far as I was informed). Production date next to the serial number is 09/01/2015. These pictures (below) are from the shop. The best place in Switzerland to buy headphones btw -> http://www.k55.ch

I think I want one but first I try the AK T8IE
I bet that iem will lack bass and treble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back